Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35178
Mojojo33117

Old 02-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
EagleEye
Premium Access

Encounters: 47
Default What up with TX SB6?

I consider myself reasonably smart (degree in Comp Sci, MBA) and well up to date (Economist, Fox, Reuters, BBC, CNN). That said, I am a bit flummoxed by SB6.

What is the problem being solved? Are they worried cross dressing males will go into a women's bathroom to watch and/or assault women?

If you must use to the bathroom on your birth certificate, won't that mean women transitioning to men may/will look like a man and have junk and go into the women's restrooms and vice versa?

And, of course, how is this going to be policed?

I seriously am confused by this whole thing. What am I missing?
EagleEye is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
veedub63
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
.............................. ..

I seriously am confused by this whole thing. What am I missing?
Yes, it is very confusing.

There are some who wish to loudly proclaim that "gender is not fluid". And, while I am of that present opinion, I do recognize that societal values change over time (abolition of slavery, civil rights, women vote, same sex marriage, etc) and perhaps the winds of change are blowing in favor of fluid gender (transgender) folks.

As for now, I would propose that the laws that are presently in effect provide adequate protections. Obscenity laws, lewdness laws, assault, etc. Let the states figure it out. If folks in Texas come to accept the idea of gender being fluid, then stop prosecuting those cases that flow from a "male" visiting a "female" restroom (and vice-versa, of course). Until then, the fluid gender folks should be proscribed from self-gender determination (and perhaps retain the services of a mental health professional).
veedub63 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:

What is the problem being solved? Are they worried cross dressing males will go into a women's bathroom to watch and/or assault women?

If you must use to the bathroom on your birth certificate, won't that mean women transitioning to men may/will look like a man and have junk and go into the women's restrooms and vice versa?
Exacta-mundo, EE! Them crossdress'rs pull thet crapola all tha time! Happens at least e'ery 10th eppysode o' SVU!

An' as fur as them trans folks, it's a way fer God-fearin' Muricans laik meh an' yew ta spot them an' keep an' eye on 'em. An if'n sum cityzens wif a CCL takes a few o' them trans folks out, well, thet's just tha cost o' ensurin' liberty unner tha 2nd 'mendment! If'n them trans folks don't laik it, they kin all go back ta Transylvania whar they came frum
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I'm guessing those folks that have an issue have never been to an event that is occupied by "PortaPotties"... never saw a gender sign , not once. Just a bunch of homophobes protecting us from ourselves. They obviously are convinced we can't make our own decisions.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
EagleEye
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst View Post
Exacta-mundo, EE! Them crossdress'rs pull thet crapola all tha time! Happens at least e'ery 10th eppysode o' SVU!

An' as fur as them trans folks, it's a way fer God-fearin' Muricans laik meh an' yew ta spot them an' keep an' eye on 'em. An if'n sum cityzens wif a CCL takes a few o' them trans folks out, well, thet's just tha cost o' ensurin' liberty unner tha 2nd 'mendment! If'n them trans folks don't laik it, they kin all go back ta Transylvania whar they came frum
Old 02-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #6
veedub63
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
I'm guessing those folks that have an issue have never been to an event that is occupied by "PortaPotties"... never saw a gender sign , not once. Just a bunch of homophobes protecting us from ourselves. They obviously are convinced we can't make our own decisions.
Name calling will only elicit the same from the other side.

The situation transcends a simple "restroom" issue. If gender is fluid, then are you prepared to live in a gender-less society? Honestly, the idea of a gender-less society works against the ultimate desire of the transsexual; to be recognized as the opposite sex (as they see themselves).

I agree with the law insomuch as it maintains gender as a recognizable and inalienable trait. Although, I believe focusing on restroom issues is, well, retarded. Let the transsexuals be; they have been using the restroom of their choice for YEARS without much concern. If someone desires to physically change their gender, to match their psychological gender, then provide a legal mechanism to allow them to do this seamlessly and with dignity. The restroom issue is nonsense.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
EagleEye
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub63 View Post
The situation transcends a simple "restroom" issue. If gender is fluid, then are you prepared to live in a gender-less society? Honestly, the idea of a gender-less society works against the ultimate desire of the transsexual; to be recognized as the opposite sex (as they see themselves).

I agree with the law insomuch as it maintains gender as a recognizable and inalienable trait. Although, I believe focusing on restroom issues is, well, retarded. Let the transsexuals be; they have been using the restroom of their choice for YEARS without much concern. If someone desires to physically change their gender, to match their psychological gender, then provide a legal mechanism to allow them to do this seamlessly and with dignity. The restroom issue is nonsense.
To me, fluid infers the person moves back and forth, like a bisexual person's sexual encounters bouncing from one sex to another. I think a more accurate term - at least with regards to gender identity - would be that in the 21st century, physical gender is mutable, where it once was not.

Not sure why NC and TX have their panties (or boxers) in a bunch about this... as you say, people have been doing this for years. And its not going to stop same sex predators from going after children of their same sex.

Fascinating to see how this ends up in TX, and whether there is economic impact as with NC. The governor evidently told the NFL to fuck off about getting involved in this.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #8
veedub63
Valued Poster

Quote:
To me, fluid infers the person moves back and forth, like a bisexual person's sexual encounters bouncing from one sex to another. I think a more accurate term - at least with regards to gender identity - would be that in the 21st century, physical gender is mutable, where it once was not.

Not sure why NC and TX have their panties (or boxers) in a bunch about this... as you say, people have been doing this for years. And its not going to stop same sex predators from going after children of their same sex.

Fascinating to see how this ends up in TX, and whether there is economic impact as with NC. The governor evidently told the NFL to fuck off about getting involved in this.
Not to be splitting hairs, but when I used the term fluid, I intended the natural implication to be applied. No law would make sense that would allow for someone to legally change gender just ONCE, hence fluid. I'm not being an a-hole, I just meant what I said and I disagree with the idea of gender being mutable. I believe a legally sound method should be available in order to change genders, and that once that change is made then you have an immutable characteristic. Of course, should one decide to change again, then the mechanism is available.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #9
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
Valid point but most are "single serve" with a lock on them. And while I have seen multiple fixtures in some porta-potties it always seemed to come down to personal preference.
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #10
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

+1 I agree - and if you gotta go--you gotta go - hell, I've used the men's bathroom lots of times because the line to the women's bathroom is always so damn long. And my main intent is to get to the toilet - not to check if there are transsexuals in there - I mean, really who cares??

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub63 View Post
Name calling will only elicit the same from the other side.

Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 AM   #11
EagleEye
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
+1 I agree - and if you gotta go--you gotta go - hell, I've used the men's bathroom lots of times because the line to the women's bathroom is always so damn long. And my main intent is to get to the toilet - not to check if there are transsexuals in there - I mean, really who cares??
It seems as if the Governor and Lt. Governor care... a lot.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
redbeard42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

redbeard42 is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #13
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Restroom in a new West Houston brewpub was a "lobby" with a large trough-like sink and multiple faucets, surrounded by a dozen private stalls with doors. No men's, no women's. Just shitters.

Problem solved.

NEXT!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women