Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160551
Yssup Rider59921
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47534
pyramider46370
bambino40317
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #166
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

Uranus is tilted over on its side 90 degrees with respect to the plane of its orbit around the sun.

Conservation of angular momentum means that once a planet is spinning, it cannot stop unless an outside force acts on it to brake the rotation.
Be careful, COG will try'n tilt Uranus over 90 degree's!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #167
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Well if you are happy to know that you came from an ape than so be it- I will have faith in God you can have faith in King Kong or whatever ape you think your ancestors evolved from.
And if you're happy to be preaching about God on a hooker board, I'm happy to be monkeying around!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #168
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
There are a lot of misconceptions about God

One of the biggest is that God is love.
Love is an attribute of God but God is not love.

The true essence of God is power.
If he is then he is the one in charge.

There are a great number of things that I think
that I would disagree with God about and a
great number of things I would do differently.

But I don't remember him asking.

If he is, then he is the boss and gets to make the rules.

Ant on a railroad track shaking his fist at an oncoming train,
yelling at it to get off of his track-------Splat!
I think it's safe to say that God's nature is beyond our comprehension.

There's a Buddhist saying regarding true wisdom: He who speaks does not know; he who knows does not speak.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #169
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Wow a good religious thread...been a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
What if....COG is really God , just testing our patience?

Thats easy...its not COG, but it is Dearhunter. Heh
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #170
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I agree.

"Common sense is not so common."
Voltaire

PS Voltaire believed in God. His last written words were:

“I die adoring God, loving my friends, not hating my enemies, and detesting superstition."
http://www.adherents.com/people/pv/Voltaire.html

Voltaire made an official deathbed affirmation of Catholic beliefs, but his intentions in doing so are disputed. Like his writing, many of his activities consisted of multi-layered satire. There is no way to know conclusively what his motivation was. Certainly, from a cultural and literary perspective, Voltaire was deeply involved in Catholicism more than any other religion, often to the consternation of the Catholic Church
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #171
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Be careful, COG will try'n tilt Uranus over 90 degree's!

LMMFAO,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post

That very well could be. Heh. Lol
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #172
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
Voltaire
Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #173
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I think it's safe to say that God's nature is beyond our comprehension.

Yes he is beyond your comprehension just like Santa was beyond mine at one point!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #174
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes he is beyond your comprehension just like Santa was beyond mine at one point!

So now you're saying there's no Santa Claus?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #175
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

OK. Let's take the BS one distortion at a time:

Quote:
WTF is the bible is such a Fable can you please tell me how Moses got the creation order correct:

1. Light separated from darkness. How does light "separate" from darkness? Darkness only exists where there is insufficient light and an observer that is around to take note of how "dim" it is. Even in the deepest reaches of space, there is light - however faint - from distant stars.

2. Creation of the earth covered in water. No. It was dry at first and red hot. The earth was a flaming hot volcanic rock with no water on it for however many millions of years. Eventually, as it cooled down, rocks (comets) carrying ice from deep space smashed into it and the ice was vaporized into steam by the hot planet. Eventually, when the earth cooled enough, the water vapor condensed into rain and puddles began to form. And eventually oceans formed in the low spots on the uneven rocky surface of the earth. And that process continues to this very day. We are still bombarded by bits of ice from space every day.

3. The separation of the dry land from the seas. No. See above. The dry land already existed and was quite hot. The water filled in the low spots as the land cooled. There was no separation of the dry land from the seas.

4 - 6. The creation of plants in a particular order - grasses, shrubs and fruit bearing trees. From less complex to more complex. Just like evolution would do. Maybe the ancient writers of the Bible were just following common sense?

7. The placing of the heavenly bodies in relationship to the earth (this is often explained as the clearing of the atmosphere enough to see these creations). Wrong also. The heavenly bodies (stars, galaxies, etc.) existed long before the earth. They were not placed there in relationship to the earth, since the earth did not even exist yet.

8-11 The creation of animal life in a particular order - fish, birds, land animals, live stock. From less complex to more complex. Just like evolution would do. Maybe the ancient writers of the Bible were just following common sense?

12. The creation of man

In other words Moses had less than one chance in 479 million of just correctly guessing. From what ass was that number pulled?

Think of the problem like this. Take a deck of cards. Keep just one suit -let's say hearts. Toss out the ace. Hand the remaining twelve cards to a one year old child. Ask him/her to hand you the cards one at a time. In order. What are the chances said toddler will start with the two and give them all to you in order right up to the king? It's a basic probability question (no, come back! forget I said anything about math.) I'll just tell you the answer. It's one chance in 479,001,600. (If you want the formula it's below)

OK. So the odds of drawings the cards in the correct order is 1 in 480 million. How exactly do you tie that to what Moses supposedly wrote? Who says that what Moses wrote is a random process, like drawing cards? It isn't.

As an initial matter, he did NOT get the order right - see above.

Second, a person exercising ordinary common sense would realize that you have to have an earth first, in order for the ocean to be located on something. And animals and plants would probably be formed from less complex to more complex. So the writings in Genesis are NOT equivalent to a random process.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #176
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
Voltaire
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
Doris Egan, House M.D., House vs. God, 2006
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #177
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default It's A Wonderful Life!

Quote:
For me, no longer a Santa.

For kids, yes...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #178
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Blasphemy!
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #179
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
two of the greatest/wealthiest con men ever

Attachment 196324

Attachment 196325
Joel Olsteen is a two bit huckster, writing his phony ass books on "how to be successful"

OK dipwad, try this. You take over a mega chrurch when your old man dies and just keep raking in the cash. That's how you really did it.

The truth is, old man Olsteen is probably rolling over in his grave. He was a fire breathing "your going straight to hell if you don't repent' pentacostal that built a ministry up on the upper east side of Houston by preying upon peoples insecurities.

Joel's accountants probably told him to "tone it down and go for the "River Oaks Crowd'. This 'let's all be good little boys and girls" pablum that he feeds to his flock every Sunday now would make his old man fume.

By the way. When the City of Houston could not afford the upkeep on the old Summit, (where the Rockets used to play), Joel just wrote them a check for it, then spent millions renevating the place.

Ain't God great.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #180
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
OLD T you are seriously wrong and I challenge you to quote your sources
[B]This is a known law of science, which those who believe in Evolution cannot do away with. It is known as the Conservation of angular momentum Here is the definition:The law of conservation of angular momentum states that when no external torque acts on an object or a closed system of objects, no change of angular momentum can occur. Hence, the angular momentum before an event involving only internal torques or no torques is equal to the angular momentum after the event. This conservation law mathematically follows from isotropy, or continuous directional symmetry of space (no direction in space is any different from any other direction).

This matter which is said to have created the planets would all need to spin in the same direction as the object it came from. So therefore, all of the planets should be spinning in the same direction.

However two of them are not. Venus and Uranus spin backwards

Old T you might want to go re-read that law-
You are in far over your depth. You may have READ it but your interpretation is seriously flawed. By YOUR thinking, a diver could never do a summersault.

Let I look a a very simple example. A point mass, not moving, not rotation. It's angular momentum is zero.

Then suppose it splits into two pieces via an explosion. Because of the explosion, let us assume it spins "clockwise" as seen from some reference system at a rate of 2 radians per second. Let us call that a "positive" angular momentum.

Then, since the TOTAL angular momentum is conserved, and since the initial angular momentum was zero, the second post-explosion piece must have a NEGATIVE angular momentum, which means it is spinning in a counterclockwise direction. It need not be spinning at the same 2 radians per second because the mass and shape of the second piece might be differnt, but it MUST be spinning in the opposite direction so the total angular momuntum sums to zero.

Also, there is nothing that says all the planets in a single solar system must sum to zero, or all spin in the same way.

The conservation of angular momentum means:

AFTER the big bang, the TOTAL (whole universe, not any single solar system or planet) angular momentum is the same as the TOTAL angular momentum of the pre-big-bang state. Nowere does anything imply this initial amount was zero.

Whether 2 planets in our little corner of the universe spin in a different direction from the other planets is 100% meaningless in terms of the conservation of angular momentum in the universe.

You get a very clear "F" on that question I'm afraid.

Sorry EXNY, I responded before seeing your reply. Yours is better worded than mine.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women