Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47532
pyramider46370
bambino40314
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35351
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 03-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #436
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default You go wid dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Yet in almost all the polls on the subject, Biden leads Trump at a national level...

Let me help your cheer-leading with this snappy little diddy:

Biden, Biden - he's our guy!
If he can't do it - he won't remember why!
Goooooo, Biden!

Old 03-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #437
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Let me help your cheer-leading with this snappy little diddy:

Biden, Biden - he's our guy!
If he can't do it - he won't remember why!
Goooooo, Biden!

Just to help you out in your ignorant assumptions about me.

I first voted in 1968 and from that elections until 2008 I voted Republican in every POTUS, House and Senate election.

In 2008, after losing about 25% of my 401k in the recession and with retirement on the horizon, and the Republicans offering a ticket of McCain/Palin, I voted for Obama. I was 50-50 on McCain but Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency was unacceptable. In 2012, with my 401k soaring, I again voted for Obama. in 2016, Trump, with no political record, I found unacceptable based solely on his lack of character. Since then, I have found him to be much less than desireable politically.

I have taken 2 or 3 online "tests" that try to determine whether one tends to be liberal or conservative politically. I come out either right in the middle or slightly left of center.

Point is I am not a lifelong Democrat and now consider myself to be Independent. In 2018 I voted for Abbott and Patrick. Split ballot down the line. I voted against Cruz but will vote for Cornyn in all likelihood.

BTW, I liked your little ditty.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #438
pleasurem
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

OBAMA is the worst or 2nd worst in the last 60 years, Carter, Obama, Bush II
Old 03-25-2020, 04:41 PM   #439
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Roll the diice

Quote:
Just to help you out ..
I find myself more of a Libertarian actually. And if you must know, I'm a big fan of challenging assumptions and positions. Even ones I agree with.

Pro tip I learned from a gambler in Vegas:
When you are winning, take your original investment and put it in the other pocket and then gamble the winnings.

Seeing whereas the stock market is akin to Vegas, a similar strategy may be appropriate at times. I held my nose voting for McCain as I thought he was comp'd. But Biden is both comp'd and kook'd.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:56 AM   #440
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Post Aljazeera ain't got nutt'n on dees guys

Quote:
...Trump cast doubt on the seriousness of the coronavirus ...
Well... these links may not be as interesting as copy-pasta from Aljazeera or as fun to watch as a pole dancer at Snopes, but they do contain relevant data and charts on the Chinese bug that's running amuck.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...e2.htm#F1_down
Hope they update it soon. The graphs are all the way at the bottom.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Lots of up to date data
Old 03-26-2020, 06:49 AM   #441
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well... these links may not be as interesting as copy-pasta from Aljazeera or as fun to watch as a pole dancer at Snopes, but they do contain relevant data and charts on the Chinese bug that's running amuck.

Lots of up to date data
So what's your point?
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 AM   #442
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasurem View Post
I understand that that is YOUR opinion of Obama, but I'd like to understand why you have that opinion. If you had investments in the stock market, odds are you made a lot of money while Obama was in office.

What exactly do you think Obama did that hurt the country or you personally?
Old 03-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #443
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

So I was right. Thank you Speed Racer for the deficit figures. Also your political leanings and experience, and mine are very similar.I was lifelong Republican and voted for Obama.I'm probably center with a little left due to a social conscience.
Chump has Doubled the deficit in 3 years.Now it will go way higher.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:12 AM   #444
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

As someone here expressed,Chump is a brilliant genius able to grasp,evaluate,and assimilate large amounts of information.
It looks like he missed or did not understand the PANDEMIC PLAYBOOK put together by the NSC for a scenario just such as this.
This is a concrete example where playing the Deep State card and eschewing everything conventionally adhered to is dangerous.
Chump is an idiot !! We had a Cook Book for this. He didn't use it.We got his hunches instead.
Did I forget to mention he closed the border to China and also in addition to his genius he can leap tall buildings in a single bound !
Old 03-26-2020, 09:24 AM   #445
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Or was he writing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
...It looks like he missed or did not understand the PANDEMIC PLAYBOOK ...
Not sure if you recall what you were doing on or about Nov 19, 2019, to manage pandemics. Nor do I know what the fact checkers think about the below website, but it seems pertinent. The pay is decent and the site has an 'Apply Now' button:

https://jobs.cdc.gov/job/dallas/publ...m/250/14136286

Public Health Advisor (Quarantine Program)

Job ID HHS-CDC-D3-20-10640010 Date posted 11/15/2019 Location Dallas, Texas, El Paso, Texas, Houston, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Anchorage, Alaska, Los Angeles, California, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Miami, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Honolulu, Hawaii, Chicago, Illinois, Boston, Massachusetts, Detroit, Michigan, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Newark, New Jersey, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, San Juan Department: Department of Health And Human Services
Agency: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Old 03-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #446
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Maybe a different understanding of time?

Quote:
...Trump ignored the incoming data from other countries, most notable Italy and China...
Maybe my calendar has a coincidental time warp function built into it's Flux Capacitor, but I recall the timeline more as:

China: Not sure when you think China released actual, factual or relevant data. But we believe they started having "issues" in Nov 2019. But hey, if you think China actually only had 40,000 infections out of a population of 1.3B, you go with that. Coincidentally, in that same month the CDC posted job openings for Public Health Advisors for their Quarantine Program in multiple cities here:

Italy: The first cases of the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic in Italy were confirmed on 31 January 2020, when two Chinese tourists in Rome tested positive Coincidentally, that was the same day he banned all flights from China - which apparently made him a racist xenophobe in some circles.

Quote:
...NOw he talks about reopening the country by Easter sunday, against all advice from medical personnel...
Maybe you've never worked directly with CEOs. Maybe you didn't work much in a competitive company in the private sector. I dunno. But if you did all of the above, you would be more familiar on how a leader, aka the BOSS, thinks and operates.

The BOSS takes inputs from the team, sets one or more goals based on that input, then relies on his team, aka experts, to tell him if it's possible or not. At this point, he is expecting action plans, lists of tasks required, aka scope of work, and a draft of pros and cons, along with risk factors and known obstacles to achieving the goal and budgets.

Then there is a series of iterative process(es) and reviews, status updates, new data received, etc. - culminating in a GO/NOGO decision or modification to the plan. Rinse and repeat. Noteworthy: new data is streaming in showing impacts of already taken steps and precautions, along with data on who are impacted (age groups) and how. Not to mention progress on possible therapeutics and progress on vaccines for the future.

We are still in the iterative processes and I doubt you've recently gained the clairvoyance abilities needed to see the future accurately, based upon your challenges with understanding the recent past. But I could be wrong again.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #447
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Those were the days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
...It looks like he missed or did not understand the PANDEMIC PLAYBOOK ...
The historical perspective grinds slow, but it grinds fine.

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...6BJvo4.twitter

...Government and private scientists could have taken the lessons and promising indicators gathered from prior coronavirus outbreaks dating to 2002 and turned them into clinical trials for the medicines that showed the most hope...

...One such study in 2005 found “chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-Cove infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage.”...

Was Trump reading the playbook, minus these important edits? Or is he going to update the playbook based upon pre-existing information that has been knocking around for over a decade? Or is he a frick'n time traveler? I dunno?
Old 03-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #448
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Evidently he made a No Go decision on testing and medical preparedness in Jan. At a critical time when indicators were such that he needed to do so.He also made a No Go on truthfulness,giving false re-assurance at a time we needed a little forthrightness about what may lie ahead.
I think his process is not what was described above.It's more like a dartboard which he throws at and the categories are,Deny,Distract,Attack,Blame Obama,The Media are the Enemy of the People,I closed the Chinese border. You get the picture ?
Also your vocabulary and CEO experience is so impressive ! I am in awe. Obviously we should defer to you with your intellect and insight.
Better stay out of that rheumatiz medicine you and Granny distill out by the Cement Pond !!
Old 03-26-2020, 11:52 AM   #449
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

I am very familiar with how Chump thinks and operates. He thinks like a dumb-ass and operates like a dumb-ass.
I don't think he Can read.
Our next president needs to Update the Playbook by adding a chapter listing Chump's efforts entitled "What Not to Do".
Old 03-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #450
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus grind View Post
This seems to be the common theme used by those who are having their own bs called out.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1240257271353016320

It's a hoax!

It's just the flu!

Everyone will get tested!

We beat the coronvirus!

Stop calling me out on my bullshit!
GREAT Link! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Did you see his interview? Biden and CNN's Tapper? The writing is on the wall.
I see too much of trump squawking. I guess NPR got tired of him like I did yelling at the TV when he lied/went off script, they didn't carry his speech the other day.

Quote:
Yet in almost all the polls on the subject, Biden leads Trump at a national level, in Michigan, and is within the margin of error in all other battleground states, leading in some, trailing in others. But all close.

Why is that?
You wonder why ellen used a link to a media she has said she despised? Can't play it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasurem View Post
There have been presidents that I didn't like while in office but could respect them. Even after they left the White House. The ones you listed I can respect. But I don't see myself doing that for trump.

Quote:
I find myself more of a Libertarian actually.
LAROUSCH! (sp)

Quote:

Lots of up to date data
I really don't mind the english Aljazeera. I don't really watch CNN, MSNBC, FOX. But do see a bit of OAN. I can definitely say i'd prefer AJ over some of the above.

Quote:
Maybe my calendar has a coincidental time warp function built into it's Flux Capacitor, but I recall the timeline more as:

China: Not sure when you think China released actual, factual or relevant data. But we believe they started having "issues" in Nov 2019. But hey, if you think China actually only had 40,000 infections out of a population of 1.3B, you go with that. Coincidentally, in that same month the CDC posted job openings for Public Health Advisors for their Quarantine Program in multiple cities here:

Italy: The first cases of the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic in Italy were confirmed on 31 January 2020, when two Chinese tourists in Rome tested positive Coincidentally, that was the same day he banned all flights from China - which apparently made him a racist xenophobe in some circles.

Maybe you've never worked directly with CEOs. Maybe you didn't work much in a competitive company in the private sector. I dunno. But if you did all of the above, you would be more familiar on how a leader, aka the BOSS, thinks and operates.

The BOSS takes inputs from the team, sets one or more goals based on that input, then relies on his team, aka experts, to tell him if it's possible or not. At this point, he is expecting action plans, lists of tasks required, aka scope of work, and a draft of pros and cons, along with risk factors and known obstacles to achieving the goal and budgets.

Then there is a series of iterative process(es) and reviews, status updates, new data received, etc. - culminating in a GO/NOGO decision or modification to the plan. Rinse and repeat. Noteworthy: new data is streaming in showing impacts of already taken steps and precautions, along with data on who are impacted (age groups) and how. Not to mention progress on possible therapeutics and progress on vaccines for the future.

We are still in the iterative processes and I doubt you've recently gained the clairvoyance abilities needed to see the future accurately, based upon your challenges with understanding the recent past. But I could be wrong again.
Been my experience at my job to never trust a chinese capacitor. Flux or otherwise.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women