Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-14-2017, 06:42 AM   #16
honeydavis
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1940
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post

In sum, the Texas prostitution statute makes any of four acts a crime: offer, acceptance, soliciting, and what I'll call the act of pay-for-play without an offer or acceptance. The hypothetical doesn't fall within any of these categories.

Shyster, can you expand on that last one and how it works?
honeydavis is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:20 PM   #17
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydavis View Post
Shyster, can you expand on that last one and how it works?
https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=212302

The Texas prostitution statues were amended effective September 1, 2017, and I'll post about when I have time.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #18
Fancylady
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 125175
Default Indiana says Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
The OP's use of the term "honey trap" isn't a usage of the term I've come across before, and I suspect it's a misuse of the term. However, I'll assume this is what the OP is asking:

If the police ONLY posts a provider profile (or an ad) offering sexual services for money, and the hobbyist shows up at the location and ONLY pays money, does that constitute prostitution under Texas law?

My answer is "no" because it is a fundamental legal concept that an ad is not an offer. (To me, a profile is the same thing as an ad.) If an ad is not an offer, paying the money can't be acceptance of an offer.

In sum, the Texas prostitution statute makes any of four acts a crime: offer, acceptance, soliciting, and what I'll call the act of pay-for-play without an offer or acceptance. The hypothetical doesn't fall within any of these categories.

However, I agree with Unique_Carpenter that sometimes a judge decides what's legal or illegal after the fact, and the outcome could depend on the judge, or even the mood of the particular judge that day.

Note: My opinion is based on the fact situation presented.
All professionals can get arrested for soliciting on boards and ads.Prostitution is illegal.
Fancylady is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #19
MASTODON
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

The key is to not be an idiot that pays for sex. There is also a reason you don't discuss anything sexual ever, especially while discussing money. If someone does I'm out because I don't pay for sex. I pay for time and time alone and then what happens happens. Its really no different than buying a woman drinks and then going back to her place. The drinks and the effort aren't in exchange for the sex. They just get you to a point where you hope it happens and it is likely. But at no point will I trade currency for any sexual act and you shouldn't either.
MASTODON is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:06 AM   #20
honeydavis
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1940
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTODON View Post
The key is to not be an idiot that pays for sex. There is also a reason you don't discuss anything sexual ever, especially while discussing money. If someone does I'm out because I don't pay for sex. I pay for time and time alone and then what happens happens. Its really no different than buying a woman drinks and then going back to her place. The drinks and the effort aren't in exchange for the sex. They just get you to a point where you hope it happens and it is likely. But at no point will I trade currency for any sexual act and you shouldn't either.
The bolded section of Shyster's post describes being guilty of a criminal act even if you are not openly discussing p4p. And as I have read the new law, could potentially mean being legally arrested for being offered whether you accept or not. I'm hoping that I am wrong in my interpretation of that particular section, as it is vague and now makes navigating the hobby difficult. Waiting on Shyster's response *nudges Shyster*
honeydavis is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:07 AM   #21
MASTODON
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydavis View Post
The bolded section of Shyster's post describes being guilty of a criminal act even if you are not openly discussing p4p. And as I have read the new law, could potentially mean being legally arrested for being offered whether you accept or not. I'm hoping that I am wrong in my interpretation of that particular section, as it is vague and now makes navigating the hobby difficult. Waiting on Shyster's response *nudges Shyster*
I can't know for sure what he's saying but in his examples on the other thread it seems the act of making an offer or the act of accepting or agreeing are most likely verbal or written. It sounds like he's saying even if you both go mute but exchange a fee for services you're still on the hook. For instance getting down and then giving cash without actually discussing the transaction. Now how they could prove that's what you are paying for if not expressly said seems impossible.
MASTODON is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:50 AM   #22
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I can't know for sure what he's saying but in his examples on the other thread it seems the act of making an offer or the act of accepting or agreeing are most likely verbal or written.
True.

Quote:
It sounds like he's saying even if you both go mute but exchange a fee for services you're still on the hook. For instance getting down and then giving cash without actually discussing the transaction. Now how they could prove that's what you are paying for if not expressly said seems impossible.
If what you're saying is true, it would be impossible for the state to prove a criminal case based on circumstantial evidence. However, the state obtains convictions based on circumstantial evidence all the time. Considering your example, if the state presented evidence that the H paid money to the P, then the H and P had sex, the jury could reasonably infer that the P had sex with the H in exchange for the payment of the fee.

As for your comment that I'm saying an H under such circumstances would be "on the hook," that's NOT what I'm saying. I'm saying that, under such circumstances, it's a possibility an H could be charged with the offense of prostitution. But, in my experience, cases of prostitution being inferred from the nonverbal conduct of the parties alone are rare.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women