Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Alabama > The Sandbox - Alabama
The Sandbox - Alabama The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 11-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
Hangtime
Gaining Momentum

Default Insight About E-Cigs?

With a recent health scare and advancing age the time has come for me to quit smoking. As an infrequent poster and a long-time lurker of both ASPD and ECCIE, I am aware of the prevailing sentiment on this board (and society in general) about smoking, and I am prepared to be flamed for bringing up this topic, so here goes.

Do any of you folks have any experience with e-cigs? I admit it; I enjoy smoking, not always, not all the time, but enough to keep lighting up to the tune of about 4 packs per week. I am curious about e-cigs because it allows the reforming smoker to continue the physical manifestation of the act, which, I believe for myself anyway, to be as much of an addiction as is the delivery of nicotine. For me, when I am really stressed-out, just the physical aspect of lighting and smoking a cigarette is calming. Any insight that anyone could offer on their experience with e-cigs would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hangtime is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Encounters: 116

Hey Hangtime:

This is the fine place for a topic like this one. Unfortunately, all I know about ecigs is that I have some friends using them, and they look a bit silly when they do. But they do seem to help them.

Now, more important, I love your avatar! Looks like two BRMs in about '65 or '66 at the Nurburgring or maybe Spa. Very cool!

JaG
JustaGuyinMS is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Hangtime
Gaining Momentum

Indeed, Jackie Stewart leading Graham Hill, both in BRMs at the old Nurburgring, or Nordschleife (Northern Loop), in 1966. Stewart called the Nordschleife the "Green Hell" and said upon leaving for the German Grand Prix each season that he would take one last look at his home because he feared he would never see it again. In 1968 Stewart recorded what he would call his greatest victory, winning by over 4 minutes at the Nurburgring in rainy/foggy conditions, while driving with a cast on one wrist.

Back on topic, I've been researching e-cigs online, but would really like some firsthand information about these things if anyone would like to share.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
HeatherNicole
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9675
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm interested to see the responses in this thread. I have been wondering about them for a while.
HeatherNicole is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Still have no information about e-cigs, but in 1967 I gave Jackie Stewart a cold Coke after his car broke on the Nordschleife and he was walking back to the pits - that was a couple weeks after seeing my hero, Dan Gurney, win at Spa. Missed the German race in 1968, but saw Stewart lap the field at Zandvoort then let his teammate back on the same lap so they were the only ones on the lead lap. Damn, F1 was so much better in those days.

How's that for keeping two topics alive in the same thread.

JaG
Old 11-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
RegularFemale205
Account Disabled

User ID: 106997

Never been a smoker, I have heard it helps keep you calm.
RegularFemale205 is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Hangtime
Gaining Momentum

I was really hoping to find out a little more info about the e-cigs, surely some of you have had some experience with them.

JaG, gotta say I am green with envy upon reading that you have been to F1 races at both the Nordschleife and the old, full Spa circuit, damn! Now that's cool! Were you in Europe for the summer, or were you part of the traveling circus? How about Monza, Reims, Charade, Rouen, Solitude, Pau, Silverstone, and/or other circuits?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Hangtime:

Have you searched using ask.com? That might give you some additional info.

Now back to the fun topic - I was there in green, living in Germany, although my stay got cut a bit short so I could visit a SE Asian vacation land. While in Europe, I got to Nurburgring once, Spa twice, and Zandvoort and Monaco once each. I wasn't far from Hockenheim and saw some races there, including the F2 race when Clark was killed. My first F1 race was USGP in 1966, when I got back to the East Coast in the early '70s, I saw numerous USGPs, a couple Canadian and Detroit GPs, and the last F1 race in Long Beach. Haven't been to a F1 race since then, but I still watch them. I get my race fix mostly through SCCA races now.

JaG
Old 11-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
saintsFanChris
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

good luck on your conquest of your nicotine addiction.
saintsFanChris is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
HeatherNicole
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9675
My ECCIE Reviews

Hangtime I don't know if you ever got any more info on E cigarettes or not so I thought I would throw in my experience. I started using E cigarettes after Thanksgiving after meeting a hobbyist who smoked them. It is different and takes a bit to get use to but it is slowly working for me. For the most part now I smoke my ecigarette and occasionally smoke a real cigarette. I am down to 4 or 5 actual cigarettes a day now and really enjoy them.
HeatherNicole is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
guest051312
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Hangtime. Been using e-cigs for a month now, down side is getting the refills. Most are only available online. I bought a cheap one to try it out and did get the nicotine effect from it. I then bought some liquid nicotine to refill them.But the atomizer quit on me. I recommend getting one that has 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 10 carts and a refill bottle, most come with chargers, one for the house and one for the car. It seems to work for me, but I was just told to quite or die last month so I took the easy way out. Nice thing is I can use them in non smoking areas. LOL Good luck
guest051312 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #12
Alobar
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

I only smoke when I drink and then only about 20% of the time. I had a friend that's a pack a day offer me one. It's heavy and like putting you're lips around a battery. Yhea, you suck in and something resembling smoke comes out, that's it. I gave it back and lit up a Marlboro Light.
Alobar is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
LgTdyBr
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5
Default Almost Hate To Bring It But...

...Lacey Compaion has been using the things for over a year now. Maybe you can get her to join the discussion.
LgTdyBr is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
lle
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14
Default e-cigs

I smoked for over 50 years. Started e-cigs 1st week of July and haven't gone back. Nothing works unless you've made up your mind to quit.
lle is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women