Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47564
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 08-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
nightr
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6
Default This could change the hobby as we know it.

I tried searching for it and I couldn't find anywhere so I figured I would post it here. My apologies if it was mentioned already.

The way I read I read it, if passed the "Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act of 2017" could effectively stop sites sites like this from existing. I know the target is backpage, but site lile eccie, p411, and other hobby related sites would all become fair game. What worries me is the amount of bipartisan support already behind it.

I do think if passed it would face significant 1st amendment challenges in the courts, but I would prefer it not come to that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...-backpage-com/
nightr is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
ScarletteC
Account Disabled

User ID: 402722
My ECCIE Reviews

I saw an interview on the news about this too, they were talking about how they had taken on BP specifically but that there was a deeper problem. I'm new so I don't know much about anything and am really wondering what this is going to do.
ScarletteC is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
Clark W. Griswold
Valued Poster

I would imagine p411 would be safe as it's a Canadian site and therefore not affected by American laws.
Clark W. Griswold is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:27 AM   #4
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightr View Post
I tried searching for it and I couldn't find anywhere so I figured I would post it here. My apologies if it was mentioned already.

The way I read I read it, if passed the "Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act of 2017" could effectively stop sites sites like this from existing. I know the target is backpage, but site lile eccie, p411, and other hobby related sites would all become fair game. What worries me is the amount of bipartisan support already behind it./
Yet another thing for me to despise Portman for..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
I would imagine p411 would be safe as it's a Canadian site and therefore not affected by American laws.
Maybe, but anyone in the US would more than likely get blocked from using it..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:32 AM   #5
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

It would probably have little effect since most SHMBs use servers that are on foreign soil.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:37 AM   #6
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Recall, if you will, a bit of history in considering what is going on.

Backpage once was owned by the Village Voice, one of the pioneers in "free" newspapers offering classified advertisers the opportunity for posting sexually oriented ads.

I recall many LE attempts at harnessing this and other newspapers from publishing such ads. Even arrests in some cities of newspaper classified ad managers. All to naught. Massive LE failures in the ultimate end of court processes.

There should be no doubt that even as the newspaper is protected by the First Amendment acting as publisher, so is the website.

Amending Section 230 of the federal law, Backpage makes little difference; still the host and the "publisher" and likely would survive court trials with First Amendment protection.

"Publisher"refers to the act of carriage as a web site, not as the originator of the individual ads.

Complicating the public political arguments is the fact that BP scours websites searching for additional advertisers and revenues. But those facts won't be true evidence in a court room.

It is not illegal to offer up bandwidth for advertisers or for First Amendment protected discussion or sex ads.

However, the reality is that defending the activities can be very expensive and that looming expense is how politicians and prosecutors pressure and target the website operators.

Very easy for politicians to posture and pose and pressure.

Very difficult to bypass the First Amendment in the courts.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #7
NoHalo4Me
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3
Default “In a survey of sex buyers, three-quarters of buyers said they wanted to stop.

New Law Enforcement tactic. Charge board reviewers with felony promotion of prostitution. No new laws need. They just use the ones on the books already.

From the Article: "Something else unique about this case—the controversial felony charge leveled against several of the website users.

“We have charged the people who were putting the content on the website with a felony charge of promoting prostitution,” King County District Attorney Valiant Richey said. “Men go on, and they post reviews, and they share information,” he continued. “It goes beyond just a review and then on to a recommendation: ‘You have to go see this person, she's amazing. Go see her before she leaves.’”

Felony charges for what many view as simply posting reviews on a website has never been attempted before in the United States. For Richey, it is part of his philosophy of focusing on the demand side of the prostitution industry, targeting the users instead of the suppliers."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-figh...ry?id=48308991

Beware my brethren.
NoHalo4Me is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #8
nightr
Lifetime Premium Access

That's is what so scary about the way this is written. It's not the sites they are targeting. They are going after it's the owners criminally. So unless you never plan to step foot on US soil I guess your ok.

That is why tech industry is so opposed to this. If passed they could effectively go after Facebook managers/investors for content posted by their users.

Again huge 1st amendment implications if passed as it would really open up a can of worms not just related to the hobby.
nightr is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #9
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Well Facebook is evil ... good riddance.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #10
garhkal
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightr View Post
That's is what so scary about the way this is written. It's not the sites they are targeting. They are going after it's the owners criminally. So unless you never plan to step foot on US soil I guess your ok.

That is why tech industry is so opposed to this. If passed they could effectively go after Facebook managers/investors for content posted by their users.

Again huge 1st amendment implications if passed as it would really open up a can of worms not just related to the hobby.
And if they get THIS passed, what next. going after those of us who use sites like this to post reviews?
Old 08-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #11
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I was writing websites years ago for hookers for extra money.

I had times when my wife would walk in the house to a skinny blonde girl with hundred dollar bills all over the floor and i am taking pics of her with this old digital camera.

I was told not to do it any more due to they would charge me with promoting prostitution.
They took my servers, computers and software. I never saw it again.

I stopped, I didn't have the money to fight it and I was a scared little fuck back then.
I doubt I would still try and fight it but I would have got my servers and computers back.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #12
gladius82
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

I posted about this in the Dallas Men's lounge yesterday.

There is a State Senator that is trying to get legislation passed so that LE can use your reviews a proof of criminal activity.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/i...e-prostitutes/

She has been working on this since 2013 and her first bill has passed.

I merely say this to point out that LE is ACTIVELY monitoring ECCIE..
and if they find a way to connect you to a review of a know prostitute your ass is in trouble.
gladius82 is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #13
InYoEyez
Premium Access

im not ready to lose backpage and erotic monkey... hopefully this shit wont pass...
InYoEyez is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #14
garhkal
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotyour6 View Post
I was writing websites years ago for hookers for extra money.

I had times when my wife would walk in the house to a skinny blonde girl with hundred dollar bills all over the floor and i am taking pics of her with this old digital camera.

I was told not to do it any more due to they would charge me with promoting prostitution.
They took my servers, computers and software. I never saw it again.

I stopped, I didn't have the money to fight it and I was a scared little fuck back then.
I doubt I would still try and fight it but I would have got my servers and computers back.
IMO that's exactly what the law wants, people to SCARED to fight back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius82 View Post
I posted about this in the Dallas Men's lounge yesterday.

There is a State Senator that is trying to get legislation passed so that LE can use your reviews a proof of criminal activity.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/i...e-prostitutes/

She has been working on this since 2013 and her first bill has passed.

I merely say this to point out that LE is ACTIVELY monitoring ECCIE..
and if they find a way to connect you to a review of a know prostitute your ass is in trouble.
So us the men and women of society get fucked over, but congress can do all the illegalities they want, and get off..
Certainly seems to me like we are living back in the mid ages where WE are the serfs and they are the nobility again..
Old 08-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #15
p98397
Valued Poster

Default What else is new

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
IMO that's exactly what the law wants, people to SCARED to fight back..

So us the men and women of society get fucked over, but congress can do all the illegalities they want, and get off..
Certainly seems to me like we are living back in the mid ages where WE are the serfs and they are the nobility again..
Has been that way in this country for a long time - there is a citizen class and a political class. Why do you think they and their staffs are exempted from many of the laws they write and pass for us?

We ARE the surfs...
p98397 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women