Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 10-24-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
seductrix4u
Account Disabled

User ID: 251392
My ECCIE Reviews
Arrow WWI Memorial Poppies Display--11/2-11/11 ONLY!

Details here

To mark the centennial of the Armistice that ended the war on the western front, the entire north facade of Kansas City’s Liberty Memorial along Pershing Road will be awash with more than 5,000 giant poppies — nearly 55 million pixels.

The projection, by effects company DWP Live, is being called “Peace and Remembrance” and will be repeated nightly beginning at 7 p.m. from Friday, Nov. 2, through Armistice Day on Sunday, Nov. 11. The poppies will recognize the roughly 9 million soldiers who died in the war.
seductrix4u is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:45 AM   #2
Enchanterlingum
Valued Poster

Nice to see that place cleaned up. It was kind of a joke when I was a kid.
Enchanterlingum is online now   Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:08 AM   #3
frizB
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 12

FWIW, there is an awesome display of "memorial poppies" beneath the see-through floor as you walk inside the WW1 museum. For those who've never been to the museum, it is truly a world-class, Smithsonian-quality facility. It's honestly surprising and a bit shameful that so many KC residents have lived here their entire lives, yet have never visited the WW1 museum.
frizB is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #4
seductrix4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizB View Post
FWIW, there is an awesome display of "memorial poppies" beneath the see-through floor as you walk inside the WW1 museum. For those who've never been to the museum, it is truly a world-class, Smithsonian-quality facility. It's honestly surprising and a bit shameful that so many KC residents have lived here their entire lives, yet have never visited the WW1 museum.
+1. Vets with ID get in free! And it's the only WWI memorial in our country, right in our fair city!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #5
lakecat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

Thanks for pointing this out Seductrix, that will be an awesome display. And it’s a must see museum for everyone. Thanks for your service btw
lakecat is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #6
seductrix4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecat View Post
Thanks for pointing this out Seductrix, that will be an awesome display. And it’s a must see museum for everyone. Thanks for your service btw
It really is an amazing place. And they have so many cool events. I went when they were doing the playing of Taps at sunset. It was moving.

Hey man, thanks for your tax dollars that took me on free European vacations!

See you soon!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #7
BigDeal
Account Disabled

Encounters: 66

As a vet myself...it is a really cool place...very impressed with it!!
BigDeal is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #8
badboy100
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 26

I don't do very many post here but this one require a special thank you for starting it. As a Viet Nam vet I have been to the ww1 memorial serveral times and I'm impressed each time. I bow my head in respect to all the men and women who have served our great country so we can enjoy the freedoms we all have in the real world. Thank you to all our vets.
badboy100 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:59 PM   #9
seductrix4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy100 View Post
I don't do very many post here but this one require a special thank you for starting it. As a Viet Nam vet I have been to the ww1 memorial serveral times and I'm impressed each time. I bow my head in respect to all the men and women who have served our great country so we can enjoy the freedoms we all have in the real world. Thank you to all our vets.
Sir, I am right there with you in appreciating the troops. Thank you for your service in what was one of our country's shittiest wars and national response to returning troops.

Whenever I come across something like this, it makes me realize their generation has died. All those brave young men who got mustard gassed and whatnot. And they literally saved the world.

War just sucks.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:12 PM   #10
seductrix4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanterlingum View Post
Nice to see that place cleaned up. It was kind of a joke when I was a kid.
I remember when the City Market was where the mob would bomb each other's buildings when they fought. No one went down there!
Old 10-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
Enchanterlingum
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seductrix4u View Post
I remember when the City Market was where the mob would bomb each other's buildings when they fought. No one went down there!

Yeah. I never understood as a kid how someone could earn a full time living "running a parking lot," in the River Market which is what my stepbrother's grandfather did. As I came to find out as an adult, my stepbrother is from a mobbed up family on his father's side. It was kept from us by my father and stepmother and I found out about it much, much later. Apparently there was a day where you could just change your name and all of your shady history just went away. So an Italian name becomes a French name and boom, instant respectability.
Enchanterlingum is online now   Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #12
Roboz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Check out the WWI museum website for Memorial Day weekend events . As the Centennial of the Armistice, it will be a great celebration culminating with tolling of bells on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. For all you history buffs--The Museum offers free lectures virtually every month on some aspect of WWI--they are great!!
Roboz is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:13 AM   #13
seductrix4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up

Thanks to all the guys who have chimed in on this post and offered additional info on the WWI Museum. It really is an amazing venue and I highly recommend visiting.

And to all you vets on the board, thank you for your service! I salute you! Just not with a you-know-what the way you do me!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women