Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47512
pyramider46370
bambino40308
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 08-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #1
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Virus Blocking Eccie

There is very selective virus blocking the Eccie board.

Apparently, my main computer is infected with it.

I was only able to log on with my laptop.

If anyone else encountered this problem and knows how to fix, post the solution.

. . . I've already tried a number of the standard remedies like running Malwarebytes.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
jframe2
Valued Poster

It would be helpful if you gave information as to what happens that leads you to think Eccie is being blocked by a virus.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Blocked

I thought I just told you.

When I tried to access the site with my usual bookmark on Firefox, it said it could not find the site.

When I typed Eccie in the Google search box, it came up empty.

Something is selectively blocking Eccie because all my other bookmarks are working.

. . . It would appear that something has hijacked my browser, but only away from the Eccie site.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

That's weird, eh?
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Attack

Yes, it is weird.

This board is deliberately attacked from time to time.

Either an aggressive competitor or someone else does these things simply to hurt the board.

. . . I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Pink Floyd
KAVORKA

Encounters: 40

Parental Controls. LOL What virus program do you have. Perhaps you can add ECCIE to your trusted sites. One time I actually blocked my own email.
Pink Floyd is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
I thought I just told you.
No, you did not. What you told us was this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
There is very selective virus blocking the Eccie board.

Apparently, my main computer is infected with it.

I was only able to log on with my laptop.

If anyone else encountered this problem and knows how to fix, post the solution.

. . . I've already tried a number of the standard remedies like running Malwarebytes.
That is not much to go on and little of what you referenced in Post 3 was in that post. Jframe2 is correct. The more specific the information presented the better we will be able to help you.

So, with that in mind...

• What operating system is in use including version and any service packs?
  • Is your anti-virus and anti-malware software up to date.
  • What version of Firefox is in use? I myself encountered issues with Version 13 and as a result have gone back to Version 12.
  • Have you applied any updates to your operating system or your browser?
  • Have you installed any new plug-ins or add-ons to your browser?
  • Have you gone to Mozilla.org and checked to see if your issue has been reported by others or if there is any information that may help you?
  • Can you access other adult oriented sites? Perhaps there is a parental control thing going on.

As you can see, the possibilities can be endless. Specificity is key to finding a resolution.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Computer Issues

There are no parental controls on my computer as I am the only one who uses it.

I did have some issues with Windows 7 updates, but finally resolved them.

As for any more specificity, if anyone else encountered this problem, they would know exactly what I was talking about.

. . . My inquiry was directed to anyone who knew what I was talking about and had found a solution. I am not interested in a granular discussion with anyone who wants to be spoon fed.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
LaStang
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

check your browsers security to make sure eccie is not blocked in the settings
LaStang is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
PhantomofTheOpera
Valued Poster

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Cool

FG, what Mokoa wrote is not being “spoon fed” but is a normal troubleshooting and diagnosing approach in IT. As I have had problems connecting to Eccie, in a manner similar to what you described, I was able to determine the issue was most likely either my ISP or a router along the way from me to Eccie that had some bad information. In the case of my ISP, they most likely had some ongoing maintenance being performed which took out certain sets of routers, and the alternate paths, from being used.

Since you seem to think it is a virus, which most likely it is not, here are two tools you can use before making another thread like this.

1) Run a tracert at the command prompt by typing the following:
C:\>tracert eccie.net (then press enter). Follow the white rabbit down the hole to see where she goes. If you see she resolves to something like eccie.net [96.1.2.151], then you most likely don’t have a router problem.

2) Use this url http://www.isup.me/ and then enter the url for this site. If it indicates the site is up, then the problem is definitely your computer but most likely not a virus. Further technical work is required to make a determination of what the actual problem might be.

Most likely the problem is not a virus but could be your system. However, it is most likely external to your computer. In a nutshell, without being specific as you desire, the answer to your query is: It depends...
PhantomofTheOpera is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Phantom is right. Non specific shit leads to non specific solutions.

Windows often does security changes when alloying updates. Check ur browser and hopefully u aren 't using IE.

More info means better troubleshooting and more chance of solution. It is ALL about details, details details....
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
sky_wire
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
Phantom is right. Non specific shit leads to non specific solutions.

Windows often does security changes when alloying updates. Check ur browser and hopefully u aren 't using IE.

More info means better troubleshooting and more chance of solution. It is ALL about details, details details....
garbage in, garbage out. It's one of the oldest computer sayings.
sky_wire is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Security Measures

My computer problem was described specifically enough to be understood by anyone experiencing the same problems.

My hope was for a solution by anyone if they had encountered the same problem.

To suddenly discover that your browser cannot locate Eccie, but remembers most of the other bookmarks indicates a very selective virus or Trojan horse of some type. Then bringing up Google, but coming up empty when you type in Eccie is not only strange, but troubling.

Nevertheless, I had to get a professional to run a diagnostic on my computer remotely and help me rid my system of numerous virus.

You might note that she did her work without asking nearly as many questions as some of you did.

Frankly, I do not believe that my computer was the only one infected with this strange virus and I was hoping that someone had a solution to share to benefit the entire board.

For your information, my own final solution was to get a certified technician who took several hours to clean out my system. She also selected certain upgrades to remove saying they were not compatible with my system.

My theory is that someone is deliberately infecting the Eccie board in the hopes of surreptitiously driving away the members from the board which would logically be either LE or a competitor.

This problem has occurred a few times before, but nothing much was done about it or even explained by the Eccie staff.

. . . Personally, I believe that the Eccie staff should be concerned enough about this recurrent problem to implement more security measures before even more serious damage is done.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Delete all of your browser cookies, then try again and report back

B
Guest071313-5 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Oh sorry, I just read where you took it to a tech. I'm sure they just cleaned you up a bit, deleted temp files, cookies, disabled and or updated add ons, etc.

However, no viruses are blocking this site. You would need to infect the host file on your computer or block the specific ip address of the eccie server in your browser. Or they could specifically overwork the server with request, a denial of service attack, in which case nobody could get on. They also could put a virus on the server, which would need to grant you access to the server to infect you, so blocking you out would be counter productive.

Either way, thanks for the heads up, glad your on again.

TMI?

Beez
Guest071313-5 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women