Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22
Default "Around our Membership" or ??

I realize with the great influx of members arriving from what was ASPD that the site has had an immediate need for increased staff. It seems that Eccie has brought on a lot of familair faces to run this board that were involved with running ASPD.

A recurring message heard over the last few years was that many sections of ASPD was no longer a community designed around their membership. It had in fact become a community "controlled" by Admin and Mods and steered instead in a direction where staff wanted to take it. A community of favortism, favors, protection etc....

Although some folks did not like the changes made in it's final weeks, many voices came forward and commented that it would be a better place with more freedom to post after the removal of some staff and a return to a more "free speech" kind of place where adults were allowed to be adults rather than handled like children. This was very apparent in the Austin Community where many felt threads were never given an opportunity because staff decided what did and did not have value or how long something should run.

Doesn't an influx of former ASPD Staff open Eccie up to taking on the "flavor" of the recently departed ASPD as well as put it at risk of evolving into what ASPD most recently was? I think a lot of people would agree that the last few yers were NOT ASPDs glory years and that the Ownership's original guidance had been long missing in the way the board was being run.

This question is of course moot if that is the direction that Eccie Ownership desires to take the board in.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3
Default There were 37 ASPD staff members. 11 came here. That's under 30%.

I guess that is something that we'll all find out over time. Should be fun to see how it all pans out.

Take care buddy

St. C
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
guest040711-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 60

Some may ASSume that the addition of ex-aspd staff is a sign of ECCIE mirroring the old site. I think that idea is Asinine, but rather that the owners of ECCIE saw an opportunity to take on many experienced hands to help support the needs of rapid growth.

I feel we were fortunate to get the Cream of the Crop!
guest040711-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
LadiesFan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I really hope that ECCIE doesn't end up like the ASPD of late where the providers and a few moderators ran the show. I am looking for a forum where hobbyist's can share information and even have a debate without fear of a mod stepping in and locking or deleting a thread to protect the ladies, or their own self-interest.

I was impressed with how long 2 threads ran in Co-Ed this week before they were shut down.. that was a positive step in my opinion..

Then I was very disappointed in how quickly Down41's thread (The Down41 Show) was closed by an admin who seemed (to me at least) as if he were flexing his cyber-world muscle... a truly negative step.

I know that I don't have a right to membership here, and that the admins will take this site the direction that they wish to go. I just wanted to share my thoughts as to the kind of site that I would be willing to be a paying member of.

In my ideal site the hobbyist comes first, accurate information exchange is the ultimate goal, and keeping the providers happy comes in second to keeping the paying hobbiest happy.

my 2 cents

LF
LadiesFan is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Down41 appeared to be offering up the recommendation that the thread be closed.

In the past, board etiquette has allowed a thread starter to ask that his thread be closed.

Admin appeared to accept his offer.....gladly.

LAPs lock in the Houston Coed was bullshit..............

Why you would close a thread with 176 posts and over 2600 views just as it was getting warmed up is beyond me.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post
Down41 appeared to be offering up the recommendation that the thread be closed.

In the past, board etiquette has allowed a thread starter to ask that his thread be closed.

Admin appeared to accept his offer.....gladly.

Why you would close a thread with 176 posts and over 2600 views just as it was getting warmed up is beyond me.
as was GFEJunkie's lock of the 2nd thread started by Down41...

I don't understand closing ANY thread that is generating more traffic than
just about every other thread combined on the first page or a couple of threads with more member participation in a couple of days than the rest of the forum in a week.........

Doesn't it make sense that a site would want threads that generate traffic? threads that people log back in to check over and over?

The membership of a community is made up a a variety of people that come in on different schedules...... Some of those threads would have probably "blown up" to become huge reads if given a full week or more and allowed to get seen and read by more members.....

Then again you would get more views and opinions that might not be in line with what the Mod/Admin doing the locking agrees with.... I think we see a little too much of that.

Let the membership of the community decide what is worth participating in or not..... Let the membership of the community decide what to ignore or not ignore...

Mods should step in to stop an attack that gets overly personal in nature, stop the outing of personal information and remove the publication of materials on forbidden topics......

They shouldn't be Editors.... Or here to stop some discussion because some lady is whining to them.. or because some member is taking a well deserved lashing....

Perhaps if those actions were being taken by a staff member that had already been around Eccie for a while than they would be better received....
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
administrator
Administrator

dearhunter,

I don't think he was referring to my lock which was done at the request of Down 41, but the lock on "The Down 41 Show" thread. I could be wrong.

Quote:
I am looking for a forum where hobbyist's can share information and even have a debate without fear of a mod stepping in and locking or deleting a thread to protect the ladies, or their own self-interest.
LadiesFan,

You can rest easy in knowing that threads won't be locked or deleted around here to protect people or self-interests. However, this isn't the board that you will find members allowed to freely insult others without consequence. When that kinda stuff starts cropping up, you can bet one of the staff is going to jump in to take the appropriate action. May not always be the action you are looking for, especially if you're someone who enjoys seeing humor at other's expense, but it'll have been discussed by staff and the decision made will be geared toward protecting the interests of this board and it's membership...not any one of us individually.

The comparisons to ASPD are to be expected, and will likely continue for the foreseeable future. Whether or not the direction of this board will appeal to it's members is just something we will have to see over time. No place is perfect, but I'm new here just like many of you and I'm damn glad to be a part of it.

St. C
Old 01-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

Some come for the drama. Some come for the pussy.
I like to watch a good train wreck while getting a good blowjob!
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

cpi is joined by more than you would ever suspect.

St C,

I am a firm believer in some basic rules.....one of them being a thread starter should always be able to ask that his thread be locked..........if some don't like it, go start your own fucking thread.

I guess we differ on the "insulting" part.........someone is always being insulted in a thread............at a minimum someones intelligence is being insulted.

If you start policing that, this place will get pretty quiet.

I could insult you in this thread and half of the morons on here would never know I did it........................
Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #10
Guest062610
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Quote:
geez...DH, how do you really feel?

I locked it because out of the last 18 post...10 were either you or Sofia insulting one another. So I felt it had run it's course.

Since I locked that thread almost two full pages of new threads have bumped it down so it would seem the membership didn't skip a beat.

I don't like locking threads and in general am not a fan of it, but I'm not afraid to if they run their course and are being used as a platform for two members to insult one another. I know you two like to throw jabs at each other and hell, I think it's funny and entertaining. I felt it had gone on long enough.

Sofia sent me a pm right after I locked it and asked me to reopen it, saying that's just how ya'll play with each other. I told her no, that it had run it's course.

To use CPI's train wreck analogy...sooner or later someone needs to clean the carnage off the tracks.

If another mod or admin reads over that thread and feels I shouldn't have locked it...please feel free to reopen it.

LAP
Guest062610 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

You can count on two things.

You will always know how I feel.

and

I never take any of it personal.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #12
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Christopher View Post
dearhunter,

I don't think he was referring to my lock which was done at the request of Down 41, but the lock on "The Down 41 Show" thread. I could be wrong.
Correct....

However, just 4 minutes prior to the lock on the first thread you stated it was still on track and had a pulse.... I think it had some life left in it.....

I don't necessarily agree that a thread should be closed just because the thread starter requests it...... I think the board sets a dangerous precedent with that practice....

People could start threads, take a few shots at a topic with a couple of supporters and then ask for it to be locked.....

I was both surprised as well as greatly enjoyed the tolerance showed in both of those threads in Austin that would have never seen the light of day on ASPD before the changes towards the end.... Austin ran their section much differently than Houston or Dallas....... It was like a personal Fiefdom for a few,,,,

And if you read the thread I was the subject of tremendous ridicule as well as personal attacks with a lot of venom in them.... I didn't complain....I'm a big boy.... We are all adults around here.... I can defend myself without going personal as I readily displayed.....

Does anyone that cannot really belong to a community that deals with such an "adult" subject matter?

Quote:

and

What he said!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
administrator
Administrator

Quote:
cpi is joined by more than you would ever suspect.

St C,

I am a firm believer in some basic rules.....one of them being a thread starter should always be able to ask that his thread be locked..........if some don't like it, go start your own fucking thread.

I guess we differ on the "insulting" part.........someone is always being insulted in a thread............at a minimum someones intelligence is being insulted.

If you start policing that, this place will get pretty quiet.

I could insult you in this thread and half of the morons on here would never know I did it........................
Yeah, and much of that gets overlooked....however, when it gets out of hand or goes to the extreme, it will be policed....and since we will never all agree on when that time is, it'll be an ongoing debate that never gets resolved.

Trust me, this isn't quite the first time this type of matter's been discussed.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
Guest062610
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Quote:

and

Word....so you buying the first round or am I?

LAP
Guest062610 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

It has to be on me..........................or , Whispers will call me your manposse.