Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default Retired 'Navy SEAL' praising Trump on Fox News was a fake

Now THIS comes as a tremendous shock.

Deplorable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...ws-was-a-fake/

Retired 'Navy SEAL' praising Trump on Fox News was a fake

Fox News ran a story on Oct. 8 about a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL and glass artist who created an enormous presidential glass seal he hoped to give to President Trump. On Thursday, 11 days later, the network retracted the story after being told the Trump supporter never served in the SEALs or in Vietnam, much less earned commendations for his service.

In the segment, John Garofalo, 72, a resident of New York state, said he served in the Vietnam War with a U.S. Navy SEAL team. Fox News reported that he also received two Purple Hearts and about two dozen other medals for his service.

The man’s claimed record turned out to be a fabrication. It was first discovered by former Navy SEALs. Both these SEALs and family members of Garofalo contacted Fox News about the story, according to the Navy Times.

Don Shipley, a retired SEAL, told the Navy Times that he contacted Fox on Oct. 9, the day after the story ran.

But the story was still on the news outlet’s Facebook page on Oct. 19. By then it had amassed 1.5 million views.

Fox published a correction on Thursday.

“All of Garofalo’s claims turned out to be untrue,” Fox’s correction stated. “The fact is that he did not serve in Vietnam. He was never a U.S. Navy SEAL. Even though he showed us medals, Garofalo was not awarded two Purple Hearts or any of the other nearly two dozen commendations he claimed to have received, except for the National Defense Service Medal.”

A Fox spokesman told the Navy Times it would run an on-air correction on Sunday.

“Fox News not withdrawing that story has drove me nutty,” Don Shipley, a retired SEAL who tracks down and exposes bogus military service claims and was the first to obtain official records disputing Garofalo’s story, told the Navy Times.

In the retracted segment, Fox News reporter Bryan Llenas repeatedly praised Garofalo for his service.

“Garofalo is used to working under pressure,” Llenas said. “The Vietnam War veteran served seven years as a member of the nation’s first Navy SEAL team. He was awarded 22 commendations, including two Purple Hearts.”

“You are a hero,” Llenas told him.

“God bless John Garofalo,” another anchor said. “We certainly hope maybe the president is listening.”

Shipley said he reached out to Llenas via Facebook, telling him that Garofalo was not a Vietnam War veteran.

“You can turn this story around,” he told Llenas, according to the Navy Times.

In its correction, Fox News said, “Over the last two weeks, we’ve worked with Garofalo’s family and the National Personnel Records Center to get to the bottom of a military past that Garofalo had claimed to be covert.”

Garofalo served in the Navy from Sept. 6, 1963, to Sept. 6, 1967, according to military records obtained by the Navy Times. He told the newspaper he has been lying about being a Vietnam veteran and a Navy SEAL for years.

“It got bigger and bigger,” Garofalo told the newspaper in a telephone interview. “What I did I‘m ashamed of, and I didn’t mean to cause so much disgrace to the SEALs.”
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Cite where the fuck CBS or Candy Crowley ever recanted Crowley's blatant lie during the presidential debate about Odumbo's Rose Garden remarks, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM. Go back to sucking cocks, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

Deplorable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...ws-was-a-fake/

Retired 'Navy SEAL' praising Trump on Fox News was a fake

Fox News ran a story on Oct. 8 about a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL and glass artist who created an enormous presidential glass seal he hoped to give to President Trump. On Thursday, 11 days later, the network retracted the story after being told the Trump supporter never served in the SEALs or in Vietnam, much less earned commendations for his service.

In the segment, John Garofalo, 72, a resident of New York state, said he served in the Vietnam War with a U.S. Navy SEAL team. Fox News reported that he also received two Purple Hearts and about two dozen other medals for his service.

The man’s claimed record turned out to be a fabrication. It was first discovered by former Navy SEALs. Both these SEALs and family members of Garofalo contacted Fox News about the story, according to the Navy Times.

Don Shipley, a retired SEAL, told the Navy Times that he contacted Fox on Oct. 9, the day after the story ran.

But the story was still on the news outlet’s Facebook page on Oct. 19. By then it had amassed 1.5 million views.

Fox published a correction on Thursday.

“All of Garofalo’s claims turned out to be untrue,” Fox’s correction stated. “The fact is that he did not serve in Vietnam. He was never a U.S. Navy SEAL. Even though he showed us medals, Garofalo was not awarded two Purple Hearts or any of the other nearly two dozen commendations he claimed to have received, except for the National Defense Service Medal.”

A Fox spokesman told the Navy Times it would run an on-air correction on Sunday.

“Fox News not withdrawing that story has drove me nutty,” Don Shipley, a retired SEAL who tracks down and exposes bogus military service claims and was the first to obtain official records disputing Garofalo’s story, told the Navy Times.

In the retracted segment, Fox News reporter Bryan Llenas repeatedly praised Garofalo for his service.

“Garofalo is used to working under pressure,” Llenas said. “The Vietnam War veteran served seven years as a member of the nation’s first Navy SEAL team. He was awarded 22 commendations, including two Purple Hearts.”

“You are a hero,” Llenas told him.

“God bless John Garofalo,” another anchor said. “We certainly hope maybe the president is listening.”

Shipley said he reached out to Llenas via Facebook, telling him that Garofalo was not a Vietnam War veteran.

“You can turn this story around,” he told Llenas, according to the Navy Times.

In its correction, Fox News said, “Over the last two weeks, we’ve worked with Garofalo’s family and the National Personnel Records Center to get to the bottom of a military past that Garofalo had claimed to be covert.”

Garofalo served in the Navy from Sept. 6, 1963, to Sept. 6, 1967, according to military records obtained by the Navy Times. He told the newspaper he has been lying about being a Vietnam veteran and a Navy SEAL for years.

“It got bigger and bigger,” Garofalo told the newspaper in a telephone interview. “What I did I‘m ashamed of, and I didn’t mean to cause so much disgrace to the SEALs.”
the world is full of people like him Hell you're a prime sample of it just go look in a mirror dipshit
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

That aint no shit.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The problem with a lie is you have to keep remembering how the lie goes.

I am just as appalled at this guy as I was Senator Michael Bloomberg lying about his service.

The difference is the Democrats embrace the Senator. Politics over integrity.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #6
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Just remember, Bowe Bergdahl is a hero. Obama and Susan Rice said so.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #7
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

I'll bet Garofalo voted for the 0zombie King... twice

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:01 AM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Cite where the fuck CBS or Candy Crowley ever recanted Crowley's blatant lie during the presidential debate about Odumbo's Rose Garden remarks, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM. Go back to sucking cocks, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.
Holy shit! I think this could be Beginning of something the likes of which hasnt been seen around here in a while ...

Is this DAY ONE of IBIdiot’s latest greatest meltdown?

Old 10-21-2017, 12:02 AM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Just remember, Bowe Bergdahl is a hero. Obama and Susan Rice said so.
What the fuck does any of that have to do with this, JDrunk?
Old 10-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Holy shit! I think this could be Beginning of something the likes of which hasnt been seen around here in a while ...

Is this DAY ONE of IBIdiot’s latest greatest meltdown?

Noticed you couldn't produce a CBS retraction, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM. Go back to sucking cocks, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:39 AM   #11
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:

Deplorable.

[URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/10/20/retired-navy-seal-praising-trump-on-fox-news-was-a-fake/"]/URL]
When I saw this was from the Washington Post, I immediately made this comment, without reading the story, and moved on to something else. Washington Post, yea that's a fair and balanced source, NOT!
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:18 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
When I saw this was from the Washington Post, I immediately made this comment, without reading the story, and moved on to something else. Washington Post, yea that's a fair and balanced source, NOT!
When you post "this" with a quote from AssUp, you aren't referring to AssUp's post as being "from the Washington Post" ... are you?

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:35 AM   #13
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I'm not sure what this post is all about other than Fox news made a mistake by not vetting their interview better. Adds nothing or takes away nothing from Trump. Of course it does give us an opportunity to go back and look at Obama and all the people that HE put in office that were frauds (that includes Obama himself).
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

And totally sucking the guy off on their air, JDrunk.

“Sorry folks, he’s a fraud. We just liked sucking him off.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHhaahah!!!!!
Old 10-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #15
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The problem with a lie is you have to keep remembering how the lie goes.

I am just as appalled at this guy as I was Senator Michael Bloomberg lying about his service.

The difference is the Democrats embrace the Senator. Politics over integrity.
I think you mean Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut. But yes, he is a disgraceful stolen valor POS. And yes, the Dems embrace him anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/ny...lumenthal.html
lustylad is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women