Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 06-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Corel Quattro (again)

I'm having a problem with my Quattro.

My list has say 10 entries. The other day I must have clicked something that eliminated lines 17-10,000. I am only able to add 6 more entries and then it stops.

I figured I can open a NEW workbook and copy the old info. over to the new one. I do that, but somehow, it also eliminates lines 17-10,000 again. I have no idea what I did the other day to make it not provide more entry lines for me.

Since this is similar to Access (or is it Excel?)....can someone help me out with a solution?

Don't say retype the 10 entries in a new book because "10" was just an example. My entries are in the 4 digits and I don't feel like retyping all that.

I find it weird that even though I only copied the highlighted entries, it still blocks out those other lines when I paste to a new book.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Tia
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
PhantomofTheOpera
Valued Poster

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Tia,

I read your issue and I might have a solution although I have to admit, it has been close, if not more than, 15 years since I last used Quattro Pro. Quattro is like Excel in that it is a spreadsheet so here is my work around for your problem. Have you tried creating a CSV file by dumping the contents of your Quattro Pro file to an OS file and the reimporting that same CSV into the new workbook? The CSV file will keep the data in a format that makes for an easy import into a "new" Quattro Pro spreadsheet once you have that file created. The actual commands for Quattro Pro to do this I can't help you with since I don't have a copy but I presume it is found on the menu line under the File selection and choosing a "Save As..." option then selecting the file type which might have several selections such as *.txt, *.xml, *.dif, etc. Make sure you select the CSV (Comma delimited) *.csv rather than any other CSV.

The only other solution I have would most likely be not what you would want to do since it would require you to have MS Excel installed.

I hope that helps you.
PhantomofTheOpera is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

If you are getting fed up with Quattro you may want to consider looking into OpenOffice.org. It is just as capable as Microsoft Office except that it is free. To learn more go to...

http://www.openoffice.org/
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Agree on the openoffice.org recommendation.

However, it sounds like you may have somehow hidden the missing rows. See if you can figure out how to hide and unhide rows in Quattro.

Is the data sensitive in any fashion? If you send me a copy, I'll look at it.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Phantom, I tried that but when I opened the file in a new workbook, it kept everything, including the blocked cells from before. I have no idea why it won't just transfer the highlighted stuff only (when I highlight to cut and paste) and paste into a new page with unlimited cell space. I've done this before with other things in Quattro.

Gneissguy, yes, it's sensitive. Can't send but thanks for the offer. I did look thru the HELP TOPICS to see if I could find anything about limited cells or hidden rows and did not see anything. I doubt I could get free help from Corel since this version is ancient.

Mokoa (and GG), I've tried openoffice in the past on my mom's machine. There were problems with it that I can't recall now....like it interferred or interrupted things on her machine or it was just a pain that we uninstalled it. I just prefer this since I've been using it for the last 11 years.

I think I will just have to start a new list with my new info. and refer to both lists when I need something.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Have you tried searching Google using the key words corel quattro and then looking for sites in the result list that will lead you to forums where you may find some more assistance?
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Check this:

http://www.vstivst.com/guide-02/tuto...d-columns.html

You could also try openoffice again and see if you can import the file. Or save the file in a few different formats from quattro and see if you have any luck importing into openoffice.

Saving as a text file has some merit. You can look at the raw data in a text editor and see if the missing data is there. Even if you don't import the CSV back into qpro, if you see the missing data in the CSV file, you know it's still there.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but be sure to save a copy of the current quatro pro file somewhere safe in case you mess it up somehow.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

Try highlighting the rows 16 to the next available row, then right click you may have a drop down box to choose unhide from. Thats the way it is in excel, maybe it is the same for quattro?
brutusbluto is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women