Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59906
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47513
pyramider46370
bambino40310
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Guest020612
Account Disabled

User ID: 86471
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Ok, The lockout is over, now what?

I am one of those ladies that attempts to keep up with sports. So I am curious as to what happens now, is there is pre-post season? Do we just get at? Are they even in shape at this point?

Retro-pay? Draft? Something!

So fella's please enlighten me, as to what is coming next.

Thanks,

Ava
Guest020612 is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Trades & free agency deals could come as early as tomorrow. do believe Saturdays paper said something about HOF game being canceled. ESPN stated that the other preseason games will go on. The season will still be 16 games instead of 18. Camps will start to open wednsday, every day after that 10 teams will open their training camps until Friday.
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Guest020612
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

So then is it the expectation that the players will all be ready to go in spite of the delay?

And the schedule would remain the same? Looking forward To my super bowl commercials.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Yes, all is a go. Keep in mind the pre season is really just conditioning for the "stars". Old vets and rookies trying to keep/win jobs anyway. I really pay no attention to the pre season at all.

They get paid the big bucks to be ready!

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
Little Monster
Valued Poster

whether the players will be ready to go after over four months out of the locker room or not has been a much discussed question on espn all night. tomorrow will mostly be about getting draft picks signed and reporting to facilities. The veterans should be fine a lot of em had their own personal training camps during the lockout. It's the rookies that suffered, by not being able to go over playbooks and get their contract issues out of the way by now.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Carl
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Not just rookies suffered by not getting to learn their teams' systems. Teams with new head coaches that are installing both new offensive and defensive schemes are also going to be at a disadvantage compared to teams with no coaching changes. If you thought the Panthers played like they sucked rotten horse cock last year, wait until this year. They'll still be figuring out where to line up halfway through the fucking regular season.
Carl is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
Guest020612
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Default Didn't even realize that

I thought that because everyone was "frozen" so to speak that the coaches and coordinators were locked in as well. Never heard of a free agent coach. I think that will make it more difficult to learn/do much. In high level sports the players, I think (not sure) that they bond to a certain management style and would need time to adjust. At this point might as well stay put. I recall this happening with basketball and it was a mess. My crush on Scottie Pippen was ruined (don't hold it against me it was the 90's).

But as duly noted they get paid enough I guess to deal.

This has been a hot topic today, I've just been watching the wrong channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Not just rookies suffered by not getting to learn their teams' systems. Teams with new head coaches that are installing both new offensive and defensive schemes are also going to be at a disadvantage compared to teams with no coaching changes. If you thought the Panthers played like they sucked rotten horse cock last year, wait until this year. They'll still be figuring out where to line up halfway through the fucking regular season.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #8
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Very true, good insight. I agree as well that teams with new coaches will suffer from the lock out more than other teams with established coaching staff, such as Philadelphia, New England, Pittsburgh, or New Orleans.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
Carl
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Stone View Post
I thought that because everyone was "frozen" so to speak that the coaches and coordinators were locked in as well. Never heard of a free agent coach. I think that will make it more difficult to learn/do much.
There were a number of coaches with losing records last year that were fired either during the season or immediately after the season's end. Just like any sport, you lose a lot, you get shown the door. If you lose a real awful lot, you don't even get to finish the season.

New coaching staffs had been hired well before the lockout occurred. But before they could start handing out new playbooks, the old collective bargaining agreement expired and the lockout started.

Teams that fired their old head coaches include Dallas, San Francisco, Minnesota, Tennessee, Denver, Carolina, Cleveland and Oakland. Dallas and Minnesota promoted their interim coaches who took over mid-season to the head coaching position.

Tennessee and Oakland did their firing after the season but each promoted an existing coach on the staff to head coach.

All four of those teams held on to a fair bit of their previous coaching staffs so they won't have to do a complete overhaul of both their offensive and defensive schemes.

But the remaining four teams basically cleaned house of their previous coaching staffs and are going to be really, really behind schedule in teaching the veterans and the rookies entirely new systems on both sides of the ball.
Carl is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
If you thought the Panthers played like they sucked rotten horse cock last year, wait until this year. .
You are correct, just saw the schedule strengths on my favorite fantasy site;

not to mention their combined 2011 opponents had a 55% winning % in 2010, yeah, they're more likely than not going to suck...They have the leagues toughest schedule. 3 total wins, u want over/under ?

and for those on the Tim Tebow watch , Denver plays the 3rd hardest schedule and has to choose between Tebow and Orten ( unless they trade him)

Those are your cellar dwellers this year perhaps, ya never know, thats why they play the game...

One month till the draft, given the off season and lack of practices, injuries may be higher this pre-season. To counter this book your drafts later in the summer just a few days before kickoff. Nothing worse than having your carry overs or 1st-3rd round picks get hurt mid-late August before your draft...

Baltimore has the easy schedule, combined opponents 46%..DST should go 1st-3rd in all formats, hell, Flacco may be a steal if he falls and great value for cheap in a middle round..

I just hope free agency doesn't send a WR to TB or even worse any RB to KC to steal cheap goal line TD's from Charles...Rumor is they may add a 3rd back to the mix but I am fully confident TJones will be hurt by week 8...

Time to order the NFL RedZone for five dollars now
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #11
Carl
Account Disabled

From a fantasy football perspective, even losing teams can still produce useful point outputs. When team gets 3 or 4 touchdowns behind they can often put up a ton of passing and receiving yards in "garbage time" as the opponent's defense relaxes and rests their starters. It may all be in vain from a win-loss real game perspective, but in fantasy football, those points will work for your fantasy team just fine.
Carl is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
From a fantasy football perspective, even losing teams can still produce useful point outputs. When team gets 3 or 4 touchdowns behind they can often put up a ton of passing and receiving yards in "garbage time" as the opponent's defense relaxes and rests their starters. It may all be in vain from a win-loss real game perspective, but in fantasy football, those points will work for your fantasy team just fine.
I agree, I love having a ' target whore' on a losing team, great bye week fill ins too.

And there is always the flip side, you get penetrated if you have an AP or CJ2K when they get too far ahead, they'll toss in the handcuff towards the end of the game and if you have a Roddy White or AJ you also get screwed as they toss in the #2-#4 Wideouts or don't throw at all...not always, sometimes..

So who are some sleepers this year?

I like C.J. Spiller, Danny Amendola, Devone Bess, Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford ( esp in keeper and dynasty leagues), Ben Tate, Jordy Nelson, Jacoby Ford, to name a few..

and if I land the #1 pick in my crappy 10 team non carry over 2nd league I play in I'm passing on A. Foster; not a bust, just don't expect the same esp with the Texans WR core healthy and Tate back..

My dream Team ; dream team not realistic

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: AP
WR: Roddy White
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Calvin Johnson
Flex: Matt Forte or DeSean Jackson
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Matt Bryant
DST: Baltimore

of course, it won't happen...

but I start with my carry overs, Mike Williams ( TB) and Jamaal Charles and will take DeSean Jackson most likely in the1st round ( actually a 3rd round)

The $850 million a year industry now takes off

Good luck to all, interesting reading,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy...%28American%29
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
Little Monster
Valued Poster

It is hard to rank the fantasy picks right now with all the free agent fiasco going on hopefully after friday things will be a little more clear. there are some impact players on the free agent list Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Larry Fitzgerald, Knowshon Moreno, Joseph Addai, Chad Ochocinco-Johnson, Cedric Benson just to name a few. what teams some of these players end up on can definetly change the fantasy draft board.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women