Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35187
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
thorough9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57
Default Offensive or Funny?

Posted on the MLK holiday.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=161709

The classy folks in the Kansas City area, really got a kick out of this one.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

Funny! Not real funny, mind you, but funny!
People do not need to be so uptight....relax and laugh a little.
Take me....I make fun of myself, laugh at myself and the things that I do all the time...I never take offense!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Its not fair to say the classy folks of KC, more like.....some of the people.

Myself, I did find it offensive, but wasn't about to start a "fight" or a debating war over it. More people found it offensive, just choose not to say anything. Sometimes not saying a word speaks volumes.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Yea, it's funny.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

I have a black step son (well, half black really) and there have been times when he comes over with a list of black jokes to share with us. And you know what? We laugh our asses off....even more so because he is black....it is funny stuff!
Offensive? Maybe to you....but I don't think so.
I laugh at redneck jokes too. Call me tasteless, but I just enjoy cutting up and having a good time....no harm is ment, and as long as everyone understands that no harm is ment, then the more fun you can have!

Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
Maggie McNeill
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 42516
My ECCIE Reviews

Dr. King's dream will never become a reality until his more rabid followers start reading or listening to his words rather than trying to turn the man into a symbol. The quickest way to lose a message is to deify its speaker, and there will never be peace and brotherhood among human beings until people stop clinging to their Holy Right to be Offended.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

no comment.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
Omahan
Secretary of State

You couldn't get a lynch mob started in the KC forums so you decided to drag it onto this forum. Yeah, real classy.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
guest010313
Account Disabled

User ID: 48112
My ECCIE Reviews

I like this one so much it's the background on my laptop.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
Charlie_Harper
Account Disabled

Damn! That made me a little horny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOK View Post
Dr. King's dream will never become a reality until his more rabid followers start reading or listening to his words rather than trying to turn the man into a symbol. The quickest way to lose a message is to deify its speaker, and there will never be peace and brotherhood among human beings until people stop clinging to their Holy Right to be Offended.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #11
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

First off, it is not offensive-- then again I'm the "King" of non-political correctness.

Second, I don't see how it is funny either. Maybe I just don't get the joke.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #12
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyGirl View Post

I like this one so much it's the background on my laptop.
Now, that is down right funny! I love it!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
guest042111
Account disabled

User ID: 58269
My ECCIE Reviews

LOL i get the Dreamcast thing. If you know what a Dreamcast is, the joke is very funny. saw that pic a few years ago. I do not see how it is offensive. Its play on words.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOK View Post

Amen.

But isn't it fun to irritate the chronically offended?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
thorough9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahan View Post
You couldn't get a lynch mob started in the KC forums so you decided to drag it onto this forum. Yeah, real classy.
I see that the president of the Good Ole' Boys club, The Gentleman from the Great State of Nebraska, has shown up trying to save regional face, and yes i went to another forum because i've tired of talking to Neanderthals, "White Knights" - no pun intended, Toms, and Lackeys. An adage about "arguing with fools" comes to mind. And where I go, you will follow; i'm not a provider - i don't need a sponsor, so i'd appreciate it if you'd stop sniffing around my ass and go back to your castle - the lady awaits - oh wait - maybe it was her that you followed here. When i need a Disgruntled, Ineffective, Power-tripping "OooHH, I can give points!", Liability of an Ex-Moderator around, i'll give you a ring.

This is an international board, one that includes all of the southern states and other places with less than stellar human and civil rights records. On MLK day, a national holiday reserved to honor a man and message, KC's board was the ONLY board to ridicule it, and after stating how, "fully aware of how terrible this is BUT" the poster (Sillygirl) proceeded to post it anyway, so I inferred that it was meant to offend. So, Yes, I said classy, is jest, but backwards, classless, insensitive, and out of touch with the rest of the world is closer to the truth. Regardless to how funny the image/joke was, the timing and disclaimer made it even that more offensive. It's like telling a really funny "Jesus" joke to a Priest, in Church, on a Sunday - no -the only Sunday of the year.

And it did just as i said that it would: one classless joke leads to another classless joke, which leads to another classless joke, and all of the jokes pointed towards one particular race. It's a slippery slope - how far is too far - this is reason that companies and people who are subject to liability have zero tolerance policies. How long before the N-word jokes start flying about?

People are at ease with ill-humor especially if the object of the humor is a familiar one to them; it fine as long as it's making fun of the same kind of people that they make fun of.

The offender saying to the offendee, "don't be offended" means what...?
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women