Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59935
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47558
pyramider46370
bambino40327
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 09-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #16
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
I'd bet that climate change is a lot more important to the people of Bastrop County today than it was a couple of weeks ago.

Come on, Booth, you know better than this. Wildfires have been part of this planet for thousands of years.
"
  • In the early 1900s, wildfire commonly consumed 40-50 million acres annually, an area the size of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware combined.
40-50 MILLION ACRES ANNUALLY in the early 1900's. Was human induced Global Warming to blame back then too?

I understand your reluctance to support Bachmann but wouldn't that same reasoning apply to Perry? Their religious beliefs are almost identical.
Booth, I'm on the record as saying that I wish there was a choice OTHER than Perry vs Obama or Romney vs Obama that had a realistic shot at the Presidency. At this point, I'm not sure either one could win and I have issues with some of the stances that both of them have. I don't like Perry on Immigration, I don't like Romney on Gun control etc etc. I would have loved to see a strong third and even fourth candidate emerge (other than the current crop) but we got stuck with what we have. Yes, his strong religious views do worry me some.
DTorrchia is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #17
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTorrchia View Post
Come on, Booth, you know better than this. Wildfires have been part of this planet for thousands of years.
We should probably agree to disagree regarding climate change. If you don't recognize or accept it, your mind won't be changed on a message board.

I predict that Perry's positions on climate change and Social Security will be his undoing.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #18
Booth
Valued Poster

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...ad?sc=fb&cc=fp
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #19
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Climate change I thought it was global warming?? Coming soon next winter global cooling.

The same old liberal jack offs slamming the other side. They are kinda like a broken record.
WyldemanATX is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #20
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
We should probably agree to disagree regarding climate change. If you don't recognize or accept it, your mind won't be changed on a message board.

Do I think the climate is changing, that the planet has been in a warming cycle? Of course I do. What I dispute is how much of that change is human induced and how much is the natural life cycle of this planet. At one point we had an Ice Age on this planet. I sincerely doubt it was human induced, lol. Do I believe our gases contribute to global warming? I'm sure they have an effect. How much of an effect is what Scientists have been debating and what they themselves can't seem to agree on.
http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow...192334971.html

I predict that Perry's positions on climate change and Social Security will be his undoing.
I certainly agree with you that it could be. Although I understand his point when he talks about Social Security, using phrases like "Ponzi scheme" and "Big Lie" aren't going to make the elderly or many other Americans feel warm and fuzzy. Getting rid of Social Security isn't the answer either in my opinion. Passing legislation to restore the long term solvency of the SS Trust Fund is what is needed. This is what he should be talking about.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
Climate change I thought it was global warming?? Coming soon next winter global cooling.

The same old liberal jack offs slamming the other side. They are kinda like a broken record.
You're showing your lack of knowledge again. Global warming is just one of the consequences of climate change.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #22
Booth
Valued Poster

@D'T: there are some things we can agree on.

@Wylde: Grow up. Take a look at the exchange I just had with D'T. We strongly disagree on some issues, it might seem a little heated at times (not really, in my opinion, but different readers can interpret things differently) and we might not even like each other (can't say I know the guy so I neither like nor dislike him) but we're able to have a civil discussion without resorting to childish name calling. Almost everyone in this forum is able to have civil discussions without name calling. Why can't you even try it?
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #23
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Quote:
@D'T: there are some things we can agree on.

@Wylde: Grow up. Take a look at the exchange I just had with D'T. We strongly disagree on some issues, it might seem a little heated at times (not really, in my opinion, but different readers can interpret things differently) and we might not even like each other (can't say I know the guy so I neither like nor dislike him) but we're able to have a civil discussion without resorting to childish name calling. Almost everyone in this forum is able to have civil discussions without name calling. Why can't you even try it?
Because it is stupid. Having a somewhat civil political debate does not make you a grown up. This is a SHMB and I will make fun of your views all day long.

Climate change is the new buzz word. There is no proven information that it even exists and your spokesperson Al Gore is a nut job.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #24
Booth
Valued Poster

Since you admit you're here for no other reason than to make fun of others, perhaps we should poll the membership to see if you should be allowed to stay. That's not how I'd like to see it go down but if you're only here to disrupt there aren't many alternatives. If I were a mod I'd probably give you a 30 day vacation from the Sandbox every time you resorted to name calling. 60 days for GFE J because his language is much nastier.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #25
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

F-taco is a bad name WOW. F-dud has called me much worse. Booth you can not dictate who can and who can not comment in area just because you do not like what they have to say. Get some thicker skin.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #26
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
F-taco is a bad name WOW. F-dud has called me much worse. Booth you can not dictate who can and who can not comment in area just because you do not like what they have to say. Get some thicker skin.
From now on you'll be referred to as "The Blight".
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #27
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

You will be referred to as Debbie downer. Turn that frown upside down Booty!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
Booth
Valued Poster

http://youtu.be/sTZrMNPhQAc

You're welcome.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #29
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

Booth, you're a riot, lol. I'll admit, I laughed at the video. In honor of Obama's speech in a few hours, I thought I'd post my own Youtube video as a reminder of who helped get our Country to this point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4A0RuXhnQA
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #30
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Nice video DT. Nothing like stale McCain "underground" YT to put things in perspective.

It's all one big Ponzi scheme, right?

I'm with you Booth. Perry's positions on climate change, Social Security are very easy to bring him down on. Maybe even enough so the real intellectual, financial and social corruption that dwell at his core may not need to be exposed.

But you ARE dealing with Gov. Mofo, so it's likely he'll expose those things himself as he panders to one group or another. His stubbornness over the HPV thing is REALLY going to piss off the base he's trying to court, for example.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women