Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70387
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47439
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Who/what do you plame for the recently bungled messaging on TransDay
Stupid or incompetent people in and around the White House 2 18.18%
Stupid or incompetent people that voted for the current resident of the White House 1 9.09%
A toxic brew of Both 7 63.64%
Just a teensey communication error. Could have happened to anybody. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2024, 08:31 PM   #16
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
So what, The bullshit your peddling is a form of intolerance that many people including the pope don't subscribe to. Your poll suggests a mistake, or incompetence, or just plain stupidity. Perhaps it's none of those things?
First and foremost, I ain't no fan of the current Pope in any way shape or form. But insulting and offending what, a billion Christians seems in-band to you and yours?!? And what about the Muslims? What? You just figure you got lucky it didn't coincide with Ramadan or something?

BTW: Option #4) was for the shrug your shoulders, maintain some dignity and sweep it under the rug crowd.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:16 PM   #17
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
First and foremost, I ain't no fan of the current Pope in any way shape or form. But insulting and offending what, a billion Christians seems in-band to you and yours?!? And what about the Muslims? What? You just figure you got lucky it didn't coincide with Ramadan or something?

BTW: Option #4) was for the shrug your shoulders, maintain some dignity and sweep it under the rug crowd.
You see you are making a huge assumption. Are there really a billion Christians who are insulted or offended by International Transgender Visibility Day? And the question your point seems to indicate is this. Why should any religious belief cause the government to discriminate against any other group.

The Holiday has been around for 15 years now and you want the government to dismiss it just because Easter happens to fall on the same day? Way to suppress someone else’s speech. Again why should you care about this at all?

You’re supporting the same kind of intolerance that occurs in Iran or Afghanistan against Christians or even other forms of Islam.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:30 PM   #18
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Y...You’re supporting the same kind of intolerance that occurs in Iran or Afghanistan against Christians or even other forms of Islam.
So your saying team Biden got lucky they didn't pull their bullshit during a Muslim high holy celebration? Or are you saying 15>>2000? You sound like a peripheral Christian, which is similar to what a Cardinal said about O'Biden recently, when they called him a cafeteria Catholic.

Ya. Sure, You betcha. Christians are good folk and tolerant. If you follow it, even from afar, you will recall that some of the disciples had a checkered past. One in particular was the lowest of the low, a former tax collector. <shudder, shudder> You might even recall that one particular Jesus babe was a super early ancestor of this profession board type. They dang sure put up with a lot of cat-calling and ridiculous bullshit, without throwing their crap in other's faces.

Maybe you forgot the words spoken back then to the questionably desirable: Quite that shit and we're cool dawg.
I might have over hip-hopped the interpretation...
Old 04-03-2024, 09:40 PM   #19
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Seems there was some sort of messaging kerfuffle regarding TransDay falling on Easter and how it got mangled by the White House. So let's look at the root cause, so we can devise a move forward strategy.

Was it the results of:
1) Stupid or incompetent people in and around the White House
2) Stupid or incompetent people that voted for the current resident of the White House
3) A toxic brew of Both
4) Just a teensey communication error. Could have happened to anybody.
Quote:
So your saying team Biden got lucky they didn't pull their bullshit during a Muslim high holy celebration? Or are you saying 15>>2000? You sound like a peripheral Christian, which is similar to what a Cardinal said about O'Biden recently, when they called him a cafeteria Catholic.

Ya. Sure, You betcha. Christians are good folk and tolerant. If you follow it, even from afar, you will recall that some of the disciples had a checkered past. One in particular was the lowest of the low, a former tax collector. <shudder, shudder> You might even recall that one particular Jesus babe was a super early ancestor of this profession board type. They dang sure put up with a lot of cat-calling and ridiculous bullshit, without throwing their crap in other's faces.

Maybe you forgot the words spoken back then to the questionably desirable: Quite that shit and we're cool dawg.
I might have over hip-hopped the interpretation...
Well I happen to live in the United States of America where all religions are tolerated. Just because you don’t like the way I practice my religion or the people I tolerate doesn’t mean I can’t call you out on your own intolerance.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:40 PM   #20
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

What are you trying to measure with this exercise in hate speech poll?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:44 PM   #21
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well I happen to live in the United States of America where all religions are tolerated. Just because you don’t like the way I practice my religion or the people I tolerate doesn’t mean I can’t call you out on your own intolerance.
... And then there's yer-own intolerance, to the fact
that WYID and me-self and a great number of Christians
might be offended by what Biden did.

... Seeing-as Easter is a Christian holy day and
Trans Visibility day, or whatever it's called - isn't.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 12:39 AM   #22
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

#### Salty
Do you see me starting threads about religious intolerance, you do not. In fact the only thread I started about religion was about how religious conservatives were attempting to further take over the Texas legislature. I am not telling you how to observe your religious beliefs but I do not like it when you try to tell government how to oppress others. Freedom is for everyone not just the people who think and look like you do.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:59 AM   #23
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

#### Salty
So you are offended by the fact that THIS year Easter happens to land on the same day as International Transgender Visibility Day. Do you know how the day of Easter is calculated. Let me educate everyone.

As a moveable feast, the date of Easter is determined in each year through a calculation known as computus (Latin for 'computation'). Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday after the Paschal full moon (a mathematical approximation of the first astronomical full moon, on or after 21 March – itself a fixed approximation of the March equinox). Determining this date in advance requires a correlation between the lunar months and the solar year, while also accounting for the month, date, and weekday of the Julian or Gregorian calendar. The complexity of the algorithm arises because of the desire to associate the date of Easter with the date of the Jewish feast of Passover which, Christians believe, is when Jesus was crucified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_o...arch%20equinox).

So if nothing changes except for the year then you have no reason to be offended. In 2025 the President could give out the Proclamation on Transgender Day of Visibility, 2025 and it would not be on Easter Sunday then you would not be offended? What would you say if I was offended that Easter 2024 was on International Transgender Visibility Day? Technically Easter is the Holiday that changed days. Both positions equally logical and both equally Stupid.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:29 AM   #24
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
What are you trying to measure with this exercise in hate speech poll?
Eye of the beholder
Old 04-04-2024, 06:29 AM   #25
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Since you asked

Quote:
I suspect you have some misinterpreted meanings associated with words and concepts. Let's explore a couple to be sure. BTW: The first one is a doozy, in that it's a transative verb, ironically enough.

From the good folk at The American Heritage® Dictionary
Quote:
tolerate (transitive verb)
- To refrain from interfering with or prohibiting (something undesirable or outside one's own practice or beliefs); allow or permit.
- To recognize and respect (the rights, beliefs, or practices of others).
- To accept or be patient regarding (something unpleasant or undesirable)

consideration (noun)
- Careful thought; deliberation.
- A result of considering; an opinion or a judgment.
- A factor to be considered in forming a judgment or decision.

perspective (noun)
- A view or vista.
- A mental view or outlook.
- The appearance of objects in depth as perceived by normal binocular vision.

perception (noun)
- The process of perceiving something with the senses.
- An instance of this.
- The process or state of being aware of something.

intentional (adjective)
- Done deliberately; intended
- Having to do with intention.
- Done by intention or design
You know me by now. I'm a sucker for learning.
Take a moment to explain how your "tolerance" is developed with "consideration" or were you just winging it?

In the case of claimed "intolerance" can you give a reasonable example where someone said any or all forms of gay must be shunned, side lined, persecuted, dispatched or killed?

Would you be so kind as to explain how you "considered" your "perception" of a messaging kerfuffle morphing into "intolerance". That would be great
Quote:
So you are offended by the fact that THIS year Easter happens to land on the same day as International Transgender Visibility Day. Do you know how the day of Easter is calculated. ...
No to the 1st statement(?). The OP does not contain the word offended and that is not what kerfuffle means either. Yes to the pseudo question. I also know a question ends with a question mark.

You seems to have a "perspective" that the universe revolves around you and your beliefs. For that we have to go back to our bag-o-words at The American Heritage® Dictionary, as it seems to me your "religion" has the trappings of:
Quote:
Existentialism (noun)
- A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts.
- A philosophical theory or attitude having various interpretations, generally emphasizing the existence of the individual as a unique agent with free will and responsibility for his or her own acts, though living in a universe devoid of any certain knowledge of right and wrong; from one's plight as a free agent with uncertain guidelines may arise feelings of anguish. Existentialism is concerned more with concrete existence rather than abstract theories of essences; is contrasted with rat...
- A twentieth-century philosophical movement emphasizing the uniqueness of each human existence in freely making its self-defining choices.
Actually, Britanica.com has a decent synopsis of that as well.

Let's look briefly at 2 charities and their charters:

Working to Reduce Poverty in America - Catholic Charities USA
Catholic Charities USA is a network of agencies that serve the poor and vulnerable, regardless of their faith...

That would also included the phrase; 'or lack there of' as well. Regardless, seems pretty ding-danged inclusive and tolerant to me.

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
...Since our first appearance in San Francisco on Easter Sunday, 1979, the Sisters have devoted ourselves...
Well... pretty much just gay related things. Not overly inclusive. Eh Comrade? But the real question is whether their founding day was "intentional" or merely an inability to calculate ye olde lunar cycle calendar.

So if you want to go beyond the base OP regarding the "messaging kerfuffle", we should really have asked a broader question of: was the WH messaging, yet another "intentional" slight of mainstream religion or a "just a teensey communication error. Could have happened to anybody."? But I cannot change how the OP was phrased though it seems to be how you "perceived" it..
Old 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM   #26
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

The poll is ridiculous. My vote is for no fault on anyone. A day that was established 15 years ago for whatever purpose. Biden has recognized the day in the past and did so this year. It happened to fall on Easter Sunday through no fault of Biden. No one complained last year when Biden mentioned the day.

Again, a nothing-burger that no one would have complained about in a non-election year.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:59 AM   #27
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
A day that was established 15 years ago for whatever purpose...
Seems the programing is effective. The memory loss seems problematic. Certainly fixated on 15 years (talking point of the day) and losing track of how long 2 millennium is. Must be using the wrong end of the perspective binoculars.

We saw the respective sizes of the "official" proclamations and the timing of such. There is no fog to lift over here. When I count to three and snap my fingers, you will awake and feel refreshed. One...
Old 04-04-2024, 08:06 AM   #28
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

In the spirit of your previous posts, I’ll point out that the plural of millennium is millennia.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 08:28 AM   #29
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
In the spirit of your previous posts, I’ll point out that the plural of millennium is millennia.
Fair point. Either way, it's still about 730 thousand more days than 15 years. Two...
Old 04-04-2024, 09:31 AM   #30
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Seems the programing is effective. The memory loss seems problematic. Certainly fixated on 15 years (talking point of the day) and losing track of how long 2 millennium is. Must be using the wrong end of the perspective binoculars.

We saw the respective sizes of the "official" proclamations and the timing of such. There is no fog to lift over here. When I count to three and snap my fingers, you will awake and feel refreshed. One...
Did you happen to read Trump's Easter message? This from a man who is hawking bibles to pay for his legal fees.

If you or anyone else think Biden's non-Easter statements were inappropriate, they don't compare to Trump's rambling statements.

“Happy Easter to all, including crooked and corrupt prosecutors and judges that are doing everything possible to interfere with the presidential election of 2024, and put me in prison, including those many people that I completely & totally despise because they want to destroy America, a now failing nation, like “deranged” Jack Smith, who is evil and ‘sick,’ Mrs. Fani ‘Fauni’ Wade”—her last name is Willis—“who said she hardly knew the ‘special’ prosecutor, only to find that he spent years ‘loving’ her, long before the Georgia persecution of President Trump began (and thereby making the case against me null, void, and illegal!), and lazy on violent crime Alvin Bragg who, with Crooked Joe’s DOJ thugs, unfairly working in the D.A.’s office, illegally indicted me on a case he never wanted to bring and virtually all legal scholars say is a case that should not be brought, is breaking the law in doing so, was turned down by all other law enforcement authorities, and is not a crime. Happy Easter everyone!”
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women