Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47416
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 07-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
motor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 61
Default NFL

Ok, for some time we all have seen the NFL has allowed protests for the players that feel they need to protest. NFL , had come up with a "rule" that would let a player either stay in the locker room or be on the field and take a knee and get fined. B ut that wasn't good enough for some players. My solution is to stop playing the anthem. Then there would be no one to to protest it. The players would pick a different platform to air their grievances. This is what should happen. Lets see if the players are actually concerned about injustice or if they are more interested in numbers. This is just my opinion.
motor is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
outdoorguy
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 12

Personally I think most professional sports players are a bunch of prima donnas. They are probably the worst role models for our youth. These so called protests are completely asinine. Standing for the anthem is a show of respect for our country and the people that have given their lives in defense of it. Protesting police shootings is a great way to make them feel better about themselves, but thats about all its good for. Maybe they should think about putting some of the ridiculous amount of money they make to play a game towards creating a PAC with the goal of reforming our kinda fucked up LE community rather than disrespecting the country that has quite simple given them a great life.
outdoorguy is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:22 PM   #3
billw1032
Valued Poster

My solution is simply to not watch the NFL. I can find better uses for my time. These players need to understand that they are in a business, and the customer pays their multi-million dollar salaries. The vast majority of the demographic that makes up NFL viewers doesn't want to see what they're doing. When it starts hurting their salaries, they'll get the message.
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:09 PM   #4
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

You should stand for the National Anthem.

This country has become a bunch of whiners who are more interested in their self serving causes and most of them are for the sake of Political Correctnesses.

Everything is either offensive or racist when it's not.

Then with the advent of social media, they are creating all kind of BS causes just so they can get their gazillion likes on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and whatever.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:45 AM   #5
BossyWillson
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
This country has become a bunch of whiners who are more interested in their self serving causes and most of them are for the sake of Political Correctness's.
Everything is either offensive or racist when it's not.

This country is going down hill fast.
BossyWillson is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #6
Bonferroni
Valued Poster

Encounters: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by billw1032 View Post
My solution is simply to not watch the NFL. I can find better uses for my time. These players need to understand that they are in a business, and the customer pays their multi-million dollar salaries. The vast majority of the demographic that makes up NFL viewers doesn't want to see what they're doing. When it starts hurting their salaries, they'll get the message.
Your solution and many others, especially in the segments that are coveted by advertisers. As a league, the NFL has really screwed this up. The other professional sports acted early and appropriately, and they have no problems.

Ratings have dropped, and I shake my head in disbelief when the NFL claims it is due to concussions. So as they let this National Anthem kneeling continue to fester, the ratings will continue to fall, as well as revenue from advertisers. And they will do long lasting damage to their brand.

I decided not to watch pro games last year. I thought I was going to really miss it. But I did not. College football met my gridiron fix, and I appreciated more time on Sunday and Mondays. Don’t be surprised if college football starts playing games on Sunday.
Bonferroni is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:27 AM   #7
CG2014
Premium Access

In my entire life I have only been to 3 NFL games and only because someone gifted me extra tickets.

I did buy tickets one time for a Cowboys home game and they were cheap $270 tickets.

Then when I found out weeks prior to the game that I wouldn't be able to attend, Ticketmaster would not refund me my money, say they have some contract with the Dallas Cowboys about you buy it you are stuck with it.

But when I made the purchase and read all the fine prints before submitting my order and payment method, nowhere in those fine prints did they mention no refund and everything that I am getting ready to say in the next few paragraphs.

You could put them back on the Ticketmaster website as a ticket holder selling extra tickets but you won't get the full face value of what you paid for them.

Selling them on Craiglist was also not an option, something about the way those tickets are barcoded or something making them not transferable - same rule applied if you tried to give them away to a friend or family member.

Again, this was something that was stipulated by the Dallas Cowboys organization.

EDIT: I bought them online and not through a physical store ticket seller. So my tickets were in the funny square looking thing that you can scan and they were send to my phone into my iPhone wallet thingy.

You had to show both of those on your phone at the gate for them to scan to gain access to the stadium. They were not printable. Also there was no way to transfer them.

I could had taken a screenshot of them and send the screenshot to my email and then print them out and use those print outs as physical tickets when I sell them to someone but I don't think the people at the AT&T stadium entrances will accept them and I also don't think an experience ticket buyer will accept them as valid tickets.

I have purchased tickets on Ticketmaster to concerts and other events and been able to cancel them ahead of time for a refund or sell them online to a stranger or gift them to someone.

So I put them on the Ticketmaster site as resale and no one bought them even at an average of about $40 each less what I paid for.

I ended up eating the entire cost of what I paid for them including fees and taxes.

I wonder how many people went through the same thing I did and how many millions of $ are the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Fuckhead Asshole Jones making this way and leaving people out holding tickets they are not able to use.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #8
Agent220
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Being a minority that was first generation college and graduated, my take on this is quite a bit different.

For one, much of these players do donate to causes that involve either health, welfare or social justice programs that speak out about police brutality, institutional racism and etc.

Had these franchises simply have said from day one, we don't want Colin Kaepernick or Eric Reed on our team because they negatively impact our bottom line, they could of saved themselves a lot of hurt and possibly not have this collusion case get some merit.

As a Cowboys fan, I like the way Jerry has handled the situation. He doesn't mind the players speaking out on these issues just not on game day. The N.Y. Giant's players decided they were going to stand however they have also wanted to reach out to the police commissioner and the mayor in a formal setting to address these issues of police brutality.

Exercising your 1st amendment rights is what makes this country great especially in this context which is peaceful. It's not like Charlottesville where you had a return of the 1950's in which a white power group went out an attacked a black man while marching.

OP, not playing the anthem would enrage those that want the players to stand even more so.

FYI, the NBA requires the players to stand for the anthem. The beauty is the players are encourged to speak on social issues.
Agent220 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #9
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

They have the right to there opinion except while working ( if the team has a rule or NFL)
Side note the NFL needs to be carful it was said above 300 ticket I will sit in my living room and watch on the 75inch TV you see the game better and don't pay 12.00 for a beer.
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #10
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

I agree with everything said so far, and I think the issue is too complex to simply type out a solution. I don't think much can be done at this point, the NFL is irreparably damaged.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #11
billw1032
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I agree with everything said so far, and I think the issue is too complex to simply type out a solution. I don't think much can be done at this point, the NFL is irreparably damaged.
Yep, but Roger Goodell got a nice raise and a fat new contract anyway.
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #12
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Anthem Antoine.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #13
hangryhip
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I don't agree with the fines or penalties. The NFL has a right to put any policy in place for game day. It was only executed poorly. The US government pays the NFL millions of dollars through multiple agencies to put on these patriotic displays. Neutral Politics on Reddit is a good place to go for a lot of issues. https://www.reddit.com/r/NeutralPoli...ts_during_the/
hangryhip is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #14
mikecollin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

You can exercise your first amendment right all day long but your employer does not have to keep you employed if they disagree with your expression. NFL should require every player every coach at every employee to stand for the national anthem. If I was an owner of a NFL team I would fire any player who did not stand for the national anthem.
mikecollin is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #15
CG2014
Premium Access

DANG!

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings Confirm Sudden Death of Offensive Line Coach, Tony Sparano
https://kstp.com/sports/sources-minn...-age-/4999137/

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies