Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70387
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 01-30-2019, 09:26 PM   #16
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Good point. I've had the vaccine after my mom and sister got the shingles. And both of them had the chicken pox.
Very,very painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
A thought for those who have had chickenpox.
It recurs in mature adults as "shingles"

Can be very painful and cause permanent scarring - in the eye it is a real problem
New vaccine out is safe and over 90% effective in preventing shingles.
Ask your physician about the shingles vaccine.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:13 PM   #17
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:01 AM   #18
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank You, AE and IBH
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #19
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

yeah just more big Pharm everybody needs vaccines for everything ! Yup life is fatal
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:05 AM   #20
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
I don't have to guess again

read again please

I wasn't making the claim

I was saying Hollywood moms did, using the term Hollywood moms to mean the frantic blame someone types

Sorry, I read it as vaccinations cause autism. My bad.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #21
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Dumb ass fucking people won't get their god damn kids their vaccination shots.

Should let the little fuckers die. See how long these dumbass parents continue to exempt their kids from these type shots.
Quoted for posterity. Yeah, let the children die because the parent for whatever reason didn't get the kids their shots, "truth seeker."

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
Help the kids. Beat the parents.

It's borderline neglect if not child endangerment.

The worst part is that they put other people's children at risk who did get vaccinated. Unfortunately just because your kid is vaccinated, if he or she is exposed to enough of that crap, their systems still might not be able to fight it off.
Speaking of borders, I read where a lot of these "illegal" kids (and adults) have various types of diseases we've come close to eradicating here and they are potentially spreading them across the country. That many have proven they are infected and cannot prove they've had a full range of shots. Some haven't had any shots.

Quote:
Vaccinations have resulted in a huge cohort of Americans with no exposure to or idea of the human costs in death and complications of vaccine preventable communicable diseases like typhoid, measles,etc. People mistakenly view these as harmless diseases - but they cause significant deaths and subsequent disabilities.

The disease outbreaks are caused by outside introduction of disease which finds the unvaccinated cohort vulnerable to infection. Vector is the airlines.

The Anti-Vaxxer community is based on fake , disproven research.

Vaccines do cause some side effects - almost always mild, and very rare severe side effects. There is a national Vaccine Compensation fund to care for those very few.

Summary- the morbidity and mortality of vaccines is far, far, less than that of the diseases they prevent.

It is ignorance, false information and media generated fear of vaccines causing these outbreaks of disease.

I grew up in the height of the poliomyelitis epidemic- until the vaccines came along - I remember iron lungs. Polio was almost eradicated from the planet - like smallpox, except for some radical Islamic outposts in Afghanistan and area - the nut cases looked at vaccination as a Capitalist enemy of Islam. Same Stupidity operative with the anti-Vaxxers. Afghanistan and area is a focus of endemic polio cases and ruined lives and deaths of many young people.

Ignorance is curable with Education
Stupidity is only curable by a bullet to the Head.
If you go to the CDC website you can see how many cases of certain diseases occurs in the USA every years. It's shockingly low for many years of these once devastating diseases. Try the mumps:

https://www.cdc.gov/mumps/outbreaks.html

The problem I have is parent shaming some of these parents as "anti-science", "uncaring", "zealots"....Some of these people are busy. They can't find the $100 to take the kids to the dr or they can't get to the library on the days they are giving out these shots.

My other problem is they are equating the same thing to the flu shot. I've written about this before. Studies RUN BY THE FLU SHOT companies have only shown the flu shot to be 50% effective. In European countries their CDC equivalent only estimates their effectiveness at 20-40%. That's right, "estimates." Because they only put last years top 4 flu viruses in the vaccine. Last year they put the most "popular" flu virus in the vaccine but it was at the end of flu season. The flu virus is at best a crap shoot.

Quote:
A thought for those who have had chickenpox.
It recurs in mature adults as "shingles"

Can be very painful and cause permanent scarring - in the eye it is a real problem
New vaccine out is safe and over 90% effective in preventing shingles.
Ask your physician about the shingles vaccine.
When I got my shingles vax about 3 years ago they said if was only 50% effective and there was a small chance I could get shingles from it. When did this new vaccine come out? I wasn't notified.

My grandfather said he'd rather have another heart attack that another outbreak of the shingles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
yeah just more big Pharm everybody needs vaccines for everything ! Yup life is fatal
Correct. And nothing is 100% safe or 100% effective.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #22
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

This year was the first year I got the flu shot. I always come down with bronchitis during the winter due to that damn cedar and then it turns into the flu. This year, I've only had a very mild case of bronchitis and no flu. So far.

A friend of mine who's a Dr. told me - yes, the flu shot doesn't always work completely but it may save you from having the worst of it. So far he was right.

Just my experience on the flu shot.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #23
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Quoted for posterity. Yeah, let the children die because the parent for whatever reason didn't get the kids their shots, "truth seeker."
Only the parents that think the shots are the cause of autism.

It should be mandatory and free if the parents can not afford it.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:06 PM   #24
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
This year was the first year I got the flu shot. I always come down with bronchitis during the winter due to that damn cedar and then it turns into the flu. This year, I've only had a very mild case of bronchitis and no flu. So far.

A friend of mine who's a Dr. told me - yes, the flu shot doesn't always work completely but it may save you from having the worst of it. So far he was right.

Just my experience on the flu shot.
is getting the flu shot in Texas relevant to a Washington state health emergency. is that considered on topic. Is this a case where the thread has morphed or do we just respond only to the Washington case?
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:40 PM   #25
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Unlike you, I was trying to be informative. When did you become the thread police? I must of missed that.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:44 PM   #26
oeb11
Valued Poster

TM wants to be the mod for the forum????
I know not whether to laugh or shudder!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:45 PM   #27
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Unlike you, I was trying to be informative. When did you become the thread police? I must of missed that.
you apparently did miss it. you really should pay attention more closely
Old 01-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #28
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
TM wants to be the mod for the forum????
I know not whether to laugh or shudder!
get on topic oeb.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:56 PM   #29
oeb11
Valued Poster

Comments for Gnadfly
Thank you for a thoughtful contribution.
Vaccinations are available at low cost or no cost at county health facilities across Tx. and other states
We are all busy - but your child is a priority.
Flu vaccines- they are made under prediction of how the flu virus will mutate - and last year the vaccine covered the viral mutation antigens poorly. No - not perfect. however, if a vaccinated person does ge the flu - it is very likely to be a less severe case than if not vaccinated. Efficacy is not perfect.

Flu kills thousands in the US every year - the old, infirm, those with chronic diseases, and very young are most vulnerable.
Risks of the fl vaccine are very low - even for vulnerable patients.
Worth the low cost of the flu vaccine - IMHO.

The newer shingles vaccine requires two doses - and has better protection than the first one dose vaccine that i took. you are relatively protected with the old vaccine - whether to also get he new vaccine - please discuss with your physician.
Illegal migrant kids are reservoirs of infectious diseases not often seen in US - and usually are not vaccinated. first thing on US soil- they get a medical exam and treatment. They can still spread some of the bugs they carry.

And- to quote you respectfully :Correct. And nothing is 100% safe or 100% effective.

Thank for your post!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:57 PM   #30
oeb11
Valued Poster

You may RTM me anytime, and doubtless have many times.
oeb11 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women