Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452861
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47424
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 04-19-2019, 06:52 PM   #1
Charlie Brown
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72
Default The Triple Crown

There's been a slew ( ) of great horses to race all 3 races of the triple crown.

There's only been one to win them all in track record time.

Did you know without searching ? ��
Charlie Brown is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
PussySnob
BANNED

Encounters: 2

It’s a secret
PussySnob is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:28 PM   #3
Charlie Brown
Valued Poster

Yes !

It is! But not a complete secret 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussySnob View Post
It’s a secret
Old 04-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #4
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Absolutely I know, though there is some (slight) controversy about the timing on the Preakness record. But the video doesn’t lie. It wasn’t officially recognized as the stakes record until fairly recently. Since then Farma Way ran 1 3/16 1/5 of a se ones faster in the Pimlico Special, so it was never an official track record.

The track record at Churchill still stands. The one at Belmont still stands, is also the dirt wired record time, and may well never be broken. But the most impressive fact if that race was that each quarter mile was run faster than the proceeding quarter of a mile — for all six quarters. Absolutely unheard of.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #5
blackmaleindallas
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

It's kind of a loaded question though because it implies that setting a track record is a function of the ability of a horse not the condition of the track. There are a lot of unknown, unheralded horses that hold the track record many places but the record was set in random races because the track maintenance allowed the track to be extremely fast that day. Tracks like Tampa and Sunland set track records almost every year and many of those horses never become great..
blackmaleindallas is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:27 AM   #6
Charlie Brown
Valued Poster

A little known fact is when Secretariat passed away, there was an autopsy done. It was noted the horse had one of the largest hearts ever seen in a horse.

There was a big reason for that.

I was at Churchhill Downs on May 5th, 1973. Secretariat looked like an 18 wheeler running against pickup trucks. The horse was huge and extremely muscular. The horse literally dwarfed the field. You would have thought he was too big to run that fast. It was impressive to say the least

It was a fun day. Celebrities were sprinkled about like popcorn in a movie theater.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
PussySnob
BANNED

Encounters: 2

I bet $200 to win on secret paid me $1000 !!!
PussySnob is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #8
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
A little known fact is when Secretariat passed away, there was an autopsy done. It was noted the horse had one of the largest hearts ever seen in a horse.

There was a big reason for that.

I was at Churchhill Downs on May 5th, 1973. Secretariat looked like an 18 wheeler running against pickup trucks. The horse was huge and extremely muscular. The horse literally dwarfed the field. You would have thought he was too big to run that fast. It was impressive to say the least

It was a fun day. Celebrities were sprinkled about like popcorn in a movie theater.
I have seen that in a documentary. I think they said his heart weighed 14 pounds. In the last race, the Belmont Stakes, they had trouble filling out the field because no one wanted to race him. Some of the better horses were held out but it would not have mattered based on the time he turned. When he makes that last turn and just moves away from the field, that always gives me goose bumps.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:24 PM   #9
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:35 PM   #10
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Cool picture for sure. Secretariat was amazing. He was one of a kind.
I really like the Seabiscuit story. I know everybody has probably seen the movie. He beat the 1937 Triple-Crown winner, War Admiral, by 4 lengths in a 2-horse special at Pimlico, and was voted American Horse of the Year for 1938. Definitely an underdog, but some horses seem to really get the idea that it's a race.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #11
koseylee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

If I recall correctly, voted Athlete of Year by Sports Illustrated in 1973. Only non-human to receive that award.
koseylee is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:17 PM   #12
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Holy Controversy Batman.
Kentucky Derby 2019 results: Country House named winner after Maximum Security is disqualified.

What did I just watch?
Old 05-04-2019, 11:40 PM   #13
blackmaleindallas
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
Holy Controversy Batman.
Kentucky Derby 2019 results: Country House named winner after Maximum Security is disqualified.

What did I just watch?
By the letter of the law/rule Maximum could have been disqualified but the start of most Kentucky Derby races has way more bumping/interference that the little sidestep Maximum Security caused War of Will to take. Jason Servis gets accused of cheating often and Maximum Security started in the maiden claiming ranks so the "theory" is the stewards wanted to take him down for those reasons if they had the chance and give "good guy" Bill Mott his first Derby win ever. Who knows. I would have been fine had the original result stood. Maybe they'll all settle it later on the race track later in the year..
blackmaleindallas is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:50 AM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Close call in sone respects. There was definitely a foul on War if Will. Not sure whether it cost him a placing or not. I wouldn’t criticize a ruling either way. My guess is the danger created to War of Will was what tipped the scales. Horse and rider could have easily gone down.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #15
LuvHerMadlyEverytime
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

I heard about it but haven't seen a video of it.
LuvHerMadlyEverytime is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women