Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
stanky
Account Disabled

Encounters: 30

+1 still asleep! Well said and hear, hear.
stanky is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Default No Popups

Never get any popups and using Nortons
Most like you agreed to popup while having to access something on the site. got to make sure you only let it happen for just that one occurance,
dreamvacationdates is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #18
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by still-asleep View Post
Many people have had the issue. It's not a virus on one person's computer. I have them blocked now, but they ARE happening. ECCIE has allowed them as a revenue stream apparently.

Can you block them? Yes. Should you have to? No. The site shouldn't be using such a shady form of trying to generate revenue.

A mod confirmed that ownership decided to have these pop-ups and that the mod wasn't happy with the decision either. That shows right there that it's NOT a virus and NOT an issue a small group are having.

As I said.. you can block them, but why is ECCIE going down this path? It makes it a pain for it's users. Is that how you want to treat the membership that has made this site the success it has been to date? To force shady pop-ups on them to generate a few bucks? What's next? 15 screens popping up? An acknowledgement box that you can't close that forces you to a sponsors site like other shady sites have went to? New windows opening when you try to close or exit from this page? Where will it stop? Obviously they have no issue doing this, so what's next? That's the question.

Why has the ownership of ECCIE not responded about this issue?

Mods... can you ask the owners to chime in on this thread to answer why they chose to do this to it's members?
Let me ask a question.....how many people are paying to use this site, that's the tradeoff for using a free site, maybe they should have paid membership where you don't get any popups, how many would be willing to do that, if so tell the Mods to contact the owners, really most likely one or several of the mods are the owners.
Also have you been on CNN, MSNBC, FOX News...the list goes on, they have popups too and guess what they are free also.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #19
Sensei
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default Popups are a bad idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates View Post
Let me ask a question.....how many people are paying to use this site, that's the tradeoff for using a free site, maybe they should have paid membership where you don't get any popups, how many would be willing to do that, if so tell the Mods to contact the owners, really most likely one or several of the mods are the owners.
Also have you been on CNN, MSNBC, FOX News...the list goes on, they have popups too and guess what they are free also.
The point is, paid members should not receive popups at all. Some such as I who have not paid have little to complain about since we do use this site for free...to a point; because if there are no users, there are no hits on the site, no hits no ads. I can live with the banners all over the site, they make the page slow to load due to the graphics and such but will not mess with iphones, iPads and android based devices. Personally I don't get the whole popup idea anyway, many programs stop them and they do little to advertise since many get pissed at the popups and won't click through just because of that.
Sensei is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
john_deere
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

here's what i don't get...who is the rocket scientist at these companies that thinks it's a good use of ad money to buy popups on a site like eccie? aren't we all here because we already know hookup sites are a scam??
john_deere is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #21
FK
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4082
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm getting the dating sites pop ups too and it only just recently began. I use firefox set to no pop ups and eccie is not listed as an exception. I use avast antivirus and again no popups is set and no exceptions are allowed. What else can I check?
FK is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #22
LargeHam
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 41

Haven't been on eccie for a while, so it just happened to me for the first time. Same with Fallon, I use Firefox and have popups blocked, but theirs still came through. Eccie needs to be careful, there are enough review and advertising boards available that they will drive people to other sites if the popups cause problems.
LargeHam is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #23
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

I agree paid member shouldn't get them, really they should just be in the side bar and not use popup for paid members, free member, either get a good popup blocker or your stuck viewing popups, like I said earlier I get zero popups
Old 11-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #24
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_deere View Post
here's what i don't get...who is the rocket scientist at these companies that thinks it's a good use of ad money to buy popups on a site like eccie? aren't we all here because we already know hookup sites are a scam??
Those companies aren't using ad money at all, it's free for them the eccie owners are affliates of those sites, they simply drive potential buyers to those sites and get paid for their effort.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
Broken Chair
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates View Post
Those companies aren't using ad money at all, it's free for them the eccie owners are affliates of those sites, they simply drive potential buyers to those sites and get paid for their effort.
I'm not so sure I agree with you...
Broken Chair is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Chair View Post
I'm not so sure I agree with you...
Since I don't get any popups I couldn't tell for sure, but it's easy to find out, just go by those sites and see if they have affilate programs, sure some people may be paying for ad space so if you really wanted to find out you can always contact this site advertising group and find out what their advertising packages consist of and if popup advertising is a option.
From what I can tell from the advertising section, none of the ad space is popup driven.

Also as a affilate of many different companies over the last few years, you're given a array of options to use to get their advertisment out, I for one never use the popup options, I can't stand them personally, I prefer side bar banners or text links.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #27
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon Kelly View Post
I'm getting the dating sites pop ups too and it only just recently began. I use firefox set to no pop ups and eccie is not listed as an exception. I use avast antivirus and again no popups is set and no exceptions are allowed. What else can I check?
Have you tried a different browser?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
john_deere
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

even if it's pay per click, it still doesn't make sense.
john_deere is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
doublebogey49
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

I just started receiving the pop-ups in the last few days, and I haven't changed any configurations or software on my computer. Not sure how or why it is happening, but it would be good to know if anyone has specifics on how to prevent them.
doublebogey49 is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #30
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_deere View Post
even if it's pay per click, it still doesn't make sense.
usually it's pay for signup, so really there is no expense for advertising. since it comes from the person signing up for the product.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women