Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Questions for the Staff - Upstate New York
Questions for the Staff - Upstate New York Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Guardian
BANNED

Default "Confirm private message option"

Not so sure of the benefit from choosing this option?

When receiving a pm one can choose to cancel the confirmation, hence the messenger is under false pretense the message was never opened. So what’s the point? I believe the message being sent should ALWAYS give the person who sent the message a confirmation if pm was opened. Can this be done???
Thx
Guardian is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
J.J. Walker
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Who u gona message if u don't mind me axin specifics?
J.J. Walker is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
Guardian
BANNED

LOL jj, yes I know just registered, but have been on the side for a while.

As a new to you, but not new to some, I have been in contact with a few vp’s and have visited with “a couple” habitually that shared mutual interest. It is to “those” none-confirmed messages that is most disquieting.

The confirm pm option only gives one cover for not responding. I have more respect for ones that confirms open pm and do not answer, than one that hides behind this option.
Thx for axin!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
J.J. Walker
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Providing for jims often mutually excludes wifi, iPads and laptops. Spread your legs for money and get sent back to the dark ages for some ...
J.J. Walker is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #5
Guardian
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. Walker View Post
Providing for jims often mutually excludes wifi, iPads and laptops. Spread your legs for money and get sent back to the dark ages for some ...
אָמֵן
Old 05-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

The PM system sends a copy to the members email address, most read them from there and never open the PM ON THIS SITE, GIVING YOU THE FALSE IMPRESSION THAT THEY DID NOT READ IT.
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
Guest070916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Thanks BB, did not know that.
Guest070916 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
The confirm pm option only gives one cover for not responding.
I never confirm the receipt of a PM, and unless i forget to un-check the box requesting a confirmation receipt, i never request one from the people i'm sending a message to. Anyone can assume their message to me was read, but frankly, i don't think it's any of their business as to when i read it. Nor do i think it's any of my business as to when they read my message. Nevertheless...

Quote:
I have more respect for ones that confirms open pm and do not answer, than one that hides behind this option.
Thx for axin!
In the box at the top of your messages, you'll see something that says "You have X confirmed and Y unconfirmed private message receipts". Click on that and i believe you'll have your answer as to when your message was read.

Edit: I stand corrected. I took a closer look and the long list of read information i have is all old stuff. Nothing recent. So i was wrong about the system providing the information with or without a read receipt. Apparently it used to provide it, but no longer does.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusbluto View Post
The PM system sends a copy to the members email address, most read them from there and never open the PM ON THIS SITE, GIVING YOU THE FALSE IMPRESSION THAT THEY DID NOT READ IT.
I only get an email notice that I have a PM, never the actual PM.

I find confirmation requests anal and annoying, I don't work for anyone here. I don't send them, it's picayune. If I PM a lady, she's going to have to reply to get the business, whether she reads it or not.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #10
Guardian
BANNED

JC..I to find receiving the confirmation request popup annoying as well. When pm’g a fellow comrade, I uncheck confirmation, because it’s usually no matter of importance to when and if HE opens or chooses not to respond. True, you/me, we don’t work for anyone here, but in a since VP's do. This question was directed more so to VP see post #3.

Dv..When requesting or aligning time frames with visitations it can be a necessity to know, if she did or didn’t open pm (does make it my business). If I would have known she opened it, but cared not to respond for whatever reason, so be it, I would have moved on. Thank you for looking into the system providing the information with or without a read receipts.

Because of the pm design and knowing that nothing will be done for such a trivial beef, I’m writing it off as a known.
Thank you for responding, you all have given me some insight.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women