Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160492
Yssup Rider59908
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40311
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35335
Mojojo33117

Old 12-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #31
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 12

My political leanings do not change the facts that over the last two years violent crime is up substantially most everywhere in the country. Even in Lubbock there is a stabbing or shooting reported almost every day and that was unheard of a couple of years ago. You "might" have one a week or every several days. You want to say that violent crime is not on the rise but that is easily debunked and already has been. THAT'S the spin sir.
CryptKicker is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 01:01 PM   #32
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

You brought up politics before I did.
And you are correct, politics doesn't change facts.
And *again*, I agree with you that crime is up all over the USA. Be it in red or blue areas.

The only thing that probably sounds counter to the above is that for long term (60 years) the graph shows more or less stable. You can't let one or two data points dictate the whole history. Any two points can give you a line (straight). Only a minimum of three points can't give you a directed line. And of late, that line is a vector on the increase.

Now, show me where I said crime is not going up. I only stated for entire data points to 1960 it is relatively stable with, at max, under 4% of late skewing upward.

So, can you please explain how it is spin when I agree with you? That is, unless, you are saying you are spinning something, which you haven't admitted yet.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #33
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

You brought up politics in post 8 sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
I guess the Right needs to make a mountain out of this. And they say the Left has a lock on the media. Sheesh.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #34
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
The only thing that probably sounds counter to the above is that for long term (60 years) the graph shows more or less stable. You can't let one or two data points dictate the whole history. Any two points can give you a line (straight). Only a minimum of three points can't give you a directed line. And of late, that line is a vector on the increase.

Now, show me where I said crime is not going up. I only stated for entire data points to 1960 it is relatively stable with, at max, under 4% of late skewing upward.
Anything that is tracked for a long enough period of time usually becomes rather flat in the long run. That is why you have to narrow the focus and look at what is happening now as opposed to probably the last 5 years. It may be just a coincidence that the majority of the cities that have hit record murder rates this year are all run by a democratic mayor.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:32 PM   #35
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKicker View Post
Anything that is tracked for a long enough period of time usually becomes rather flat in the long run. That is why you have to narrow the focus and look at what is happening now as opposed to probably the last 5 years. It may be just a coincidence that the majority of the cities that have hit record murder rates this year are all run by a democratic mayor.
And/or liberal DA's.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:08 PM   #36
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

I finally took the big step and moved back to Houston. When they say "keep Austin weird" what they mean is "keep Austin abnormal."
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:20 AM   #37
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You brought up politics in post 8 sir.
Ah! You got me! I implied that because the source of the link.

Quote:
You are correct: it may be a coincidence. That is why you rule out the flyers in the data set until you collect enough to see a change. Alot of people do the opposite. They focus on just the narrow edge of a number that supports their position not taking into account that something so precarious can be knocked out easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
And/or liberal DA's.
Yupper. Depends who the power is in those top cities. I saw somewhere (maybe one of y'all posted it) that around 2/3 of the 15 cities have democrat mayors. But if like San Antonio, true power is with City Manager.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:24 AM   #38
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

15 of the 16 "major" cities in the US that have set a new record for homicides are run by Democrats in the mayor's office and the city council. You can't spin your way out of that fact.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:03 AM   #39
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

The new slant on the slogan might be: "Keep Austin like Chicago"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
I finally took the big step and moved back to Houston. When they say "keep Austin weird" what they mean is "keep Austin abnormal."
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:48 AM   #40
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
The new slant on the slogan might be: "Keep Austin like Chicago"
www.heyjackass.com

The 30 day stupidity trend "almost" shows promise.
Old 01-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #41
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Austin made yet another top 12 list

White House Boasts of Joe Biden’s First-Year Gun Controls as 12 Cities Broke Homicide Records

White House press secretary Jen Psaki praised President Joe Biden’s first-year gun control efforts even though 12 cities, all Democrat-run, broke annual homicide records during Biden’s first year as well.

Psaki tweeted: “In 2021, President Biden took more executive action to stop gun violence than any President has ever taken in their first year.”

She also mentioned Biden’s latest gun control, an executive action by the DOJ that requires Federal Firearms License holders (FFLs) to “certify that they have available secure gun storage or safety devices.”

Psaki did not mention that 12 Democrat-run cities broke their annual homicide records in 2021.

ABC News listed the 12 cities as:

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Austin, Texas
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Columbus, Ohio
Indianapolis, Indiana
Louisville, Kentucky
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Portland, Oregon
Rochester, New York
St. Paul, Minnesota
Toledo, Ohio
Tucson, Arizona

Democrat-run Chicago is not on the list, although it did see more homicides than it has witnessed in 25 years. The Hill reports Chicago Police numbers showing 797 homicides in Chicago in 2021. The Chicago Sun-Times reported 836 homicides in Chicago for 2021, based on Cook County medical examiner’s numbers.

Psaki praised Biden’s first-year gun controls.

Let's Go Brandon!
Old 05-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #42
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Caution: Bumpy road ahead? Or opportunity knocking soon??

I don't see it hitting us just yet, but the mid-terms are coming and the Demonicrats have a heap'n-help'n of horse-pooh on the platter to offer so far.

I was just talking with one of my suppliers, their builders are still building, but are seeing a little, I mean very little, tapering on the consumer side. Maybe apprehension is a better word choice.

What they did point out was that recently the big box stores seem to have excess inventory clogging their isles - meaning the supply is increasing, but demand may be creeping. Dunno

Anyway, we do not seem to be there, but mortgage rates are trending up, though the pricing is still competitive, i.e. going over asking -- so far. As the article points out, this could be a residual effect of the "foreclosure moratorium".

BTW: The included screen shot must be a few days older. The DOW is not up at this point in time.
Quote:
BREAKING: Foreclosures Up 181% in One Year – Home Sales Down 12.6% vs. Last Year

Another Joe Biden record!
Foreclosures are up 181% in one year. Home sales are down 12.6% year over year.

Inflation Tracker
@TrackInflation

Home Sales in March were 763,000 vs. 835,000 in February and down 12.6% vs. the last March number of 873,000. Last month 33,333 properties across the U.S. faced foreclosure, a 181% jump from March 2021. The first quarter saw 78,271 properties with a foreclosure filing.
8:02 PM · Apr 29, 2022
FOX46 reported:
Some eight months after a nationwide moratorium on foreclosures expired, foreclosure filings soared to the highest level since the pandemic began.

Last month, 33,333 properties across the U.S. faced foreclosure, a 181 percent jump from March 2021 and 29 percent pop from February, according to a report by foreclosure tracker Attom. The first quarter saw 78,271 properties with a foreclosure filing, a 39 percent from the previous quarter and 132 percent from last year.

Those figures represent the highest number of foreclosures since March 2020 when nearly 47,000 U.S. homes held foreclosure filings, said Rick Sharga, executive vice president of market intelligence for ATTOM.

March marked the 11th consecutive month in which foreclosure activity posted a year-over-year increase.

Not only did foreclosure activity hit a peak, the time it took properties to foreclose ticked down 3 percent from the previous quarter. Properties foreclosed on in the first quarter were in the process for an average of 917 days, down from 941 in the previous period and 930 in the first quarter of 2021
Old 05-02-2022, 07:30 PM   #43
BigBamboo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 108

Great seafood, fresh sourdough and a plethora of reliable BBFS Asian studios? We wish... Austin has a long way to go and the Pacific is so far away... a strong earthquake away at least.
BigBamboo is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:57 AM   #44
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Pfffftz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamboo View Post
Great seafood, fresh sourdough and a plethora of reliable BBFS Asian studios? We wish... Austin has a long way to go and the Pacific is so far away... a strong earthquake away at least.
Danged glass half empty types... Imagine how much closer the ocean will be after the big one. Will be able to get fresh-today Pacific seafood via Greyhound bus
Old 05-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #45
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

If you say so.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women