Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
51MEANTXGUNS50
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74
Default What Are The Moral & Legal Aspects Of Owning Cudgels Disguised As Walking Aids ?

I recently decided to splurge on a set of well made skull thumpers which are basically designed to resemble walking aids because of how elegant and well made they are. They are anywhere from 33 to 39 inches in length and are made of either weapons grade plastic or fiberglass and have weighty knobs as well as textured shafts which make for a firm purchase when swung. About five and a half years ago I broke my leg and while it healed without complication the drawback is that with rain and cold weather comes pain which can hobble me if severe enough. Needless to say they are amongst the most unobtrusive weapons I've ever owned. I've taken them into bars, courthouses, even flown with them, and notice that no one has ever given them a second look. Last week while pulled over a cop gave me a veiled warning about the one I had on me, even going as far as to say that if he wanted to he could arrest me for it but chose not to because he felt bad about me having a gimpy leg. Checked Texas statutes, nothing about deceptive designs or walking aids, just a brief and extremely broad definition of "clubs". These things look too nice to ever be considered weapons though, elaborate designs, rubber tips on the bottom for traction, even 360 degree recesses where the shaft meets the knob to accompany wrist lanyards. Is there really any legal or moral issue with owning such walking aids or did I just get a cop that simply didn't know what he was talking about ?
51MEANTXGUNS50 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
trekker
Premium Access

Encounters: 135

If a stick has some attachment that very obviously enhances it's "club-like" characteristics, some jurisdictions might regulate it, but if you stick to those with a simple knob for a grip, you should be able to shame the hell out of a cop who wants to bring you to court. When I spent some time gimping on a cane due to an injury, I preferred a crook handle, for the ease of hanging it when I wanted to. I gave up some swinging power, but it was still a good jabbing weapon and the crook handle could be used for certain takedowns.
trekker is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

As long as there isn't a concealed sword in them there isn't much they can do to you. If it is branded as "Beat a mother fucker over the head stick" or labels Magpul you should be good.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
thisguy23
Valued Poster

Just another dickhead cop, there are lots of them.
thisguy23 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Have a real doctor write out a 'prescription' for your walking aid

You will need to explain you do not want to be busted by some 'wannabe SS' police officer

Perhaps reduce and laminate the 'prescription' to be the size of a drivers license

Have a happy and worry free 'gimping'
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
51MEANTXGUNS50
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker View Post
If a stick has some attachment that very obviously enhances it's "club-like" characteristics, some jurisdictions might regulate it, but if you stick to those with a simple knob for a grip, you should be able to shame the hell out of a cop who wants to bring you to court. When I spent some time gimping on a cane due to an injury, I preferred a crook handle, for the ease of hanging it when I wanted to. I gave up some swinging power, but it was still a good jabbing weapon and the crook handle could be used for certain takedowns.
I didn't want to name drop but if it clarifies things, I own all seven of Cold Steel's walking sticks. The two I use the most however are the Irish Blackthorn Walking Stick and the African Walking Stick, which are more or less what you would call a shillelagh and a knobkerrie but made out of a very durable and hefty plastic (the real ones are made out of wood). The day I was pulled over the one I had on me was the shillelagh. The officer took issue with the size of the stick as it is a bit long and said that the knob and the texture of the shaft made it "an illegal weapon". I politely replied by explaining that it was a synthetic injection old of a real shillelagh meant to mimmick the texture and look of real Irish Blackthorn. I tried explaining how in Ireland they are run of the mill canes that can be found everywhere there to which he replied that he didn't care what they do in Ireland, we were in Texas and if he says it's a weapon then I go to jail and they can confiscate it, but quickly turned it around and said he wouldn't because he felt bad I had a limp. it was kind of an awkward moment, I mean he seemed to literally forget all together I was limping and for a moment seemed hellbent on labelling my cane a weapon. It was real weird but the important thing is you guys told me how to avoid this from happening again.
51MEANTXGUNS50 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
thisguy23
Valued Poster

I would just say to him that your grandson gave it to you for x-mass and you have no idea what he is talking about.
thisguy23 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 AM   #8
frenchlouie
Lifetime Premium Access

Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Club" means an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument, and includes but is not limited to the following:
(A) blackjack;
(B) nightstick;
(C) mace;
(D) tomahawk.

Those cold steel walking sticks are walking sticks until they are used as weapons. This applies to any walking stick, cane, or piece of sporting gear they are not weapons until they are used as weapons. Now if it is designed as a weapon then it is a weapon regardless of the manner of its use.
frenchlouie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women