Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59908
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 01-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #286
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default That would mean doctors not treating folks who have no money

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Well you start by getting the government the hell out of it.

So, about that nonsense: this week the House is expected to pass H.R. 2, the Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act — its actual name. But Republicans have a small problem: they claim to care about budget deficits, yet the Congressional Budget Office says that repealing last year’s health reform would increase the deficit. So what, other than dismissing the nonpartisan budget office’s verdict as “their opinion” — as Mr. Boehner has — can the G.O.P. do?
The answer is contained in an analysis — or maybe that should be “analysis” — released by the speaker’s office, which purports to show that health care reform actually increases the deficit. Why? That’s where the war on logic comes in.
First of all, says the analysis, the true cost of reform includes the cost of the “doc fix.” What’s that?
Well, in 1997 Congress enacted a formula to determine Medicare payments to physicians. The formula was, however, flawed; it would lead to payments so low that doctors would stop accepting Medicare patients. Instead of changing the formula, however, Congress has consistently enacted one-year fixes. And Republicans claim that the estimated cost of future fixes, $208 billion over the next 10 years, should be considered a cost of health care reform.
But the same spending would still be necessary if we were to undo reform. So the G.O.P. argument here is exactly like claiming that my mortgage payments, which I’ll have to make no matter what we do tonight, are a cost of going out for dinner.
There’s more like that: the G.O.P. also claims that $115 billion of other health care spending should be charged to health reform, even though the budget office has tried to explain that most of this spending would have taken place even without reform.
To be sure, the Republican analysis doesn’t rely entirely on spurious attributions of cost — it also relies on using three-card monte tricks to make money disappear. Health reform, says the budget office, will increase Social Security revenues and reduce Medicare costs. But the G.O.P. analysis says that these sums don’t count, because some people have said that these savings would also extend the life of these programs’ trust funds, so counting these savings as deficit reduction would be “double-counting,” because — well, actually it doesn’t make any sense, but it sounds impressive.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #287
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Interesting

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41188877...new_york_times

You do know how to use a link don't you WTF?
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #288
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41188877...new_york_times

Why....you guys just bitch and moan about them.

You got anything to say about the phoney numbers both sides use, or do you now want a link to show that too?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #289
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Lets say we did. How would you restructure our entire healthcare system to do that (remember the argument about messing with 1/6 of the economy - or whatever the number was) with the caveat that we had to have universal - or darn close to it - coverage.
We already have universial coverage....something that Repubs fail to understand.

Down here in Texas they are starting to find that out, the insurance companies are not like the proposed budget cuts to Medicade...they think it will force more people to the ER and thus drive up private health care cost because the Hospitials have to recoup thier costs somehow.

The chickens are coming home to roost here in Texas....we are thinking about cutting education , school districts with Republican leanings are crying bloody murder. Same shit all over the country...cut deficits but none of want the cuts to effect them. A comptroller that ran the numbers 6 years ago warned us that the numbers did not add up. Carol Keeton sumpn or other. I'm to lazy to look it up right now but there is going to be a bloody fight before our legislation session is over.

But hey ask RK, he seems to know all about it
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #290
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
So, about that nonsense: this week the House is expected to pass H.R. 2, the Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act — its actual name. But Republicans have a small problem: they claim to care about budget deficits, yet the Congressional Budget Office says that repealing last year’s health reform would increase the deficit. So what, other than dismissing the nonpartisan budget office’s verdict as “their opinion” — as Mr. Boehner has — can the G.O.P. do?
The answer is contained in an analysis — or maybe that should be “analysis” — released by the speaker’s office, which purports to show that health care reform actually increases the deficit. Why? That’s where the war on logic comes in.
First of all, says the analysis, the true cost of reform includes the cost of the “doc fix.” What’s that?
Well, in 1997 Congress enacted a formula to determine Medicare payments to physicians. The formula was, however, flawed; it would lead to payments so low that doctors would stop accepting Medicare patients. Instead of changing the formula, however, Congress has consistently enacted one-year fixes. And Republicans claim that the estimated cost of future fixes, $208 billion over the next 10 years, should be considered a cost of health care reform.
But the same spending would still be necessary if we were to undo reform. So the G.O.P. argument here is exactly like claiming that my mortgage payments, which I’ll have to make no matter what we do tonight, are a cost of going out for dinner.
There’s more like that: the G.O.P. also claims that $115 billion of other health care spending should be charged to health reform, even though the budget office has tried to explain that most of this spending would have taken place even without reform.
To be sure, the Republican analysis doesn’t rely entirely on spurious attributions of cost — it also relies on using three-card monte tricks to make money disappear. Health reform, says the budget office, will increase Social Security revenues and reduce Medicare costs. But the G.O.P. analysis says that these sums don’t count, because some people have said that these savings would also extend the life of these programs’ trust funds, so counting these savings as deficit reduction would be “double-counting,” because — well, actually it doesn’t make any sense, but it sounds impressive.
So you are channeling Paul Krugman these days?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/17/op...gman.html?_r=1
It is customary to include a link when you copy someone else. I thought you knew how to make links.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #291
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Well, what's wrong with that?

Paul Krugman is a towering paragon of credibility and objectivity. He taught us that the problem with Obama's $862 "stimulus package" is that it wasn't nearly large enough! We should have squandered at least $1.5 trillion in order to fill in more of the "output gap."

Remember, an economy can never recover from a severe recession without massive government spending initiatives. Doesn't history demonstrate that quite conclusively?
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #292
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
I don't accept the caveat.
Then we don't seem to have any solution we would agree on.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #293
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41188877/ns/business-the_new_york_times

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/17/opinion/17krugman.html?_r=1
It is customary to include a link when you copy someone else. I thought you knew how to make links.
I know how to make links....but I wish you poor babies could make up your minds. Do you want links or not.

How about arguing the crux of what he said...which is your analysis is only half the story.

Krugman exposes your partial facts and all ya'll can do is try and shoot the messenger.

Come on PJ argue the facts, not some GOP talking points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Paul Krugman is a towering paragon of credibility and objectivity. He taught us that the problem with Obama's $862 "stimulus package" is that it wasn't nearly large enough! We should have squandered at least $1.5 trillion in order to fill in more of the "output gap."

?
How about you telling us how mush of that 'stimulus package' was in the form of TAX CUTS.

Krugman advocates govt. spending in down times. Is it more credible to start two wars and cut taxes?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #294
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Krauthammer does a pretty good job of explaining the phoniness of the health care bill deficit reduction claims in today's WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

Yes, WTF, a portion of the "stimulus package" (about 1/3) was tax cuts. But I thought you normally railed against tax cuts? Which is it? Are you for or against tax cuts? Or does it just depend on which side of the bed you woke up on that morning?
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #295
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Krauthammer offers a pretty good explanation of the phoniness of the health care bill deficit reduction claims in today's WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

Yes, WTF, a portion of the "stimulus package" (about 1/3) was tax cuts. But I thought you normally railed against tax cuts? Which is it? Are you for or against tax cuts? Or does it just depend on which side of the bed you woke up on that morning?

No but it is not a question of what I am for or against , it is a matter of reporting the truth.

If it was just a game of gotcha, I could ask you ""Are you for tax cuts or not?'' The stimulus package was in fact a tax cut.

Krauthamme and Krugman ought to get together and actually try and tell the truth, between the two of them both sides might just learn something.

btw....SS is not broke, it has 2.5 trillion in iou's. So if one honestly looks at the numbers Defense spending is the whte elephant in the room. What if there was a tax just for Defense and SS was borrowing from it, WTF do you think these Defense Hawks would be crying about. In actuality that is what this is about. Pro defense folks are wanting a Reagan like revamp of SS so we can continue to mask out huge deficit spending habit. It is what we have borrowed from the SS trust fund to pay for. Anybody for telling the truth and taking on that huge entitlement program?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #296
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I know how to make links....but I wish you poor babies could make up your minds. Do you want links or not.
How about you have a thought of your very own.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #297
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
PJ, that's not fair. He's got that "not enough blood for both" problem and he spends all his time whacking off. So, of course there is not going to be an original thought come from that brain.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #298
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Address the points, if you wanna trade barbs, I can do that too

Quote:

I forgot that all your thoughts are orginial and not some regurgitated GOP talking points.

PJ, I am not so vain as to think that I can verbalize my thoughts better than professionals.

But I am an expert in bullshitiolgy which is not suprising considering how much is spread around this forum and needs sniffing out.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #299
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
But I am an expert in bullshitiolgy which is not suprising considering how much is spread around this forum and needs sniffing out.
Yep, your production capabilties are uncanny.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #300
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
PJ, that's not fair. He's got that "not enough blood for both" problem and he spends all his time whacking off. So, of course there is not going to be an original thought come from that brain.
My lil weiner don't need alot of blood, so I have plenty of blood for the big head, I'm just smart enough to know I'm dumb!

Quote:
Yep, your production capabilties are uncanny.
I can't keep up with all the manure you two produce
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women