Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452907
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 03-10-2021, 04:40 PM   #16
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
Should’ve went with balanced billing.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Get a fixed contract.....pay a little more with no risk.
No change in my shit....same bill I pay every month....fuck’em, they should’ve made better life choices......
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #17
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Texas attorney general sues Griddy for electric bills......which they only passed on the gas cost enforced by the PUC.

Griddy files bankruptcy......that didn't take long.

Another great series of events brought on by goverment agencies.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:25 PM   #18
pxmcc
BANNED

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Texas attorney general sues Griddy for electric bills......which they only passed on the gas cost enforced by the PUC.

Griddy files bankruptcy......that didn't take long.

Another great series of events brought on by goverment agencies.
who the hell designed a grid system where in a rocky month the occupants in a 2 bedroom condo can almost freeze to death and still get a 10k electric bill? talk about price gouging..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:51 AM   #19
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
who the hell designed a grid system where in a rocky month the occupants in a 2 bedroom condo can almost freeze to death and still get a 10k electric bill? talk about price gouging..

P.T. Barnum?
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #20
VitaMan
Valued Poster

At another time, they used to call it war profiteering.....a felony ?

But it is okay for the government to do it......lotto anyone ?
Old 03-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #21
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

War profiteering comes during war time. The term is non applicable.

General profiteering would be more accurate but that's not what happened in this instance.

In the beginning it looked like people were getting hosed because they made poor decisions regarding their electricity providers...But those people signed the contracts so they are assumed to have known what they were getting into. It's not profiteering.

Since it became such a big issue it's now coming out that billing mistakes were made. OK, maybe there were billing mistakes that are being corrected but my guess is these wholesalers are making backroom deals to bring the costs down in order to keep the heat off.

Profiteering is selling a $6 case of water for $100 because people are thirsty and you are the only one with water. I'm not sure that's a felony although it may get you a visit from the state AG. Advertising that case of water for $100 and then refusing to sell it for less than $150 would actually probably land a profiteer in more hot water.

I've bought lottery tickets from time to time. Not one single time has anyone held a gun to my head, twisted my arm or in any other way coerced me to do it. IJS
Old 03-19-2021, 08:47 AM   #22
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Another screwed up Texas governmental agency is the workforce commission. Some people they give $ 2,000 monthly payments to that have never worked. Other people that need help takes them months to respond and months to make a decision. They say they are overwhelmed with requests and applications.....which is true. Maybe that is what the private sector should start using as as excuse too.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:36 AM   #23
VitaMan
Valued Poster

"I've bought lottery tickets from time to time. Not one single time has anyone held a gun to my head, twisted my arm or in any other way coerced me to do it."

Missed the point on this.....gambling used to be classified as a vice by the government....until they were able to make money off it
Old 03-19-2021, 10:37 AM   #24
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Old 03-19-2021, 11:08 AM   #25
pxmcc
BANNED

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
P.T. Barnum?
you are correct sir..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #26
bigstickdave6969
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I just got my electric bill. $41 for the whole house lol.
bigstickdave6969 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:32 PM   #27
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Got mine too. Lowest in 13 months.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #28
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
did the PUC give a clear explanation of possible downsides of the plan to its customers that wasn't written in legal jargon that only lawyers understand, and 7 point font? that's called disclosure of material terms of the contract that PUC-or its authorized agents-should provide to its customers who were in a position of unequal bargaining power. (how many non-attys can read that fine print and have any clue wtf it means?) there is a doctrine called unconscionability that applies when a contract meets all the legal requirements, but ends up in a result where a consumer gets fucked just because he didn't have the technical wherewithal to understand exactly what he was getting himself into. if it applies, courts take the contract, rip it up, and then go from there to analyze the case.

the standard is what a reasonable consumer would understand from all that fine print; not limited to what a retard would understand, but also a reasonable consumer is not held to the standard of what a legal eagle would infer. if your electric bill can fly to 9$/kWhr under the plan, that information-plausible and outrageous-must be disclosed to John Q. Consumer, as he might find that info material to his choice of what electric plan to pick, and from what company. failure to disclose as required is a material omission with some remedies provided by the law.

i don't have time to research this just for fun, as i'm not practicing, but if i was a practicing consumer law liar, i'd pull out the TX Deceptive Trade Practices Act and look for some more-than-plausible causes of action. the dtpa comes with treble damages for knowing and wilful fuckery. A jury would be all over that, as that conduct does not pass the smell test. everyone understands that a 10k bill from your electric company after your power went out and you almost froze to death is some serious fuckery, and the DTPA is all about remedies for the little guy for corporate fuckery. Texas does have some great laws, with the DTPA and consumer bankruptcy laws being among the best imo.
Customers are not signing up with the PUC, they sign up with their local providers. I looked into variable rate years ago. If one simply looks at the paperwork it is clear that there is no cap on how high the rate can go. When I read that, and reread it I stayed where I was.
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women