Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160433
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47493
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35286
Mojojo33117

Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #76
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bully View Post
It was "don't ask, don't tell" when I was in but we had a few guys that we knew were gay and was later confirmed after they checked out. After leaving the service and coming out as gay one guy i knew kept in touch, attended the marine corps ball and various other functions with his marine buddies and everybody was like "dude we knew you were gay" joking around. We had a good laugh with him about it and then it was cool, back to being marines. There never was a problem in my units. They were our brothers just like everybody else. I think the special bond you form in combat and by relying on each other during the lowest of lows supersedes sexual preference. With that being said, they weren't openly gay so guys only had their suspicions and would forget about it. Showering with an openly gay man? A lot of guys would probably have a problem with that. A couple of gay guys in a platoon talking about the sex they have with each other or random guys? Would probably freak out some guys. Homophobic, violent soldiers/marines verbally and physically abusing the openly gay guys? Likely. There are a lot of young, naive and wild guys away from home for the first time in the military. They still have the "pick on the person who's different than me" high school mentality. Can openly gay men in a unit affect cohesion? I believe so. I think it can divide the unit between those who refuse to accept them and those who aren't bothered by it. I witnessed all walks of life...the rich and poor, blacks and whites, hillbillies and city slickers come together as one. The military has work to do in handling the situations with women in combat roles and openly gay people. Only time will tell...
Agreed. "Don't ask don't tell" worked. Overt homosexuality will be disruptive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
Actually, we knew as early as the late 80's that Bin Laden was dangerous. Furthermore, we knew that it was impossible to peacefully co-exist with Muslims are far back as the late 1700's. We should blame our current circumstances on our gutless Founding Fathers for not acting to wipe out Muslims way back then. Then we wouldn't be dealing with all this terrorism today.
Disagree. The Founding Fathers were more concerned, and justly so, about Britain, France and Spain. The Barbary pirates were an inconvenience they had to deal with, but the real threat to the nascent nation came from Europe. The U.S. is not at war with Islam; it is at war (whether Odumbo wants to admit it or not) with the Mohammedans who seek to kill and maim Americans.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #77
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

What could go wrong?

Unintended pregnancies on the rise in servicewomen

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90N1B820130124
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #78
bully
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Agreed. "Don't ask don't tell" worked. Overt homosexuality will be disruptive.
Yeah I thought "don't ask don't tell" was brilliant. It basically means keep your sex life private and do your damn job. But on the other hand, gay people had a problem with it because if they announced they were homosexual they got kicked out but if someone announced they were heterosexual they were fine. The military is trying to stay attractive to new recruits by somewhat mimicking society's changing view on homosexuality. It doesn't want its numbers to drop because it refuses to evolve. Similar to an article I read about the Catholic Church and its "outdated" views causing a decline in numbers every year.
bully is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #79
bully
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
What could go wrong?

Unintended pregnancies on the rise in servicewomen

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90N1B820130124
Having a woman in a predominantly male infantry platoon during a year long deployment in a combat zone is like throwing a chicken leg into a pack of starving hyenas!
bully is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #80
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bully View Post
Yeah I thought "don't ask don't tell" was brilliant. It basically means keep your sex life private and do your damn job. But on the other hand, gay people had a problem with it because if they announced they were homosexual they got kicked out but if someone announced they were heterosexual they were fine. The military is trying to stay attractive to new recruits by somewhat mimicking society's changing view on homosexuality. It doesn't want its numbers to drop because it refuses to evolve. Similar to an article I read about the Catholic Church and its "outdated" views causing a decline in numbers every year.
Heterosexuals also "came-out" as a way to escape deployment to a combat zone. Now, that option as a way out is no longer available to anybody.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #81
bully
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Heterosexuals also "came-out" as a way to escape deployment to a combat zone. Now, that option as a way out is no longer available to anybody.
I didn't know that. Interesting...
bully is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #82
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by satexasguy View Post
As long as the physical requirements are the same then I see no problem with it. That means women must meet the same PT requirements, the same lifting requirements, endurance tests, etc. Just like with men, if someone can't cut the requirements they are reassigned to some other duty. And women must also be required to register for the draft just like men.
I have been a huge supporter of women's rights since the 70's, when women started trying to bust through the "glass ceiling" and reach equal status with men in the workplace. I also expected, even back then, that women should be equal with men in areas such as military service. As satexasguy stated so well, if a woman is physically able to perform combat area duties, then she should do it. Equal is equal.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #83
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

OK IB you can stop wearing women's garments now It won't work anymore.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #84
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
Really? Because it wasn't Democrats that got us into the two wars we're in right now. In fact, it seems to be that Democrats are actually trying to get us out of them...
I have to consider the hypothesis that you are too young to remember the Clinton Administration and Madeleine Albright's utterly preposterous 1993 quote: "What's the point of having this superb military that you're always talking about if we can't use it?".
Sidewinder is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women