Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160433
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47487
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35278
Mojojo33117

Old 11-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Nicolet
Account Disabled

User ID: 22480
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Veterans Day

I come from a military family and have a great deal of respect for those who lay their lives down for all Americans.
Today I met a gentleman while I was shopping and he had a Vietnam Veteran t-shirt on, he had his grandson with him. I walked up to him and asked if he served in that war and he said yes. I put out my hand and said “thank you for your service”, he reached out and shook my hand saying “you’re welcome”. My eyes started to fill as I walked away, and as I left, he said, “They won’t let me sign up again!” He said it in a joking fashion, but just the fact that he SAID it, struck a cord in me. I almost lost it.
I have wanted to visit the World War II Museum in New Orleans, but I don’t think I would make it through without making a complete fool of myself by getting emotional.
To all our veterans who have served our country, I say thank you.
Nicolet is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
LovelyLolita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 96119
My ECCIE Reviews

I am a veteran, but honestly don't feel like one. I didn't go overseas or really do anything (that I thing anyways) was important. But I do know what it feels like to serve, and I proudly salute all those who did
LovelyLolita is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
When You Are Ready
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I did four years of active duty and 25 years in the Guard.

When You Are Ready is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
getsum69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Your welcum!! I would do it again if God would issue me more younger years. Semper Fi!!
getsum69 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Old Horn Dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLolita View Post
I am a veteran, but honestly don't feel like one. I didn't go overseas or really do anything (that I thing anyways) was important. But I do know what it feels like to serve, and I proudly salute all those who did
I'm w/LL--I never know what to say when people thank me, b/c although harassed & over-worked @ times (although not always), my service including actual physical danger was few & far between. Also, I felt generously-compensated for my service. Sometimes I felt overworked--I never felt under-paid: it's odd but there it is. Anyway, I feel the same way when I see these, what look like children to me now, in their BDU's @ airports flying off to God-knows-where--they're the ones I want to thank & buy them some geedunk & they're the ones who really deserve the thanks.
Old Horn Dog is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
rex111999
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

I will say it was an honor to serve. And to LL and OHD, you signed up and new what the consequences could result in. I respect anyone who has said "I am volunteering to do what my country needs me to do."

Thanks Nicolet, for starting this thread.
rex111999 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Arverni
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLolita View Post
LOL - I was an E-9 and served overseas and I don't feel like a vet either! I did support the WWII vets during the government shutdown - with my long hair and everything ... nobody really thought I was a vet in that crowd but they appreciated me being there.

When I retired, I decided to start a new life and not try to lean on that stuff I did in the military. It was fun - but it's over and the next phase begins. If you don't do this then you are just constantly mired in the past and you will never accomplish anything else in life. My old shipmates, when they see me, they call me "Master Chief" ... I tell them ... "Nope - I have a name now". LOL
Arverni is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
getsum69
Valued Poster

Honestly...I dont make a big deal about it. I wanted that title since I was a kid. I dont know what else to say when someone says ty.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
ilovethemgirls68
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

I'm a vet and proud of it! Served in Desert Storm, 4 years active 8 years National Guard. Whether you served during peace or wartime you did a great service to our country. Much more than the average complaining citizen has done! In addition some of my favorite providers were vets. Lolita, that explains your dedication to service! ;-)
ilovethemgirls68 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
getsum69
Valued Poster

I agree
Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Old Horn Dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arverni View Post
LOL - I was an E-9 and served overseas and I don't feel like a vet either! I did support the WWII vets during the government shutdown - with my long hair and everything ... nobody really thought I was a vet in that crowd but they appreciated me being there.

When I retired, I decided to start a new life and not try to lean on that stuff I did in the military. It was fun - but it's over and the next phase begins. If you don't do this then you are just constantly mired in the past and you will never accomplish anything else in life. My old shipmates, when they see me, they call me "Master Chief" ... I tell them ... "Nope - I have a name now". LOL
I knew you were a MCPO although I don't know your rate. But you have NO idea how many times when we're arguing about something I've nearly typed, "Now G*DDAMMIT Master-Chief!.." which I spent a fair amount of MY career saying, both "up" & "down".

I agree w/the way you look @ it though Arv. Too many times, guys (and I DO mean men--women don't seem to have this particular psychological issue or not have it as often, maybe b/c they have their crises @ other triggering events: children grown, death of spouse, etc.?) retire (not just military--I mean retire from anything) & have nothing left to live for. It sucks for them & those who care about them. Having a plan to do something else, ANYTHING else, is a good one. Retirement, overall, kills people I'm convinced: I meet a lot of guys who really are just sort-of waiting to die after they retire, yet you're young enough & in many cases now (far more than even 20-30 yrs ago) still are healthy enough to productively embark on another career or at least do a decent job @ something.

You may not call bouncing a career, but you have a job you seem to like, some free time, etc. It's not a bad place to be in--I'm not saying your life is perfect or you never have cause to bitch, I'm saying I think you've done a smart thing & I hope I can structure mine in a similar way. You & I fundamentally disagree about some things, but the way you have structured & planned post-retirement for yourself strikes me as admirable.

And to those guys like getsum69 & ILTG68 who enlisted before I did (they weren't QUITE desperate enough for me yet in July 1990), so actually made it to Gulf I, THANK YOU! And LL too!--I knew you were a veteran, you told me awhile back. I have GOT to plan better so I can visit again before Xmas...
Old Horn Dog is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
DiscoStick
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Veterans can get free meals at both Hooters and Twin Peaks on Monday.
DiscoStick is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #14
jayded_angel
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168967
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanx for givin me a right to run my mouth rex!!
jayded_angel is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
gimme_that
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Now I see why lovely lolita doesn't have any NO-GO's here lol.
gimme_that is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women