Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59832
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47417
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #406
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Jeeze Speedracer. That was not an analogy. I was just sharing what was different when I was growing up. We had guns growing up here in the south - we did not have school shootings. I do not know why that is. It was an observation - that's all. Also, did not have the 24 hour news cycle or violent 3D video games now that I think of it.

And if banning AR15's would work - then do it. My personal opioion is that it is both a mental health issue - and a gun issue - it's a combination.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #407
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Jeeze Speedracer. That was not an analogy. I was just sharing what was different when I was growing up. We had guns growing up here in the south - we did not have school shootings. I do not know why that is. It was an observation - that's all. Also, did not have the 24 hour news cycle or violent 3D video games now that I think of it.

And if banning AR15's would work - then do it. My personal opioion is that it is both a mental health issue - and a gun issue - it's a combination.
I wasn't trying to come down hard on you. Your post was the 2nd one I saw today stating the same thing. The point of your post seemed to be that by having guns mounted in the back of pickups there would be no mass shootings. The point of my post was that there is absolutely no correlation between the 2.

I do appreciate you stating that it is BOTH a mental health issue AND a gun issue. Very few gun rights advocates would ever say that. So often I hear "guns don't kill people, people kill people" which is certainly true. However guns make it so much easier to kill people and the AR 15, even without the gun stock used in Las Vegas, seems to be the weapon of choice these days by these killers.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #408
assfucker
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
Guns don't kill people.
Bullets do. Guns just make them go REALLY fast.
It may have been an impersonator that said that. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

I'd love to live in a Utopia where we could eliminate all guns. They should be an antique relic in a modern compassionate society. Unfortunately, we live in a wasteland of capitalism induced inequality under the thumb of the MIC, Deep State, and militarized police forces. I will never give up my guns until they are disarmed as well.

However, I believe we need much stricter, oppressive, even draconian background checks with thorough required training to accompany every purchase. Loopholes like gun shows and private sales must be eliminated and weapons must be registered. I can't see how any responsible gun owner objects to this.
assfucker is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #409
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Because you know, letting the government decide if you're crazy just sounds fun?!? I'm all for training and practice often, but I don't see the point of 'registering' guns. Is the idea supposed to be something like; Well ghee your honor, he passed the background check, took the training and used his lawfully registered gun, so I guess it's a no brainer - innocent of all charged. WTF?

I see you're buying a new pistol, similar to your last one. Well... that requires you retake the training all over again. Pay the government clerk on your way out the door. Thank you. That stink doesn't even make sense. Like I said, I'm all for competently trained ownership and lots and lots of practice.

Have you considered it's more of a societal issue? Take God out of schools, yet wonder why kids are Godless. Play violent shoot 'em video games for hours on end, with no consequences, yet wonder why kids are desensitized to violence. See something, say something, yet do nothing. That's a big problem.

In short, the laws are there that will work. The church shooter was missed because the Air Force didn't follow existing law. This last dope was reported by multiple people, not to mention 39 visits by the local Sheriff's department over the course of a couple years. Yet nobody connected those dots. Really?!? Most other recent shooters legally acquired their guns, after completing background checks and apparently they trained and practiced a fair bit as well.

It's a software, i.e. mental thing, not a hardware thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by assfucker View Post
However, I believe we need much stricter, oppressive, even draconian background checks with thorough required training to accompany every purchase. Loopholes like gun shows and private sales must be eliminated and weapons must be registered. I can't see how any responsible gun owner objects to this.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #410
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default As luck would have it...

As luck would have it, there is no current law or regulation that prevents you from donating to any mental health cause that you wish and, while lesser known to some, there is no law or regulation against you donating your own hard earned $$ to reducing the National debt and even getting a tax deduction for the both of them. Who knew?!?
Quote:
Trump's words were that we need to focus more on mental health while his actions have done everything possible to cut the miserable funding that already exists. Money talks. Put up some funds for mental health you bitch ass Republicrats. Stop paying lip service. 2 of your own have fallen victim to this shit in the past couple years. Nothing gets rich white assholes to act like rich white assholes getting attacked, but even that hasn't been enough for these sorry sacks of shit.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:52 AM   #411
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Another election was held Tuesday, and once again another Repugnican loss. This time in Kentucky, in another solid red district.

2018 is really looking like a good year for the Repugnicans let me tell you....

Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #412
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
Another election was held Tuesday, and once again another Repugnican loss. This time in Kentucky, in another solid red district.

2018 is really looking like a good year for the Repugnicans let me tell you....

Trump won 73% of the vote in 2016. Linda Belcher won the Kentucky House seat with 68% of the vote. A 45% turnaround.

"According to an extremely useful comprehensive spreadsheet compiled by Daily Kos, across 70 special elections in 2017, Democrats ran 10 points ahead of Clinton and 7 points ahead of Obama’s 2012 results. Those numbers have accelerated into 2018. Across 14 races, Democrats are running 28 points ahead of Clinton and 14 points ahead of Barack Obama."

Now it's on to the March 13th special election in Pennsylvania between Republican Rick Saconne and Democrat Conor Lamb in a heavily Republican Pittsburgh suburb. Trump won the district by 20 points in 2016. The latest polls have Lamb trailing by 3%.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:33 AM   #413
assfucker
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
stuff you said...
Small problem with your argument. There is no god.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #414
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Talking Would you believe...

Quote:
Small problem with your argument. There is no god.

Small problem with your argument. There is only one way for you to find out.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #415
assfucker
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Small problem with your argument. There is only one way for you to find out.
There is nothing to find out. You can't prove an argument by saying it's not able to be proven.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #416
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Lightbulb Pull the nail out of your shoe...

Pull the nail out of your shoe, you're running around in a circle. You can find out if you're wrong or not. One small problem with the method, you won't be able to tell us if you're right or wrong, once you prove it to yourself.

Quote:
There is nothing to find out. You can't prove an argument by saying it's not able to be proven.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #417
assfucker
Account Disabled

Google Bayesian reasoning. Clearly you don't understand how reality works.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #418
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I wasn't trying to come down hard on you. Your post was the 2nd one I saw today stating the same thing. The point of your post seemed to be that by having guns mounted in the back of pickups there would be no mass shootings. The point of my post was that there is absolutely no correlation between the 2.

I do appreciate you stating that it is BOTH a mental health issue AND a gun issue. Very few gun rights advocates would ever say that. So often I hear "guns don't kill people, people kill people" which is certainly true. However guns make it so much easier to kill people and the AR 15, even without the gun stock used in Las Vegas, seems to be the weapon of choice these days by these killers.
There are two reasons why these school shootings happen. One is because these killers copy each other. If there were no school shootings before then no one would ever have the idea to do it. It's sort of a fad. The second is that no matter how many times this happens the schools still make no plans as to what to do should it happen at their school. Schools are still gun free zones, and when a shooter appears the Principal and the "resource officer" both head for the hills out of cowardly fear. Then when the local police arrive they refuse to enter the building until "back up" arrives. It's a joke. The Principal needs to have a good automatic rifle in his office. The coaches need to have handguns available. When a shooter arrives they need to run to the scene of the assault and defend the kids. If that happened once this fad would be over.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #419
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
There are two reasons why these school shootings happen. One is because these killers copy each other.
And, try to up the body count.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #420
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
There are two reasons why these school shootings happen. One is because these killers copy each other. If there were no school shootings before then no one would ever have the idea to do it. It's sort of a fad. The second is that no matter how many times this happens the schools still make no plans as to what to do should it happen at their school. Schools are still gun free zones, and when a shooter appears the Principal and the "resource officer" both head for the hills out of cowardly fear. Then when the local police arrive they refuse to enter the building until "back up" arrives. It's a joke. The Principal needs to have a good automatic rifle in his office. The coaches need to have handguns available. When a shooter arrives they need to run to the scene of the assault and defend the kids. If that happened once this fad would be over.

First, you should maybe look up the definitely of a fad. School shootings aren't a fad. They've occurred too often over a long period of time to be considered that. Second, what an idiotic thing to say, if one school shooting didn't happen at the beginning, there would be none now. That's some moronic logic. So if one person had never drunk too much and got in a car the first time, no one would have ever done it? No. It was going to happen because we have guns and we have people who want to hurt people for varies reasons (including themselves). Thirdly, your plan is idiotic in that the people doing the shootings are the kids who would have had the training you talk about. For a plan to be effective, you would have to teach the kids what to do, where to go. And your shooter would know these things. You can arm your coaches and principals but they aren't trained for combat. You can know how to shoot a gun but that doesn't mean you have the skills to hit a moving target, or be accurate when someone is shooting at you, or that you have the ability to take someone else's life. Those people would also have no idea the number of shooters or how skilled the shooters are. If you send people to deal with a group that outnumbers them, they are probably gonna end up killed. If you send them to against people who are trained better and willing to kill, they could die. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Your plan isn't going to stop a determined kid from killing students.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women