Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47430
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2015, 11:25 PM   #16
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbinks View Post
BTW, I'd probably use a 22 with a small load round. A lot quieter.
Meh fuck that, .22 is a faggot round....break out the AR .223 or AK 7.62 and blast that cocksucking whore out of the sky......make a statement....it's your goddamn property. And after all, misfires, accidents and shit happen all the time.....so they say....
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:15 AM   #17
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

If it was only 1 time it passed over your yard that you're aware, I wouldn't bother. But if it's making regular runs...I'd be tempted to get rid of it. But I certainly wouldn't shoot it down from my own yard.

If they analyze the area the bullet hole entered on the drone and see that it was from "underneath" or even from the front end of the drone in the direction it was flying, they might figure out it was you who shot it. Especially if the drone is taking video and you're seen on the feed.

I would be "sniper-like"...esp. if you know it comes through your yard at a certain timeframe and hide several houses away...in a tree...and take it out that way. But don't exit the tree right away and certainly don't exit the tree in the daytime if you're holding a shotgun. I'd leave it up in the tree and retrieve it in the dark. If you leave the gun in a bag disguised with leaves attached for camouflage---it would draw less attention in the tree. Take ammunition OUT of the gun before you leave it in the tree. Make sure you don't use a yard with a tree that is utilized by playing kids--esp those who like to climb trees. Nothing worse than a child finding your weapon.

Stupid options for alibis would be:
1). Find an apple/peach tree...so when exiting...if someone sees you, you can say you were up there picking a few apples. (Make sure to have some fruit from the tree in your pockets).
or
2). Bring a small kitten with you (in a duffel bag)...once you exit (if someone sees you), you can say you were up there saving this cat you saw up the tree. The kitten would be your proof.

Just make sure you pick a tree like this to shoot from:

in a neighborhood with old tree growth like this:

And not one like so:

(The above statements are purely fictional and not intended to be taken as advice or used in any situation. At least not MY intention. Your intentions may be different.)
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #18
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Get your own small inexpensive drone a ram it into the invading drone.
Opps!! I was just flying my own drone above my own property and this other drone got in the way.
It was simply an accident. There is now way in the world anyone could prove "intent to damage".

No legal liability at all. If there was any liability it would be against him, it was over your property.
LE would go crazy over a gun shot but they couldn't care less about two drones hitting each other.

If he wants to do it again, fine repeat the same thing. He's loosing more money on his high tech drone than you are on your inexpensive Kamikaze drone.
atf searcher is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #19
skbinks
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbinks View Post
BTW, I'd probably use a 22 with a small load round. A lot quieter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
Meh fuck that, .22 is a faggot round....break out the AR .223 or AK 7.62 and blast that cocksucking whore out of the sky......make a statement....it's your goddamn property. And after all, misfires, accidents and shit happen all the time.....so they say....
+1, that would be a lot more fun. I'm an idiot though, I was thinking about him shooting at an angle into the air and a bullet coming down on some unsuspecting human (that's happened a couple times where I'm at). Also possibly needing something a little quieter so that the people that are 1/4 mile away wouldn't be able to hear it as much and if they do, might not even think it was a gun.
skbinks is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:37 PM   #20
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Radio frequency jamming is an interesting idea but I don't know how expensive or practical that would be.
atf searcher is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #21
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

Russ nailed it.
I'm unincorporated and shoot varmints all the time.
I also kill deer during deer season with a 25.06.
My horizontal neighbors do the same and there is another 160 acres behind me with no residents.
I'm always aware of the background.
The AR makes it convenient for follow up shots.
Time to break out the Rock River Arms coyote carbine.
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #22
Noid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Sounds like Tia has experience in this field. I would get my trained hawk to take it out if I had one.
Noid is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #23
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
The AR makes it convenient for follow up shots.
Time to break out the Rock River Arms coyote carbine.
I like my AR but I truly love my Kalashnikov.....
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #24
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Sounds like Tia has experience in this field. I would get my trained hawk to take it out if I had one.
Tia has good advice but kittens around my compound are generally considered vermin.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:16 AM   #25
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Go piss on his leg to show dominance
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:02 AM   #26
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Kentucky man shoots down drone hovering over his backyard
Cyrus Farivar/Ars Technicia

The way William Merideth sees it, it’s pretty clear-cut: a drone flying over his backyard was a well-defined invasion of privacy, analogous to a physical trespassing.

Not knowing who owned it, the Kentucky man took out his shotgun and fired three blasts of Number 8 birdshot to take the drone out.

"It was just right there," he told Ars. "It was hovering, I would never have shot it if it was flying. When he came down with a video camera right over my back deck, that's not going to work. I know they're neat little vehicles, but one of those uses shouldn’t be flying into people's yards and videotaping."

Minutes later, a car full of four men that he didn’t recognize rolled up, "looking for a fight."

"Are you the son of a b***h that shot my drone?" one said, according to Merideth.

His terse reply to the men, while wearing a 10mm Glock holstered on his hip: "If you cross that sidewalk onto my property, there’s going to be another shooting."

The men backed down, retreated to their car, and waited for the police to arrive.

"His only comment was that he hoped I had a big checkbook because his drone cost $1,800," Merideth added.

The Kentuckian was arrested Sunday evening in Hillview, Kentucky, just south of Louisville and charged with criminal mischief and wanton endangerment. He was released the following day. The Hillview Police Department did not immediately respond to Ars’ request for comment.

A measured approach?

The report of the downed drone comes a month after Ars reported on a similar incident in Modesto, California. But in that case, the drone operator was flying his drone over his parents’ farm, and it was shot down by a neighbor.

Here, Merideth, who operates a local trucking company, said that he had seen "two or three" different drones in his backyard previously over the last year and was disturbed by their presence. "What recourse do we have?" he asked.

The 43-year-old man claimed that law enforcement officials, including the county jailer, told him privately that they agreed with his actions. "The people that own the drones and the people that hate guns are the only ones that disagree with what I did," he said. "Now, if I’d have had a .22 rifle, I should have gone to jail for that. The diameter of those things are going to come down with enough force to hurt somebody. Number 8 birdshot is not. Number 8 is the size of a pinhead. The bottom line is that it's a right to privacy issue and defending my property issue. It would have been no different had he been standing in my backyard. As Americans, we have a right to defend our rights and property."

So what’s next in this bizarre tale?

"We have a lawyer and there's a court date and then there's going to be a hearing," Merideth said. "It's not going to stop with the two charges against me, which I'm confident that we'll get reduced or get dismissed completely."

And what would Merideth like to tell this errant drone operator when he meets him again?

"I would just like [him] to get some education on his toy and learn to respect the rights of the people," he said. "It's fine and dandy, and I think it's cool there's a camera on it, but just take it to a park or something—he's not a responsible drone owner."
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #27
Alexxxiana Azul
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 78224
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

drones freak me out!!!
Alexxxiana Azul is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #28
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Tia-

Thanks I saw that.
It sounds like he got cited for firing a gun inside city limits.
Not an issue for me.
I haven't seen it since but if I do, it's down!
Old 07-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #29
Guest022718
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Tia, I'm laughing my ass off here. I suspect your tongue is so firmly lodged in your cheek, it looks iike you're giving a bj.

Kittens in duffel bags??

Girl, we gotta have a serious talk next time you come out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post
If it was only 1 time it passed over your yard that you're aware, I wouldn't bother. But if it's making regular runs...I'd be tempted to get rid of it. But I certainly wouldn't shoot it down from my own yard.

If they analyze the area the bullet hole entered on the drone and see that it was from "underneath" or even from the front end of the drone in the direction it was flying, they might figure out it was you who shot it. Especially if the drone is taking video and you're seen on the feed.

I would be "sniper-like"...esp. if you know it comes through your yard at a certain timeframe and hide several houses away...in a tree...and take it out that way. But don't exit the tree right away and certainly don't exit the tree in the daytime if you're holding a shotgun. I'd leave it up in the tree and retrieve it in the dark. If you leave the gun in a bag disguised with leaves attached for camouflage---it would draw less attention in the tree. Take ammunition OUT of the gun before you leave it in the tree. Make sure you don't use a yard with a tree that is utilized by playing kids--esp those who like to climb trees. Nothing worse than a child finding your weapon.

1). Find an apple/peach tree...so when exiting...if someone sees you, you can say you were up there picking a few apples. (Make sure to have some fruit from the tree in your pockets).
or
2). Bring a small kitten with you (in a duffel bag)...once you exit (if someone sees you), you can say you were up there saving this cat you saw up the tree. The kitten would be your proof.

in a neighborhood with old tree growth like this

And not one like so:

(The above statements are purely fictional and not intended to be taken as advice or used in any situation. At least not MY intention. Your intentions may be different.)
Guest022718 is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #30
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post

or

in a neighborhood with old tree growth like this:

And not one like so:

that's one precise and complicated plan...damn girl, climb a tree? With a kitten in a bag? Who are you, Dexter's sister?

Note to self: Do not EVER piss Tia off.
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women