Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
TexasTom
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Not quite to the level of having a different plate, but I simply don't have a plate on the front of my car. In Texas it isn't strictly legal because the last bill to remove the requirement didn't make through before the politicians adjourned. I know dozens of folks like me and never have had a problem with being stopped, etc.

So I just find a spot next to a building and back in. At least it makes it inconvenient for someone to get the number.
TexasTom is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #47
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
In Texas it isn't strictly legal because the last bill to remove the requirement didn't make through before the politicians adjourned. I know dozens of folks like me and never have had a problem with being stopped, etc.
That's not really an accurate statement of the law. "Strictly legal" has nothing to do with it. It's illegal not to have a front and rear license plate in Texas until the state legislature decides otherwise, if ever. Laws aren't often enforced based on what the legislature might or might not do. While I think it's probably unusual for a cop to write a ticket only for a driver not having a front license plate, it's the kind of ticky-tacky offense a cop might add on to, for example, a ticket for speeding.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #48
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Your license plate is not your top concern if you think you are being tracked or potentially blackmailed. Its the smart phone even with the GPS turned off. Then there's your toll tag. There may be Onstar issues. I almost got busted by a red light camera when my wife opened my mail.

Then there's your computer internet browser history.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #49
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Boltfan, just scan the area doing counter surveillance and shoot those fuckers. I know what you are talking about.
guest061212-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #50
TexasTom
Valued Poster

Was I wrong? Did they remove the Texas requirement in the last session? If not, it's still "on the books"!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #51
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Was I wrong? Did they remove the Texas requirement in the last session? If not, it's still "on the books"!
Could you be clearer in your question, please? Thank you.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #52
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

This speculation is extremely fascinating.

The question was posed for both my side clown job and for a "friend" here trying to avoid getting her car repo'd.

JG, I do like your response though haha. That part is already handled, mainly by the fact that I just don't give a fuck what they do. Those folks are cowards, they can take all the pictures they want anonymously. They scare others, but the fear and worry won't come from me. They want to follow me to work, home, a strip club, whatever. Have fun wasting gas following me around and creating a digital footprint should you ever decide to come out from behind the curtain. I won't need any Trayvon Martin speculation to determine whether or not I acted in self defense when they are lying dead at my feet.

I know full well how to defend myself.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #53
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
This speculation is extremely fascinating.

The question was posed for both my side clown job and for a "friend" here trying to avoid getting her car repo'd.

JG, I do like your response though haha. That part is already handled, mainly by the fact that I just don't give a fuck what they do. Those folks are cowards, they can take all the pictures they want anonymously. They scare others, but the fear and worry won't come from me. They want to follow me to work, home, a strip club, whatever. Have fun wasting gas following me around and creating a digital footprint should you ever decide to come out from behind the curtain. I won't need any Trayvon Martin speculation to determine whether or not I acted in self defense when they are lying dead at my feet.

I know full well how to defend myself.
Changing plates won't help here.. Repo drivers know where all the VINS are located, and if they see a vehicle that is the same make/model as the one on the paperwork they are required to verify the VIN... you can get a new paint job to try to throw them off but they are required to check the VIN.

Best bet is to 1) get some bogus plates so she can swap em when she parks and hopes no-one see's her do that
2) shove something over the VIN # that is on the dash so it is temporarily blocked... (make it look like junk tossed on the dash) then she has to be careful when leaving parking lots.. if they are watching her they try to get it when she is getting into the car etc..

Best bet is to hide the car until she can get it caught up.

hell i knew a guy who drove his car out to his deer lease and hid it out there under a tarp.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #54
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Yeah I already have her putting something over the VIN. My understanding from some others in the repo business, you can't tow without verification. No plates and covered VIN will buy her some time.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #55
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Just get ghost plates
Easy to install and works great.

When I turn my truck off and set my alarm twice the plates are smoked out.
Cant see them.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #56
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Not sure if SJ can answer this or not.

Given the heat and sun here in Texas, I've seen plenty of people use automobile covers in office parking lots to keep the sun from cooking and fading the interiors.

Seeing as I have a few too many automobiles, any that are parked in plain site even on my own property are completely covered. (Dallas Code Compliance can claim that a parked car without a visible current license plate and inspection is a junk motor vehicle and issue citations.)

(Biggest covers from an auto parts place are about $60-70 and fold up to fit in the trunk neatly when not in use.

Doesn't take long to toss on a cover and some have grommets where you could easily use a cable to secure it so the wind or someone up to no good would not be able to lift it off.

Bottom line for SJ,

Are there any laws restricting the use of a car cover in the state of Texas?

Should someone visiting say an apartment complex check with the complex about their use before covering the car?

Might be the simplest way without the need of using fake plates or removing them,
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #57
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

I don't know of any law that restricts the use of car covers. Of course, if you used a car cover, you might have the same concerns for drawing attention to yourself that other people have noted if you removed your plates.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #58
TexasTom
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
Could you be clearer in your question, please? Thank you.

Nope, I'm being stupid.....again. I misread your reply, which is 100% accurate in my opinion.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women