Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35188
Mojojo33117

Old 06-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Prosecution of good Samaritan for rendering aid to illegals

This guy apparently was facing 20 years in prison for giving illegal immigrants food and water and advising them on how to self rescue if they encountered a life threatening situation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/u...na-deaths.html

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...al/1427696001/

His arrest came shortly after his charitable organization posted a video showing border patrol agents destroying water his group had stashed in the desert.

I don't think he and his group are sheltering illegals. They're not like the underground railroad that helped slaves leave the south, or coyotes or traffickers.

Any thoughts on this? I don't think he should have been prosecuted, for rendering humanitarian aid. About 400 people die crossing the border every year. I'd rather we didn't have illegal immigrants entering the USA. But it's better to have a live illegal here than a dead one in the desert.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

I had read the AP story, which was almost an editorial instead of straight news

the thought I had was that he and his group aid in, perhaps not getting illegals across, but stand at the ready to help them complete the event, like receiving the baton in a relay race

letting the coyote's get them across but then pick up, hide and aid in dispersing them into the interior

and by doing so , just entice more to make a dangerous trek

didn't seem kosher to me and good Samaritan they don't seem to be, more like scofflaws with a political agenda

but I wasn't interested enough to read all the trial transcript to find out

the hung jury seemed like nullification due to there were some dims and/or prejudicial intransigence on the jury

I have a friend who owns a large ranch in encinal, she came upon a dozen or more illegals on her ranch huddled under the scrub to get out of the sun, she was alone and scared she might have been, but she gave then all her bottled water and food out of the ranch house, and all her canned goods with a can opener for later..she was a good samaritan
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

He's enabling them and should be arrested.

He systematically puts water out along their routes. What's the humanitarian aid for the land owners along the southern border who've been robbed, threaten, injured or killed?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
I had read the AP story, which was almost an editorial instead of straight news

the thought I had was that he and his group aid in, perhaps not getting illegals across, but stand at the ready to help them complete the event, like receiving the baton in a relay race

letting the coyote's get them across but then pick up, hide and aid in dispersing them into the interior

and by doing so , just entice more to make a dangerous trek

didn't seem kosher to me and good Samaritan they don't seem to be, more like scofflaws with a political agenda

but I wasn't interested enough to read all the trial transcript to find out

the hung jury seemed like nullification due to there were some dims and/or prejudicial intransigence on the jury

I have a friend who owns a large ranch in encinal, she came upon a dozen or more illegals on her ranch huddled under the scrub to get out of the sun, she was alone and scared she might have been, but she gave then all her bottled water and food out of the ranch house, and all her canned goods with a can opener for later..she was a good samaritan
Did you not have anyone befriend you as a child?

Jesus the must have beat the compassion outta ya in that orphanage!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
This guy apparently was facing 20 years in prison for giving illegal immigrants food and water and advising them on how to self rescue if they encountered a life threatening situation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/u...na-deaths.html

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...al/1427696001/

His arrest came shortly after his charitable organization posted a video showing border patrol agents destroying water his group had stashed in the desert.

I don't think he and his group are sheltering illegals. They're not like the underground railroad that helped slaves leave the south, or coyotes or traffickers.

Any thoughts on this? I don't think he should have been prosecuted, for rendering humanitarian aid. About 400 people die crossing the border every year. I'd rather we didn't have illegal immigrants entering the USA. But it's better to have a live illegal here than a dead one in the desert.
I agree with you.

Stupid waste of taxpayer dollars.

The policy before was suffice. Jeff Session was probably trying g to get back in Trumps good grace with this bonehead policy shift.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #6
oeb11
Valued Poster

It is a fine point of difference between aiding in a humanitarian way, versus enabling illegal migrants being human trafficked into the US ILLEGALLY.
MSM presents this as a humanitarian being persecuted and prosecuted by the Trump administration. Truth is likely different. I am no fan of prosecution for humanitarian aid
Question - Why did Warren not contact Border Patrol to assist in the care and aid of these migrants. Why did he not act to place the migrants in care for medical and hospital care, and in the appropriate legal care of the Border Patrol?
Answer - he did not because he was aiding illegal migration - not just helping in a humanitarian way.

That , to me, IMHO - is a critical difference in the intent of Warren's actions. If he had contacted Border Patrol to help these folks - and aided them until BP arrived - I see no Crime.

That written - agree with Tiny - a live person is better than a dead person in the desert. and, 20 years is far too stiff a sentence for what Warren did. Offer probation, and an opportunity for community service in aid to illegal migrants found on our soil.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
It is a fine point of difference between aiding in a humanitarian way, versus enabling illegal migrants being human trafficked into the US ILLEGALLY.
MSM presents this as a humanitarian being persecuted and prosecuted by the Trump administration. Truth is likely different. I am no fan of prosecution for humanitarian aid
Question - Why did Warren not contact Border Patrol to assist in the care and aid of these migrants. Why did he not act to place the migrants in care for medical and hospital care, and in the appropriate legal care of the Border Patrol?
Answer - he did not because he was aiding illegal migration - not just helping in a humanitarian way.

That , to me, IMHO - is a critical difference in the intent of Warren's actions. If he had contacted Border Patrol to help these folks - and aided them until BP arrived - I see no Crime.
To me the fine line is profit.

He did nothing to profit from these people being here.

You can make a stronger case that Trump himself should be prosecuted for this same crime as he knowingly hired illegal immigrants. For decades!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #8
oeb11
Valued Poster

Turning the migrants in to BP would also not be a "profit maker".
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #9
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Since the term "good Samaritan" was used let's look at that usage. As I recall the Samaritan was minding his own business when he came across someone in trouble. He rendered aid. He was not patrolling the roads looking for excitement. This guy was not a good Samaritan. They have laws that recognize someone being put in the situation of rendering first aid without the prerequisite training. They are protected. However, if you are a doctor, nurse, or EMT trained individual you don't have the same protections. You are expected to perform at a certain level of proficiency.
This guy put himself out there, on purpose, to save lives and knowingly break the law. He aided not just illegal aliens but the traffickers as well. He is guilty. He should have rendered aid and called the authorities. Twenty years...harsh but does anyone think he is going to serve that? A message was being sent. He'll be out in five.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Turning the migrants in to BP would also not be a "profit maker".
So you want to deputize all citizen to detain anyone the see fit?

Boy that should work our well.

Trump is more guilty than this guy
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #11
oeb11
Valued Poster

TBC - agree with your second paragraph.

Good Samaritan law in Texas:
According to The Texas Good Samaritan Act, “a person who in good faith administers emergency care at the scene of an emergency or in a hospital is not liable in civil damages for an act performed during the emergency unless the act is willfully or wantonly negligent.”
Doctors, nurses, and trained first responders are included under the act when acting as a Good Samaritan . Unless Impaired and cause a needless/negligent injury ( Ie Drunk or on drugs), or choose to bill for professional services rendered - which places care-givers under malpractice liability. EMT's responding as part of paid, professional duties are not considered "Good Samaritan responders" - and carry liability for professional action, as well as ,hopefully, liability insurance.
Any person responding to an emergency in a hospital - including - for example- passers- by to a person in cardiac arrest, doctors not involved in the patient's care, etc acting as good Samaritans are not held liable. Nurses in the employ of a hospital responding to a medical emergency are acting under their employment and not considered Good Samaritans.

As I understand that legal arena.

Another way to look at Warren's acts - if he puts out water and food (also littering) - to encourage illegal migration, and puts more innocent people at risk as they expect to find water and food to help them; He is not acting as a Good Samaritan. He is encouraging illegal migration through a risky desert landscape and putting more innocent people at risk.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:49 PM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Mr. Warren was indicted after Mr. Trump’s first attorney general, Jeff Sessions, directed federal prosecutors to prioritize cases involving the harboring of undocumented immigrants. In the past, the anti-harboring law has been used mainly against smugglers who transport migrants for profit, and occasionally against employers who knowingly recruit undocumented workers.

Mr. Warren’s defense lawyers said that their client was targeted by the Justice Department because No More Deaths had distributed a video showing Border Patrol agents destroying jugs of water that the group had placed in the desert. Mr. Warren was arrested a few hours after the video was posted online. A spokesman for Customs and Border Protection, Robert Daniels, said the agency could not comment during the pending prosecution.

Quote:

Another way to look at Warren's acts - if he puts out water and food (also littering) - to encourage illegal migration, and puts more innocent people at risk as they expect to find water and food to help them; He is not acting as a Good Samaritan. He is encouraging illegal migration through a risky desert landscape and putting more innocent people at risk.
That is certainly one way to look at it, not the Christian way but a way.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #13
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
That is certainly one way to look at it, not the Christian way but a way.
And what Christian doctrine discusses aiding and abetting someone in committing a crime? I don't remember reading that anywhere.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
And what Christian doctrine discusses aiding and abetting someone in committing a crime? I don't remember reading that anywhere.
If helping humans from dying in the desert is a crime....then this is not a Christian Nation

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:18 PM   #15
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I agree with you.

Stupid waste of taxpayer dollars.

The policy before was suffice. Jeff Session was probably trying g to get back in Trumps good grace with this bonehead policy shift.
You just want cheap and desperate employees to exploit in your business.

We should not entice people to cross that dangerous desert.
friendly fred is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women