Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70399
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452901
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47486
pyramider46370
bambino40299
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35264
Mojojo33117

Old 01-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #301
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
So you are channeling Paul Krugman these days?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/17/op...gman.html?_r=1
It is customary to include a link when you copy someone else. I thought you knew how to make links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I forgot that all your thoughts are orginial and not some regurgitated GOP talking points.
And you, WTF, aren't vomiting left-wing George Soros funded talking points?
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #302
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
And you, WTF, aren't vomiting left-wing George Soros funded talking points?
I do not read Soros but I do like to at least put all the points on the table and not leave out Peter to pay Paul.

We already have universial health care. If you do not understand that basic fact then it is hard to have a discussion on health care.

Do you suggest we tell Doctors to not treat people if they do not have the means to pay? Wher do you stand on the issue? Repeal with no plan in place? That is what the GOP idiots have proposed.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #303
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

[quote=WTF;953768]I do not read Soros but I do like to at least put all the points on the table and not leave out Peter to pay Paul.

You don't have to read soros to get his talking points. The media is bought and paid for by his money.

We already have universial health care. If you do not understand that basic fact then it is hard to have a discussion on health care.

We do, it's called Medicare and Medicaid with some charitable hospitals like St Jude and Childrens. There would be even more if there weren't stupid laws blocking more charity.

Do you suggest we tell Doctors to not treat people if they do not have the means to pay? Wher do you stand on the issue? Repeal with no plan in place? That is what the GOP idiots have proposed.

Hmmm, so when I was unemployed and went to the doc without any insurance, he didn't really treat me? Wow, you have some immagination![/quote].
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #304
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The Texas situation is very interesting. And the Republicans couldn't have gotten their supermajority at a better time. Now they're either going to have to make draconian cuts that are going to have very real adverse effects on the dumbshits that voted them into office, or just admit that they've been lying all along about not raising taxes.

Right now, the proposed budget (HB 1), will effectively end Medicaid in Texas if most predictions are correct. Already half of Texas docs won't take Mediaid. And now the numbskulls are going to cut reimbursement rates by another 10%. (And that's not even to mention that it doesn't include funding for population growth or for increased costs or utilization rates.)

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-ta...sweeping-cuts/

I hope all the poor who are forced to go to ER's for their medical care go to the ER's of for profit hospitals. But then again, many for profits hospitals will probably just close their ER's to avoid that problem. So the legislature will just past the buck to the Counties, and to non-profit hospitals who will in turn pass the buck on the the insurance companies (who will pass the buck on to those of us who pay premiums). And of course Texas will end up with even more people uninsured, despite already leading the nation in that category.

And the cuts to public education are staggering. $9.8 billion or 14% in cuts. One estimate I saw indicated that there would be 100,000 layoffs in education if the budget was cut $5M. So I guess we're looking at 200,000 off if the current numbers hold.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/blogs/burkablog/?p=8964

Of course the urban rich don't care, but the rich Republicans in rural areas are going to be appalled at this because there are no private schools to send their kids to. Not to mention the batshit crazy poor who vote for Republicans. Texas education is already in a funding crisis since Texas has the lowest tax rates of any State and the lowest per capita spending of any State. (And of course the results to go with it: 47th out of 50 States in SAT scores, for example.)

But these education and health care cuts I think can cost the Republicans their majority here. Texas isn't a real rich State and the Republicans can't win unless poor people vote for them. And I just can't see that they will stand for this. I think it will be the event that finally gets the run of the mill Republican voter to wake up and smell the coffee. But if not, they'll live in the sort of society that they deserve.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #305
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

[quote=DFW5Traveler;953845]
Quote:

Hmmm, so when I was unemployed and went to the doc without any insurance, he didn't really treat me? Wow, you have some immagination![/quote].

I don't know what he did but if you went to the ER and had no money they treated you. That is universal. It is expensive and we need to try and do something that fixes that problem. The problem of poor people using the most expensive form of care.

It is like having a car and never changing oil because it cost to much yet having no problem paying for a new engine after it blows up because you were to cheap to change the oil, it is called preventive maintenance
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #306
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
DG will be glad to hear that -- guess there is no need for Obamacare.

Quote:
Do we tell barbers not to cut somebody's hair if they don't have money? What right do we have to tell doctors to do anything? Did they become slaves of society and I missed the memo?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #307
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
I don't know what he did but if you went to the ER and had no money they treated you. That is universal. It is expensive and we need to try and do something that fixes that problem. The problem of poor people using the most expensive form of care.

It is like having a car and never changing oil because it cost to much yet having no problem paying for a new engine after it blows up because you were to cheap to change the oil, it is called preventive maintenance
You do understand the concept of marginal cost of production right? The incremental cost of treating a patient in the ER is nowhere's near the average cost.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #308
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You do understand the concept of marginal cost of production right? The incremental cost of treating a patient in the ER is nowhere's near the average cost.
That is why it is beyond stupid to have the kind of system we had. 17% of GDP with no end in site.

Quote:
Quote:

Do we tell barbers not to cut somebody's hair if they don't have money? What right do we have to tell doctors to do anything? Did they become slaves of society and I missed the memo?
We tell people what they can and can't do all the time
Not sure how you missed that memo.

Hell we invade counties that do not submit to our whims.....at a much greater cost.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #309
pjorourke
Valued Poster

There is no fucking way that giving unlimited on demand healthcare to everyone will cut costs.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #310
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
There is no fucking way that giving unlimited on demand healthcare to everyone will cut costs.
Agreed and that is what we were doing. Did you not know how fuc'd up the system was?

Both parties should of been working together to solve this problem.

Our debt crisis will solve it for them.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #311
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Agreed and that is what we were doing.
No its not.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #312
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

The fact that we give free emergency care currently doesn't mean we should use that as rationale to increase the amount of free care given...
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #313
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
the dumbshits that voted them into office, or just admit that they've been lying all along about not raising taxes.
For the better part of two years I listened to campaign promises of "Yes we can" and "Hope"—completely intangible qualities for a formal governmental policy. As such, it was a campaign full of lies and deceit. “Dumb shits” voted him and other “dumb shits” into office. It’s now two years after the election—full of more lies and deceit—and nothing has improved. And I do not hear any Democrats apologizing!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #314
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Default This clown is my congressman....

Quote:
Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) said on Tuesday that the government should require individuals to buy health insurance and cited the Preamble to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence’s “pursuit of happiness” language and the 14th Amendment as the sources of Congress’ authority to enact such a mandate.
“I think people should be required to get health insurance. We require people to get insurance for their automobile....
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-...piness-and-14t
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #315
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

@ atlcomedy
+1

My point too. Congress is full of effete idiots who condescendingly believe they are smarter than the citizens they represent. Your idiot is unable to see the difference between car insurance and health insurance.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women