Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 04-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #16
Toyz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip_8 View Post
Considering that you will spend 250 per hour of fun on a regular basis, why not buy the two top contenders and see which one you prefer? Then gift the loser.

Think about it like paying for a one hour session that didn't work out. But at least, you got to pick a winner with the other.

Yeah, but I can't remember the last time I paid $250 for a session!

And if they suck I'll send them back and get a different pair. Despite the non boutique name, they ARE exceptional headphones. Its like wine in my opinion. Coppola wines are massed produced and largely crap...but their top of the line Rubicon is exceptional. That's how I feel about these headphones. So does every online review incan find. When you are jamming to AC/DC searching out the high note for the perfect pitch is not the goal anyway
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #17
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Here are my final 4

PSB M4U 1

Master & Dynamic MH40

Blue Microphones Mo-Fi

NAD VISO HP50

I like the NAD's (and own) due to lack of subwoofer bass (AKA thumping noise) and sound very much like my Mourdaunt-Short MS-50i's that I love. But you should have looked at the PSB's before buying the Sony's. The price gets a lot better when you can use an Industry Accommodation Discount (IAD) of nearly 50% off MSRP. Maybe you can get to know a Martin-Logan Rep like I do....
RandB fan is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #18
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandB fan View Post
Here are my final 4

PSB M4U 1

Master & Dynamic MH40

Blue Microphones Mo-Fi

NAD VISO HP50

I like the NAD's (and own) due to lack of subwoofer bass (AKA thumping noise) and sound very much like my Mourdaunt-Short MS-50i's that I love. But you should have looked at the PSB's before buying the Sony's. The price gets a lot better when you can use an Industry Accommodation Discount (IAD) of nearly 50% off MSRP. Maybe you can get to know a Martin-Logan Rep like I do....

Love the look of the M&D's!

Unfortunately I only need the one pair or would splurge on one of the great ideas so many offered here.
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #19
junkweed
Account Disabled

I like semi-open for comfort and prefer AKG 240 or 240 MK II's but they may be a little plain for this crowd. Closed back options tend to get warm.
junkweed is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #20
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkweed View Post
I like semi-open for comfort and prefer AKG 240 or 240 MK II's but they may be a little plain for this crowd. Closed back options tend to get warm.
And that's a concern. Sometimes I'll have them on for multi hours so comfort is one of the primary factoids.

If they are too hot, I'll likely dump them and move away from over the ears models.
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 AM   #21
happybanana
Valued Poster

I like my Klipsch Reference headphones... Comfy, they breath and have the great Klipch sound. I always thought Bose products sound "tinny", but know if you are a fan of theirs, you will stick with them for life.

Happy Rocking!

HB
happybanana is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:00 AM   #22
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybanana View Post
I like my Klipsch Reference headphones... Comfy, they breath and have the great Klipch sound. I always thought Bose products sound "tinny", but know if you are a fan of theirs, you will stick with them for life.

Happy Rocking!

HB
I never looked at these but normally I dislike ANYTHING they make that isn't vintage.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:40 AM   #23
happybanana
Valued Poster

RandB, understand. Paul was a true innovator. I got an opportunity to go to their lab and production facility many years back... I went into their "anechoic" chammber and saw an original Heresy speaker (worlds most efficient speaker at 110 dbs on 1watt)... Very impressive.
The headphones I mentioned have the same Klipachhorn technology in them... And no, I don't work for them. Just good stuff.

HB
happybanana is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #24
OdieO
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6

B&W makes a great pair as well as Grado. Check out audiogon.com
OdieO is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #25
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Keep you Klipsch's, headphones or otherwise, they are like owning a Peugeot IMHO. If only Totem or martin Logan made headphones!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybanana View Post
RandB, understand. Paul was a true innovator. I got an opportunity to go to their lab and production facility many years back... I went into their "anechoic" chammber and saw an original Heresy speaker (worlds most efficient speaker at 110 dbs on 1watt)... Very impressive.
The headphones I mentioned have the same Klipachhorn technology in them... And no, I don't work for them. Just good stuff.

HB
Old 04-04-2015, 02:52 AM   #26
RandB fan
Valued Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7hdB32_miw
Old 04-05-2015, 12:00 AM   #27
tron
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Listen to Sony's MDRV6. These are quite a bit under your budget and very good. They don't boost bass, so they are great for jazz or many other types of music.

They are good enough that in Dada's song Disneyland, when a glass bottle is dropped on the floor following the line 'I just dropped a fifth of gin', you can hear the ringing sound of the glass. With some others, you might just hear a buzzing sound at that point.

I have MDRV6s and Bose QC-15s, and usually use the Bose. I only use headphones when I am trying to block other noise from distracting me.
tron is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #28
Parsifal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 87

I second the Sony MDR V6's. The design has been in production since the 70's and it's still as rock solid as ever. They produce accurately your source materials, thus the studio monitor moniker.

I can also vouch for the Sennheiser Pro HD 280's once they're broken in. I own both currently, use both daily, and both are right around $100.

You can spend $300 if you want, but why?
Parsifal is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #29
junkweed
Account Disabled

Why don't we get a show of hands from everyone that has a small project studio at home? Judging by some of your choices it's not just me.
junkweed is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women