Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
19Trees
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61
Default Website Moderators Arrested; Indictments Specified Online Handles...

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/12/pe...-road-arrests/

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pres...ilkRoad2PR.php

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...rket-case?lite

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/20/5...road-2-0-busts

The extent to which LE infiltrated (the Silk Road website) sufficient to learn the RW identities of site administrators and moderators is noteworthy.

It is also interesting that following the indictment of the bigger fish, LE and prosecutors still actively seeking out site mods presumably to enlarge the scope of the "conspiracy." In addition to asset forfeiture authority, things like treble damages give prosecutors "incentive" to make big cases.

Snowden taught us that our government records our emails, phone calls and texts and probably has cryptography tools that enable them to easily identify peeps who "control" their online handles.

This Silk Road case (especially as it relates to Nash) teaches us that site admins and mods are NOT anonymous, rather they are being tracked down, arrested and charged as co conspirators.

One could argue with some persuasion that - - the extent to which LE will go for drugs far greater than it would go after [mostly] consensual sex work. This may be true. Or not.

One thing clear from this, they will find you if/when they really want to?

19Trees
19Trees is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
soldierboy44
Premium Access

Encounters: 144

From what I have read on other sites on line, BITCOINS scare the hell out of the US GOVT......and rightly so.....IMHO
soldierboy44 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

I need a raise
Quote:
Ulbricht, the owner and operator of Silk Road, ran the website with the assistance of a small support staff, including both site administrators and forum moderators. The site administrators were responsible for, among other things, monitoring user activity on Silk Road for problems, responding to customer service inquiries, and resolving disputes between buyers and vendors. The forum moderators were responsible for, among other things, monitoring user activity on discussion forums associated with the site, providing guidance to forum users concerning how to conduct business on Silk Road, and reporting any significant problems discussed on the forums to the site administrators and to Ulbricht. Ulbricht paid the site administrators and forum moderators salaries ranging from approximately $50,000 to approximately $75,000 per year for their services.

Also, for those not up to speed on this;
Quote:
From about January 2011 until October 2, 2013, the “Silk Road” website hosted a sprawling black-market bazaar on the internet, where illegal drugs and other illicit goods and services were regularly bought and sold by the site’s users. During its more than two-and-a-half years in operation, Silk Road was used by several thousand drug dealers and other unlawful vendors to distribute hundreds of kilograms of illegal drugs and other illicit goods and services to well over a hundred thousand buyers, and to launder hundreds of millions of dollars deriving from these unlawful transactions.
As a former mod, they have all your info too Trees.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I need a raise

Also, for those not up to speed on this;

As a former mod, they have all your info too Trees.
He might not remember that Chica...... Some of his habits, illegal still here in Texas, tend to affect memory.....

He seems to like trying to put a scare into people.....especially regarding the law which he seems to have little respect for himself......

the other day he authored a rather intimidating email to a group of ladies trying to have a negative affect on a positive thing for the 2nd time...... Fortunately most of the ladies were smart enough to read it it for the sour grapes it represented and everything played out in a positive manner and his threats were seen to be shallow..... as he is these days......

I guess if we get anything out of the links posted to the stories....... If our Mods were better paid, those with weak character would not have to extort and bully the providers the way he did when he was a Mod.........

Trees...... You are simply a bitter old
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
boredinsatx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

The simple fact is that if the feds really want you...they will find you...no matter how hard you try to hide online.

The more important question is how bad do they want you! Silk Road involved online drugs, guns, and even murder...all things much more important to the feds than what goes on here.
boredinsatx is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Old Dingus
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredinsatx View Post
The simple fact is that if the feds really want you...they will find you...no matter how hard you try to hide online.

The more important question is how bad do they want you! Silk Road involved online drugs, guns, and even murder...all things much more important to the feds than what goes on here.
Mega Dittos! My read concludes it was the DRUGS plus other activities not adult hobby stuff that brought this about. I would be interested in reading the entire indictments to see if "adult activities" are even charged.

Secondly, these guys allegedly received $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 salaries, which probably forced them to criminal activities to make financial ends meet. Our Mods and Staff are paid MUCH more than that, plus the value of the freebies puts them above $250,000.00. Hence, they do not need to involve themselves in criminal activity.

Old Dingus
Old Dingus is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #7
hobby_hound
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 10

Much more than 75k? Where do I apply? ��
hobby_hound is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Guest103014
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobby_hound View Post
Much more than 75k? Where do I apply? ��
My thought exactly..... dang!
Guest103014 is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dingus View Post
Our Mods and Staff are paid MUCH more than that, plus the value of the freebies puts them above $250,000.00. Hence, they do not need to involve themselves in criminal activity.

Old Dingus
Yes the freebies do help!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Yes the freebies do help!

Do you guys have to list their values on your tax returns as having received income? Do you get to deduct the value of work you do boosting their reps with the edited reviews as an offsetting expense?

I wonder how the IRS looks at sexual favors when professionals in the sex tradfe are involved?

Can she deduct the freebie as an expense?

so confusing
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

I have a guy that handles all that! LOL!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
Stag
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

The sprint-speed Chica Chaser confesses:
Quote:
I have a guy that handles all that! LOL!
I'd much rather have a gal that handles that, but to each his own, I suppose.
Stag is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #13
mm-good
Expanding boundaries...

Encounters: 70

It is best to assume...
Nothing is truly anonymous. Nothing is uncrackable.
mm-good is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #14
Evil magician
Registered Member

Silk road was busted cause someone tried to setup a hit through there website it was in the paper and online.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...irate-roberts/
Evil magician is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women