Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70387
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 04-11-2024, 09:32 PM   #1
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Default Republicans block renewal of the FISA bill.

According to the AP conservative Republicans have blocked the renewal of the fisa law. More disruption coming from Trump and the chaos caucus in the house of representatives.

https://apnews.com/article/fisa-dona...e313295052f09e

WASHINGTON (AP) — A bill that would reauthorize a crucial national security surveillance program was blocked Wednesday by a conservative revolt, pushing the prospects of final passage into uncertainty amid a looming deadline. The legislative impasse follows an edict earlier in the day from former President Donald Trump to “kill” the measure.

It’s said that 60 percent of the President’s daily security briefing has ties or originated from intelligence generated by fisa intercepts.
txdot-guy is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:46 PM   #2
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

How much does this have to do with Russia? And Dumpster not getting his delay tactic met? Timing is everything.

Russia, Russia, . . . RUSSIA!

Quote:
It remains unclear now if the proposal, backed by the Biden administration and Johnson, would eventually have enough votes to advance.

“I’m just bewildered that a small number of members decided to take down the rule,” Rep. Jim Himes of Connecticut, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told reporters on Wednesday evening.

The panel’s Republican chairman, Mike Turner of Ohio, also lamented that the bill had faltered, especially since he said it had unanimous support from a special working group.

“There’s a great deal of misinformation about FISA,” Turner said. “It is not spying on Americans — in fact, that is absolutely prohibited.”
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:33 PM   #3
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

I’m not sure what the democrats think of this bill. It appears that they voted against it as well as 19 republicans as well. The 19 republicans voted against it because Trump posted on truth social to Kill FISA.

“ KILL FISA, IT WAS ILLEGALLY USED AGAINST ME AND MANY OTHERS. THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN!!!” he wrote on Truth Social.

First of all section 702, which they are trying to reauthorize, was not used against the Trump campaign. Secondly the reauthorization bill was updated to have more protections in place which may be why the democrats voted against it.

But a social media post from Trump is all it takes to throw the house of representatives into chaos.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:32 AM   #4
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
I’m not sure what the democrats think of this bill. It appears that they voted against it as well as 19 republicans as well. The 19 republicans voted against it because Trump posted on truth social to Kill FISA.

“ KILL FISA, IT WAS ILLEGALLY USED AGAINST ME AND MANY OTHERS. THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN!!!” he wrote on Truth Social.

First of all section 702, which they are trying to reauthorize, was not used against the Trump campaign. Secondly the reauthorization bill was updated to have more protections in place which may be why the democrats voted against it.

But a social media post from Trump is all it takes to throw the house of representatives into chaos.

Can you believe it? Our house of representatives (no capitals) under the influence of a Fascist wannabe dictator rage posting as he shits on the toilet.

America! Stupid, but I love it.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:00 AM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

If the Government had not abused the FISA laws so much, especially during the entire RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA hoax, everybody would have got on board.

As with most things, The Government abused the power that Congress gave them. They can’t help it.

It all comes back to that pesky Constitution. Just think, Government could get a so much more done if it wasn’t for those old outdated “Bill of Rights”.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:04 AM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default When your first step is over the edge of a cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
...First of all section 702, which they are trying to reauthorize, was not used against the Trump campaign. Secondly the reauthorization bill was updated to have more protections in place which may be why the democrats voted against it....
When your first step is over the edge of a cliff, it doesn't really much matter what your 2nd step is. First and foremost, welcome to our universe and this here planet. We would like to give you this little welcome packet to review: Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

The "protections" they included in the re-authorization?!? They could not spy on members of Congress. Yup, or as Yogi Berra might say: rules for me but not for thee, all over again.

Picture this if you will, it is a summation of the above Review...
Quote:
In its pursuit of establishing surveillance on the Trump campaign, the FBI turned its attention to Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in the spring of 2016, culminating in the issuance of a FISA warrant—which allows for some of the most intrusive spying methods on an American citizen.

As part of this process, the FBI relied extensively on the flawed Steele dossier, leading an FBI legal counsel to note that this was “essentially a single source FISA.”.

A report issued by Department of Justice (DOJ) Inspector General Michael Horowitz reveals a surprising number of details on how this process developed, as well as numerous problems with the evidence that was presented to the FISA court.

Important information was at times altered or not properly shared with the DOJ.
Here we provide a comprehensive timeline of details from the inspector general’s report, describing how the FBI rushed to spy on the Trump campaign and the flaws in its case....

Also, don't chew the bubble gum you find under a table. Welcome to our planet!
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 07:24 AM   #7
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Great source.

It is amazing how the MAGAs in Congress are so petrified of the cult that they’ll soil themselves in demand.

The dumbing down of America we discussed on these boards more than a dozen years ago has possibly been finalized!

Snick
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 07:54 AM   #8
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Great source....
I hear ya. I'm often skeptical of posting a Justice.gov site. They are kinda sketchy
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:41 AM   #9
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

If you are worried about terrorism like many are including myself the fisa act is one of the better ways of getting information on all kinds of foreign adversaries. It is the goto program in the intelligence community today. renewing section 702 should be a real priority in congress.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:32 PM   #10
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Looks like they passed the bill out of the house, a two year extension instead of a five year extension. A compromise bill. I won’t post the link to the journal article because it’s behind a paywall.

Here’s an excerpt.

The bill’s backers touted the overall package as the most sweeping reform package to FISA since its creation in 1978.
Among other changes, the bill sharply reduces the amount of Federal Bureau of Investigation personnel who can conduct U.S. searches, creates criminal penalties for abuse, bars the FBI from searching the database solely for evidence of a crime rather than a national-security purpose, mandates more auditing of the program, and codifies other changes already internally adopted at the FBI
Old 04-12-2024, 04:00 PM   #11
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

https://apnews.com/article/fisa-dona...c24245c64fd14f

House passes reauthorization of key US surveillance program after days of upheaval over changes

Quote:
A specific area of concern for lawmakers is the FBI’s use of the vast intelligence repository to search for information about Americans and others in the U.S. Though the surveillance program only targets non-Americans in other countries, it also collects communications of Americans when they are in contact with those targeted foreigners.

In the past year, U.S. officials have revealed a series of abuses and mistakes by FBI analysts in improperly querying the intelligence repository for information about Americans or others in the U.S., including about a member of Congress and participants in the racial justice protests of 2020 and the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Those violations have led to demands for the FBI to have a warrant before conducting database queries on Americans, which FBI director Chris Wray has warned would effectively gut the program's effectiveness and would also be legally unnecessary given that the information in the database has already been lawfully collected.
Our information was collected for a different reason. To be sold. The FBI needs a warrant to use it against you. IMHO of course.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:32 PM   #12
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

I'd like to clarify , that it was mostly magas who blocked this bill. The fat orange one told them to.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:15 PM   #13
CreatedInSpace
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

The alleged far right is bashed for being anti surveillance state. Strange turnaround.
CreatedInSpace is online now   Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:31 PM   #14
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatedInSpace View Post
The alleged far right is bashed for being anti surveillance state. Strange turnaround.
... Too Right, mate... I also have a feeling that the
American people don't favour this bill much-any either.

Which is the reason some Republicans blocked it.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 10:57 PM   #15
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I don't know jack about this so probably shouldn't post. But that never stopped me before!

When farther left Democrats and Libertarian Republicans unite on an issue, like I believe they have on FISA, they're probably right.

As to how Trump fits in and how Congress voted, I have no idea.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women