Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35178
Mojojo33117

Old 09-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #16
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

President Obama, as the Anointed Messiah, cannot lie. Both of his fathers were junior officers in the war.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:05 AM   #17
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Unlike most here I am not set in my ways. I take all posts made that do not cite a reference as partisan fiction until proven otherwise (and I always take into the account the source as well). I do not give a shit if you are right or left wing. An asshole is an asshole. ACP, just cause I know the players doesn't mean shit. Only a self important idealogue like yourself would read my post as being on "their" side.
Well I'll tell ya what, i'll appologize to you for misinterpreting your post. I should have known better than to post anything like that knowing that far to many people on here will bash anything that goes against the grain of their world view. Almost anything seems derogatory to me on this forum these days. Obama made that statement, it wasn't dubbed. I found information pertaining to his Grandfather being in WWII. But he said his father. I'll even disclose this to you, I am actually a Registered Democrat. But I've realized you really can't support a straight ticket anymore. The bottom line is this administration hasn't really accomplished enough for any prudent American to feel confident in the future. Iam sure alot of people here will argue Obama was left with a big mess. I agree with that, but apparently he has no viable plan to clean it up. Iam sorry I made you feel that your response was a rebuttle.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #18
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I heard the speech on the radio while driving. I distinctly heard "grandfather." I didn't watch the clip, but if it sounds like father, perhaps it's been altered. Sounds like a typical slime ball Republican tactic.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:13 AM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Gawd Tex! You are funny!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #20
acp5762
Account Disabled

I've got an extra shovel and a pair of boots, would ya like a pair.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #21
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
And to the others who say it was his grandfather, then why did he say his father?
He was raised by his grandmother - so if conflating "father" with "grandfather" in an off the cuff remark is a sin in your world.....good freakin' grief. It says more about you than it says about him.

Quote:
Do you have a citation from later in speech? Is there a citation this speech is fake? Please post a reference of some type other than your "word".
No. Get a life.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #22
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I heard the speech on the radio while driving. I distinctly heard "grandfather." I didn't watch the clip, but if it sounds like father, perhaps it's been altered. Sounds like a typical slime ball Republican tactic.
He said "father". Even Snopes admits that fact even as they back pedal trying to cover for his sorry ass - just like you do.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/service.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv4jnlkxOaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
He was raised by his grandmother - so if conflating "father" with "grandfather" in an off the cuff remark is a sin in your world.....good freakin' grief. It says more about you than it says about him.
What about his famous uncle speech: "I had an uncle ... who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps." Excerpt from May 26th, 2008, speech in Las Cruces, N.M.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV1sxq8mqvA

When it comes to self-aggrandizement, his “slips” know no bounds.

Quite amusing how you always rush to defend him by saying he "just misspoke".
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #23
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Barry was tired, just having finished a whirlwind bus tour thru all 57 states.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #24
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

He said grandfather in his most recent speach. The clip is from an old speech where he said father. None of these gotcha clips matter. The problem is his policies that are making a bad situation worse.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

History, smistory, so what if he confused grandfather and father, so what if his uncle liberated a concentration camp that was liberated by the Red Army, so what if he campaigned in 57 states and was pleased that McCain didn't make a big deal about "my muslim faith". At least he didn't say something stoooopid like Palin did about Paul Revere (even if Revere did say the same thing in his writings).

Cause Bama's so smaaaart. Why he knows more about making war than the generals! Just tell the enemy we're going to leave, then deny the troops requested by the generals, then delay the half assed surge, then ignore the intel warning of the biggest build up by the enemy to date and abruptly draw down forces. . . and watch the casualty figures climb. Oh well, he doesn't get many votes from the military anyway, cause he's tooo smaaaart for them.

If the dictionary was accurate, Obama's picture would be included with the definition of malignant narcissist.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #26
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
If the dictionary was accurate, Obama's picture would be included with the definition of malignant narcissist.
Actually, if the dictionary (or encyclopedia) is accurate, Obama's picture will be included with the definition of:

He authorized the mission to kill OBL! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, finally!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #27
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Barry was tired, just having finished a whirlwind bus tour thru all 57 states.
Yes and he has one left to go. So are there really 58 States.

http://youtu.be/EpGH02DtIws
Old 09-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The Pro- and Anti-Obama groups have had their slugfest; now is the time to start poll watching and see how the electorate is feeling.....and it ain't looking good for the pro obama zombies these days..........

And his BS jobs bill won't move any opinion polls to his favor.....

Obama is a one-termer; turn out the lights !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #29
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Obama is a one-termer; turn out the lights !
Unless, Perry, Bachman, Palin or Gingrich happens to be the eventual Republican nominee.

Then, all bets are off!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #30
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default The “I’s” have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Obama's picture will be included with the definition of:
"Egotistical"

The “I’s” have it!

Note the differences – Obama’s speech on May 1, 2011:

THE PRESIDENT: Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.

It was nearly 10 years ago that a bright September day was darkened by the worst attack on the American people in our history. The images of 9/11 are seared into our national memory -- hijacked planes cutting through a cloudless September sky; the Twin Towers collapsing to the ground; black smoke billowing up from the Pentagon; the wreckage of Flight 93 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where the actions of heroic citizens saved even more heartbreak and destruction.

And yet we know that the worst images are those that were unseen to the world. The empty seat at the dinner table. Children who were forced to grow up without their mother or their father. Parents who would never know the feeling of their child's embrace. Nearly 3,000 citizens taken from us, leaving a gaping hole in our hearts.

On September 11, 2001, in our time of grief, the American people came together. We offered our neighbors a hand, and we offered the wounded our blood. We reaffirmed our ties to each other, and our love of community and country. On that day, no matter where we came from, what God we prayed to, or what race or ethnicity we were, we were united as one American family.

We were also united in our resolve to protect our nation and to bring those who committed this vicious attack to justice. We quickly learned that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by al Qaeda -- an organization headed by Osama bin Laden, which had openly declared war on the United States and was committed to killing innocents in our country and around the globe. And so we went to war against al Qaeda to protect our citizens, our friends, and our allies.

Over the last 10 years, thanks to the tireless and heroic work of our military and our counterterrorism professionals, we've made great strides in that effort. We've disrupted terrorist attacks and strengthened our homeland defense. In Afghanistan, we removed the Taliban government, which had given bin Laden and al Qaeda safe haven and support. And around the globe, we worked with our friends and allies to capture or kill scores of al Qaeda terrorists, including several who were a part of the 9/11 plot.

Yet Osama bin Laden avoided capture and escaped across the Afghan border into Pakistan. Meanwhile, al Qaeda continued to operate from along that border and operate through its affiliates across the world.

And so shortly after taking office,I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.

Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.

Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

For over two decades, bin Laden has been al Qaeda's leader and symbol, and has continued to plot attacks against our country and our friends and allies. The death of bin Laden marks the most significant achievement to date in our nation's effort to defeat al Qaeda.

Yet his death does not mark the end of our effort. There's no doubt that al Qaeda will continue to pursue attacks against us. We must -- and we will -- remain vigilant at home and abroad.

As we do, we must also reaffirm that the United States is not -- and never will be -- at war with Islam. I've made clear, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of Muslims. Indeed, al Qaeda has slaughtered scores of Muslims in many countries, including our own. So his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity.

Over the years, I've repeatedly made clear that we would take action within Pakistan if we knew where bin Laden was. That is what we've done. But it's important to note that our counterterrorism cooperation with Pakistan helped lead us to bin Laden and the compound where he was hiding. Indeed, bin Laden had declared war against Pakistan as well, and ordered attacks against the Pakistani people.

Tonight, I called President Zardari, and my team has also spoken with their Pakistani counterparts. They agree that this is a good and historic day for both of our nations. And going forward, it is essential that Pakistan continue to join us in the fight against al Qaeda and its affiliates.

The American people did not choose this fight. It came to our shores, and started with the senseless slaughter of our citizens. After nearly 10 years of service, struggle, and sacrifice, we know well the costs of war. These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief, have to sign a letter to a family that has lost a loved one, or look into the eyes of a service member who's been gravely wounded.

So Americans understand the costs of war. Yet as a country, we will never tolerate our security being threatened, nor stand idly by when our people have been killed. We will be relentless in defense of our citizens and our friends and allies. We will be true to the values that make us who we are. And on nights like this one, we can say to those families who have lost loved ones to al Qaeda's terror: Justice has been done.

Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day.

Finally, let me say to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11 that we have never forgotten your loss, nor wavered in our commitment to see that we do whatever it takes to prevent another attack on our shores.

And tonight, let us think back to the sense of unity that prevailed on 9/11. I know that it has, at times, frayed. Yet today's achievement is a testament to the greatness of our country and the determination of the American people.

The cause of securing our country is not complete. But tonight, we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history, whether it's the pursuit of prosperity for our people, or the struggle for equality for all our citizens; our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and our sacrifices to make the world a safer place.

Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because of who we are: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Thank you. May God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America. (1,287 words – twelve references to self; most of which are self-congratulatory)

Compare that with the speech announcing the capture of Saddam Hussein given by George W. Bush on December 14, 2003:

Good afternoon. Yesterday, December the 13th, at around 8:30 p.m. Baghdad time, United States military forces captured Saddam Hussein alive. He was found near a farmhouse outside the city of Tikrit, in a swift raid conducted without casualties. And now the former dictator of Iraq will face the justice he denied to millions.

The capture of this man was crucial to the rise of a free Iraq. It marks the end of the road for him, and for all who bullied and killed in his name. For the Baʹathist holdouts largely responsible for the current violence, there will be no return to the corrupt power and privilege they once held. For the vast majority of Iraqi citizens who wish to live as free men and women, this event brings further assurance that the torture chambers and the secret police are gone forever.

And this afternoon, I have a message for the Iraqi people: You will not have to fear the rule of Saddam Hussein ever again. All Iraqis who take the side of freedom have taken the winning side. The goals of our coalition are the same as your goals -- sovereignty for your country, dignity for your great culture, and for every Iraqi citizen, the opportunity for a better life.

In the history of Iraq, a dark and painful era is over. A hopeful day has arrived. All Iraqis can now come together and reject violence and build a new Iraq.

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.

I also have a message for all Americans: The capture of Saddam Hussein does not mean the end of violence in Iraq. We still face terrorists who would rather go on killing the innocent than accept the rise of liberty in the heart of the Middle East. Such men are a direct threat to the American people, and they will be defeated.

We've come to this moment through patience and resolve and focused action. And that is our strategy moving forward. The war on terror is a different kind of war, waged capture by capture, cell by cell, and victory by victory. Our security is assured by our perseverance and by our sure belief in the success of liberty. And the United States of America will not relent until this war is won.

May God bless the people of Iraq, and may God bless America.

Thank you. (500 words – four references to self; none are self-congratulatory)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women