Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47509
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 02-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #31
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSpike View Post
Hey NEMESIS. It’s not that I hate OBAMA It’s just that I had hoped he’d succeed so that we all could succeed as a nation. Unfortunately, the great OBAMA experiment just didn’t work. I’m still struggling to know what the current administration has done right (minus the House of Reps) these past 3+ years. Your are right about one thing...I don’t want us to be miserable for another four years. Hopefully, American’s will stop lining up to “drink the punch” and demand a little more from their public servants than just $5 words.
“so endth the lesson"
And what lesson was that? How to lose an argument?
I think to deal with you best would be to use the socratic method to get my point across.

So, what exactly did your party do during the Bush years to advance this country and what policies have had a positive effect on our lives? You had 8years to practice your conservative ideology, so this should be an easy answer.

Moving forward, what candidate of yours is going to "correct the ship" and what do they espouse and what are their ideas ? And I want the $10 words too, LOL!!
1NEMESIS is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #32
RoboSpike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

You’re assuming I’m Republican. What about all the Demos who have opposed OBAMA at one point/time or another? Are they now Reps? Some Demos...like Reps...don’t blindly follow the party line but actually want to fulfill their responsibility to their constitutes. “READ MY LIPS”...it doesn’t matter what PAST ADMINISTRATIONS have done! Are we listening(?)...the man wanted the job so quit making excuses on why he can’t do it. You can waste your time talking about all the past outgoing administrations who have screwed things up for the incoming ones all the way back to Washington. You can even invent some argument that his first term screwed up his next one but why? LIVE IN THE NOW. You have to stop sucking on the OBAMA teet my friend because all that’s coming out is sour milk. Just realized that your avatar would make an appropriate symbol when OBAMA begins his campaigning. “Something wicked this way comes”.
Have a wonderful day.
RoboSpike is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #33
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
You’re assuming I’m Republican. What about all the Demos who have opposed OBAMA at one point/time or another? Are they now Reps? Some Demos...like Reps...don’t blindly follow the party line but actually want to fulfill their responsibility to their constitutes. “READ MY LIPS”...it doesn’t matter what PAST ADMINISTRATIONS have done! Are we listening(?)...the man wanted the job so quit making excuses on why he can’t do it. You can waste your time talking about all the past outgoing administrations who have screwed things up for the incoming ones all the way back to Washington. You can even invent some argument that his first term screwed up his next one but why? LIVE IN THE NOW. You have to stop sucking on the OBAMA teet my friend because all that’s coming out is sour milk. Just realized that your avatar would make an appropriate symbol when OBAMA begins his campaigning. “Something wicked this way comes”.
Have a wonderful day.
"LIVE IN THE NOW"
Animals "LIVE IN THE NOW" Robo and people live in reality, but since you can't accept inconvenient truths or anything that you disagree with as the truth, why don't you create your own reality?

That's why I think you should support and vote for NEWT GINGRINCH!!!
PRESIDENT OF THE 51ST COLONY, PLANET MOON!!!!

Old 02-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
RoboSpike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

That’s funny. Thanks...I needed that. Need to start looking for my NOBAMA sticker.
Laters
RoboSpike is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
That’s funny. Thanks...I needed that. Need to start looking for my NOBAMA sticker.
Laters
Alright, take it easy and have a good day…...
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #36
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhir View Post
Here's another factor to explain why the unemployment numbers are cooked.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/record...-rate-tumbles-

And here's your GAO numbers.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/latest...-2022-released

Oh and before I forget remember the numbers currently being thrown out by the regime are their versions of a nationwide average. And even if we do accept them they do not tell the whole story. Look at this article by the AP on specific areas of unemployment. They are in heavily populated areas and I would also postulate quite liberal ones.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-01-16-19-52
Ok, so this was an easy one, I hinted that the answer was in my comment, so which institution is the largest financial trade market in the world where trillions of dollars, and incredibly complex financial products are in play and where global markets key their trading and transactions off of everyday?

Answer: The Stock Market/Wall Street

There is a reason I chose to add the stock market rally to my post about the positive jobs report:

"nevertheless, this is a big rally, resulting a 16 percent rise of the S&P since Thanksgiving, and it has been driven largely by better-than-expected economic data, the biggest of which was this morning's jobs report for January"

Wall Street is not going to react positively to "cooked books" on the jobs report rakhir.
The BLS has been reporting job numbers the same way for every administration and if Wall Street didn't think that the jobs report was at least reasonably accurate, they wouldn't recognize the BLS at all.

The Stock Market has billions upon billions in trade over the jobs report from the BLS and to claim that its "books are cooked", suggest that somebody's brains are cooked.

This outrage over cooked books has been manufactured by republicans for some time now. The BLS estimates unemployment based on a monthly survey and estimates total working-age population; and updates those estimates only once a year. So there’s usually a step up or down in the totals each January, signifying nothing.

Back in the Bush years there were bogus claims of huge job growth reflecting a step up in the population numbers. Now we have Rush Limbaugh, Fox, etc., claiming that a step down somehow implies fake calculations. Still not true. And the thing that makes this so tiring is that they keep trotting out the same old bogosity, no matter how many times it has been refuted.

It's all relative and if your going to use this data and claim conspiracy, then every administration is guilty of it.

Of course, no links to info because republicans on Eccie hate that but if you want them just ask……...
Old 02-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #37
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NEMESIS View Post

Stock Markets Rally, Bringing Dow, Nasdaq To Highest Levels In Years

'The Dow Jones industrial average closed Friday at 12,862.23, jumping 156.82 points to its highest close since May 2008, back when Lehman Brothers was still a going concern.

The Nasdaq composite index jumped 1.65 percent to 2905.66, its highest close since December 2000 -- that's almost within shouting distance of the peak of the tech-stock bubble.

The broader S&P 500 index, which probably makes up the biggest chunk of the average person's 401(k), jumped 1.5 percent to 1,344.90, but has no sexy historical comparison to brag about. It's still a little lower than it was last July.

Nevertheless, this is a big rally, resulting a 16 percent rise of the S&P since Thanksgiving, and it has been driven largely by better-than-expected economic data, the biggest of which was this morning's jobs report for January.
[/I][/B]
"The U.S. economy added 243,000 jobs in January and the unemployment rate has fallen to 8.3 percent, according to the latest jobs report from the Labor Department. The numbers mark the fifth straight month that unemployment has dropped.

Analyst expectations ranged from high 100,000s to low 200,000s, so the numbers exceed expectations.

White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Alan Krueger said the January jobs report provides further evidence that "the economy is continuing to heal from the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression."

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's, told MSNBC's Chuck Todd that the report is "unambiguously positive." Hourly earnings are increasing and it shows the economy is "definitively gaining traction," he said."

Right-Wing Media Rely On Discredited Evidence To Dismiss Positive Jobs Report
February 03, 2012 10:52 pm ET
— 36 Comments
Right-wing media are rushing to put a negative spin on newly released jobs numbers showing a drop in the unemployment rate and a net increase in jobs by parroting the discredited claim that government data show that "1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force" last month. In fact, as economic experts have explained, that number reflected an increase in population from 2010 Census figures and is not the result of how many people "dropped out" of the labor force last month.

EMBED
After The Labor Department Reported January Employment Growth

Labor Department: Employment Rose By 243,000 Jobs In January And Unemployment Dropped To 8.3 Percent. From the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 243,000 in January, and the unemployment rate decreased to 8.3 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Job growth was widespread in the private sector, with large employment gains in professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, and manufacturing. Government employment changed little over the month.

[...]

The unemployment rate declined by 0.2 percentage point in January to 8.3 percent; the rate has fallen by 0.8 point since August. [Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2/3/12]
NY Times: Two Million Jobs Added In Past Year. The New York Times' Economix blog reported that "[o]ver the last 12 months, the economy added nearly two million jobs, more than in any similar period since early 2007." [The New York Times, Economix, 2/3/12]

Financial Blog Zero Hedge Dismissed Employment Growth With Dubious Claim That "1.2 Million People Dropped Out Of The Labor Force"

Zero Hedge: "1.2 Million People Dropped Out Of The Labor Force In One Month!" A post on economics and finance blog Zero Hedge claimed that the Bureau of Labor Statistics report estimated that "1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force" in January. [Zero Hedge, 2/3/12]

But Experts Argue That The 1.2 Million Number Is Based On A Misreading Of The Jobs Report

Economic Journalist Barry Ritholtz: "The Fact Is 1 Million People Did Not Drop Out Of The Labor Force In January 2012." Economic journalist and Washington Post columnist Barry Ritholtz explained that those who are claiming that 1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force in January are misreading the Labor Department's jobs report:

So today following an otherwise pretty darn good jobs report, we get the usual perma-pessimists at Zero Hedge and Rick Santelli over at CNBC proclaiming that the report showed a drop of over 1 million people from the labor force in one month. Of course, as ususal, both Santelli and Zero Hedge have a real reading comprehension problem and completely missed that this million+ people isn't some new January phenomenon, but a result of the BLS using the 2010 census data to have more accurate data. In other words, the changes in the Household Survey to the various measures had taken place over the years prior to 2010, but for simplicity's sake, the BLS incorporates these changes into one month (which they clearly point out).

[...]

[T]he fact is 1 million people did not drop out of the labor force in January 2012. [The Big Picture, 2/3/12]
WSJ: Population Growth Didn't Affect Unemployment Rate. In a post analyzing the jobs report numbers, The Wall Street Journal's Real Time Economics blog explained:

Today's jobs report carries good news on both fronts. The unemployment rate fell, and the employment-population ratio rose. That means the improvement in the labor market is real -- people actually found jobs.

The employment gain wasn't immediately obvious to some observers because of a quirk in this month's report. Every January, the Labor Department readjusts its data to account for changes in the population. The tweaks are especially significant in years like this one that take into account a new decennial census.

This year, the population adjustment makes it look like the employment-population ratio didn't change from December to January. In reality, the ratio improved by 0.3 percentage points. The gains were just masked by the population adjustments.

Here's what happened: According to the Census Bureau, the civilian population grew by 1.5 million people in 2011. But the growth wasn't distributed evenly. Most of the growth came among people 55 and older and, to a lesser degree, by people 16-24 years old. Both groups are less likely to work than people in their mid-20s to early 50s. So the share of the population that's working is actually lower than previously believed. Taking that into account, the employment-population ratio went up. The unemployment rate wasn't affected.

"There was not a big increase in discouraged workers," economist Betsey Stevenson commented on Twitter. "What happened was Census found a bunch of old people we had assumed died." [The Wall Street Journal, 2/3/12]
Time: "The Labor Force Numbers Stayed Essentially The Same." Time reporter Massimo Calabresi wrote:

Some Obama opponents are struggling to find a cloud in the silver lining of January's jobs numbers, which estimated that there was a 243,000-job boost and a big drop in the unemployment rate, from 8.5% to 8.3%, last month. Their biggest gripe focuses on the size of the labor force: As the unemployment rate has trended down over the last few months, anti-Obama commentators have argued that the official percentage for those without jobs is deceptive because the Bureau of Labor Statistics doesn't count those who have stopped looking for work. In Friday's report, they found a sharp increase in that group: More than 1.2 million people joined the non-job seeking pool of working-age Americans last month.

[...]

The demographic adjustments had no effect on the unemployment rate, says Mary Bowler, the resident expert in these matters at the BLS. And when it comes to labor force estimates, the steep jump in the number of those not seeking work came entirely from the census adjustment, which added 1.25 million people to that group. If you take out the census adjustment, the labor force numbers stayed essentially the same, as reflected by the labor force participation rate of 63.7%. In other words, the spike in the number of people no longer looking for work is entirely the result of some people at the Labor Department adding numbers to their spread sheets rather than an actual observed shift anywhere in the real economy. [Time, 2/3/12]
Right-Wing Media Jumped On The Discredited Figure To Dismiss Jobs Report As "Corrupt"

Rush Limbaugh Cited The 1.2 Million Number To Argue That The Jobs Report Is "Corrupt." On his radio show, Rush Limbaugh cited Zero Hedge and claimed that "1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force in one month" to argue that the jobs numbers report is as "corrupt as it can be." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 2/3/12]

Sean Hannity Repeated The 1.2 Million Falsehood To Claim Lower Unemployment Rate Is "Phony." On his radio show, Sean Hannity stated: "It appears that the people not in the labor force exploded by an unprecedented record 1.2 million and that's not a typo. In other words, 1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force in one month." He then explained that what this shows is that the unemployment rate is a "phony number." Hannity added: "This jobs report has limited good news but phony numbers all around it." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Sean Hannity Show, 2/3/12]

Fox Nation Highlighted Limbaugh's Charge That Unemployment Rate Number Is "Corrupt." Fox Nation amplified Limbaugh's criticism of the jobs report using the headline: "Rush Slams 'Corrupt' Obama Jobs Stats":

[Fox Nation, 2/3/12]

Drudge: "Record 1.2M Fall Out Of Labor Force." The Drudge Report highlighted the misleading claim that 1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force:

[Drudge Report, 2/3/12]
Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #38
fade_to_black
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Seriously, you guys are completely wasting your time arguing with this guy. He is not worth the time or effort. You have to see that the Kool-Aid has completely poisoned his mind. I know you all have better things to do with your time than respond to his posts.
fade_to_black is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women