Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47425
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 10-17-2019, 06:36 AM   #1
suspiciouscouch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34
Default PSA - need to ensure confidentiality at the health department

Just a heads-up...
I went to the Allegheny Health Department recently to just do an annual STI screen. It’s free and confidential and I’ve done it for years. Happy to report I have always gotten a good bill of health despite making a few bad choices!

Anyway, after I register with my name and driver’s license and sit down to wait to be called. I get an email from Allegheny Health network saying that my new visit is scheduled. I go into the MyChart app and sure enough - there a new appointment for 5 minutes from now at “CC Confidential Health Program” with the address of the STI clinic.

When I was called back I complained to the nurse and she escalated it to the highest level and said they would fix it.

It was removed sometime later that day.

But

1) I have no idea how they connected me to my AHN record. Driver’s license number maybe?
2) be vigilant in your records. I have family members and friends that are health care providers. Going to the STI clinic when you are married is kinda a red flag.
suspiciouscouch is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
Molly Daniels
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 129390
Location: Cincinnati (home) Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland (tour)
My ECCIE Reviews

If you can get over the 'free' part, and pay for STI testing, you can go straight to a testing lab such as Quest Diagnostics. Book and pay for your appt online, with a fake name if you want, drive to the lab site, pee in a cup and get stuck with a needle, get in and out of there in under 20 mins, and view your results online in 48 hrs.

I use places like Quest, especially when the abortion protestors are out in full force at our Planned parenthood. It's not very fun to walk the gauntlet of Pro-Life christian crusaders when all you need is a coochie-checkup or birth control.
Molly Daniels is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
zip2121
Valued Poster

Encounters: 88

Planned parenthood isnt bad, they are pretty respectful to alternative lifestyles, and if you go to the ones out of the way, no protesters. Greensburg isnt bad. I use my insurance, and no mention of it anywhere else. They called my burner with results no problem.
zip2121 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:52 AM   #4
suspiciouscouch
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Daniels View Post
If you can get over the 'free' part, and pay for STI testing, you can go straight to a testing lab such as Quest Diagnostics. Book and pay for your appt online, with a fake name if you want, drive to the lab site, pee in a cup and get stuck with a needle, get in and out of there in under 20 mins, and view your results online in 48 hrs.

I use places like Quest, especially when the abortion protestors are out in full force at our Planned parenthood. It's not very fun to walk the gauntlet of Pro-Life christian crusaders when all you need is a coochie-checkup or birth control.
Quest doesn’t make you show ID?
Old 10-18-2019, 06:59 AM   #5
Molly Daniels
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 129390
Location: Cincinnati (home) Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland (tour)
My ECCIE Reviews

Nope. Just the paper from the online site showing you (John Doe) paid.

You can take your STD test as soon as you have completed your order and have received your Lab Requisition Form or confidential test code in your email. Our lab technicians require the form or code in order to collect the samples needed for your STD test. The testing centers are open during normal business hours with some open on Saturdays. Visit the testing center nearest you at your convenience.
Molly Daniels is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
suspiciouscouch
Valued Poster

Great tip! Thanks!
I’ll probably use the free clinic for routine stuff, but if I ever have a scare, might go that route. I had a scare once and it was a looooong week waiting for results.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #7
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews

All of our information is being sorted and stored online in the cloud.
Everytime one uses a real ID for any purpose it is filed away and matched up with any other places that it's been used.

Want a quick test to show you?
Next time you make a purchase with a CC at a real store just check out the changes to the click bait ads that show when you're browsing.
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:05 AM   #8
yinzerpgh
Premium Access

Encounters: 44

To OP - I agree that the ACHD clinic is great and I go every 6 months!
I am, however, single so I don't really care that my doc knows, but yeah, I had a similar experience years ago (when they were in Oakland) - I had the G, they gave me the shot and a pill on the spot at the clinic. The next day I get a call from my pharmacy saying that my Z-Pak was available. My doc had called it in! I don't know what part of the orange or yellow forms gives up the ghost, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Before I found the free clinic, I did the online STD test route. Cost me $250, I went to Quest with no questions asked, and within 5-7 business days (which was actually 10 days because I had the samples taken on Thursday) I got my results. That was a long ass week and a half (turned out to be something totally different, not related to STD's...but I digress).

I'm a huge fan of the ACHD clinic. The new location is not nearly as creepy as the place in Oakland was, and the staff are awesome.
yinzerpgh is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #9
Gabrielle
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 36580
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Just to clarify the topic here...

Is it...

Why do hobbyists utilize a FREE clinic if they can afford a LUXURY service, forcing tax payers to pay for your STD testing that you can afford to pay for yourself? As a previous poster noted, this can be done for $250 bucks...so perhaps if you need to utilize a free clinic to participate in a LUXURY HOBBY...then you are not ready to participate in said hobby?

Just curious as to the logic here?
HIPAA requirements are the same for a FREE clinic as they are for a paid doctor.
Gabrielle is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #10
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Our health, our business where we go
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #11
kodakz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

WTF...if you cant understand the topic maybe you aren't ready to participate in the conversation. Much less criticize anyone offering information on their health care experience.
kodakz is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #12
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews

Taxpayers utilizing a service paid for with taxes.

I don't see an issue with that.

I pay taxes, I have insurance and yes I use the clinic simply because it's easiest and formerly more discreet.
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:22 PM   #13
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymaid_69 View Post
All of our information is being sorted and stored online in the cloud.
Everytime one uses a real ID for any purpose it is filed away and matched up with any other places that it's been used.

Want a quick test to show you?
Next time you make a purchase with a CC at a real store just check out the changes to the click bait ads that show when you're browsing.
This could be from your cell phone, they use your location data for targeted advertising. Not saying your credit card isn’t nebbing, but smart phones have been doing it for a decade.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #14
MorganOBM
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 481963
My ECCIE Reviews

There is a great clinic that’s free in Washington Co, it’s aimed to help the LGBTQ community but they are cool to everyone. Very understanding why I go so often. It’s convenient and anonymous and even though it’s free I donate $300 when I go because I’m not poor. I used to do the online thing but this is more convenient.
MorganOBM is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:35 PM   #15
bkfantasy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
Just to clarify the topic here...

Is it...

Why do hobbyists utilize a FREE clinic if they can afford a LUXURY service, forcing tax payers to pay for your STD testing that you can afford to pay for yourself? As a previous poster noted, this can be done for $250 bucks...so perhaps if you need to utilize a free clinic to participate in a LUXURY HOBBY...then you are not ready to participate in said hobby?

Just curious as to the logic here?
HIPAA requirements are the same for a FREE clinic as they are for a paid doctor.
Where do you think taxes come from?

Do you also think we should only drive toll roads on the way to our luxury medical service?
bkfantasy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women