Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47427
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2019, 07:17 PM   #46
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
No you don’t.
Bambino swats you around like an uncircumcised little gnat.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #47
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Bambino swats you around like an uncircumcised little gnat.
Gnats are actually smarter.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #48
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Good point.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:20 AM   #49
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I forgot about SA. Great teams. But, has Pro Sports boycotted Austin Texas? Ask YR. The Pens have more Cups that the state of Texas has WS Championships, As do the Pirates. The Steelers have more SBs than the state of Texas.
The state of Texas has 2 pro football teams, 3 pro basketball teams, 2 pro baseball teams. Not bad. The population of Austin has increased dramatically over the past couple of decades and remains one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. Grew 2.7% in 2017. Maybe Austin is considered too young and too tech to support pro sports.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #50
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Austin has YR.

Pittsburgh has Bambino.

Pittsburgh > Austin.

I've stayed in both places and Pittsburgh is better.

Bambino kicked your ass again.
I went to school in Pittsburgh a looooooong time ago and it was a hell-hole. In recent years I've read very little negative commentary on the city. Hard to believe how small Pittsburgh is population-wise. 306,500 with a metro area population of 2.36 million. Austin population is 931,830 with a metro area population of over 2 million, estimated to be possibly 3.2 million by 2030. Need new roads!!!

Anyway, I love the Austin area but I would like to experience the "new" Pittsburgh at some point in time.

Does "The Hill" still exist? That was an area of Pittsburgh that only the very brave would enter into.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #51
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I went to school in Pittsburgh a looooooong time ago and it was a hell-hole. In recent years I've read very little negative commentary on the city. Hard to believe how small Pittsburgh is population-wise. 306,500 with a metro area population of 2.36 million. Austin population is 931,830 with a metro area population of over 2 million, estimated to be possibly 3.2 million by 2030. Need new roads!!!

Anyway, I love the Austin area but I would like to experience the "new" Pittsburgh at some point in time.

Does "The Hill" still exist? That was an area of Pittsburgh that only the very brave would enter into.
I’ve spent my entire life in Pittsburgh and don’t remember it being the “hell-Hole” that you describe. It was once the steel capital of the world. It produced generations of hard working, tough people. Yeah, there was pollution, but it was a very vibrant, diverse city. And relatively safe. The “Hill” district was predominantly an Italian neighborhood until the late 50’s. They moved to the suburbs and became a black community. The Hill Street Blues was named after the Hill District. There are parts of the Hill you wouldn’t want to visit now. Pitt has bought some of that land and renovated it. But your correct that Pittsburgh is a small town compared to Dallas and Houston. And we’ve been treated to some great sports teams and individual stars. Texas is a large state and Pittsburgh has been treated to as many Pro championships. It’s also home to Oakmont CC. Host to more USGA championships than any othe golf course. Combine that with world class education, healthcare, symphony and ballet and it’s hardly a hell-Hole. And at one time it was home to an ABA franchise. It’s just too small population wise to support 4 Proffessional teams. No shame in that.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:46 AM   #52
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

When I was there, there was virtually no "fun" activities available to college-age people. A few concerts in the Civic Auditorium (?). Not much else to do. Not an attractive city until the Golden Triangle was improved. It's been a long time and I may not be giving Pittsburgh its fair shke.a

NYC was not too different. If you watch "The Deuce" on HBO it is not stretching the truth too much. A lot of crime and the Times Square area was dangerous. Has cleaned up dramatically since then.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #53
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
When I was there, there was virtually no "fun" activities available to college-age people. A few concerts in the Civic Auditorium (?). Not much else to do. Not an attractive city until the Golden Triangle was improved. It's been a long time and I may not be giving Pittsburgh its fair shke.a

NYC was not too different. If you watch "The Deuce" on HBO it is not stretching the truth too much. A lot of crime and the Times Square area was dangerous. Has cleaned up dramatically since then.
You must of been a boring guy. If you went to school in the Oakland area and couldn’t find something to do shame on you. There was more to do in Oakland in the 60’s than there is now. The Pirates and Steelers played on the Pitt campus.,The Syria Mosgue held many concerts and had far better acoustics than the Civic arena. Good food and drink there. And the Golden Triangle is pretty much the same. It’s still a great view coming out of the Fort Pitt tunnel.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #54
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
You must of been a boring guy. If you went to school in the Oakland area and couldn’t find something to do shame on you. There was more to do in Oakland in the 60’s than there is now. The Pirates and Steelers played on the Pitt campus.,The Syria Mosgue held many concerts and had far better acoustics than the Civic arena. Good food and drink there. And the Golden Triangle is pretty much the same. It’s still a great view coming out of the Fort Pitt tunnel.
The Pirates drew no one back then. We did go to some games after the 7th inning for free. The Steelers sucked while I was in Pittsburgh. And as a college student I hardly had the money to go to games like that. Drinking age was 21 and they were rather strict on enforcing those laws. Could not really afford to go to restaurants when eating on campus was already paid for.

Maybe I was unaware of on-goings off campus. I do know that after transferring to another college I had a great time socially. Actually too good of a time. lol.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #55
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
That’s another of your childish insults, bambino.

You’re back to your old MO of attacking anybody who proves your ignorance. Like me and SpeedRacer, in this thread alone.

May be time for you to take it down about 15% good buddy.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #56
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
The state of Texas has 2 pro football teams, 3 pro basketball teams, 2 pro baseball teams. Not bad. The population of Austin has increased dramatically over the past couple of decades and remains one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. Grew 2.7% in 2017. Maybe Austin is considered too young and too tech to support pro sports.
Actually Texas at one time had 10 pro HOCKEY teams on various level.

Don’t forget the NHL in Dallas (won the sc) and MLS in Houston and Dallas (both have won that championship)

Texas has so much professional baseball that a top AA minor league is called the Texas League.

Austin has an MLS franchise and AAA baseball, basketball and hockey. AND A 103,000 seat stadium.

Not to mention the one sport that Bambino loves the most — SPLASH DAY AT HIPPIE HOLLOW.

Bambino will never bring that up either. But he’s been. And bragged about it.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:29 AM   #57
oeb11
Valued Poster

Given the salaries of many pro athletes - including in Texas- it is clear they follow a market value capitalistic economic model - demand what the market will pay for their talents.

What is a DPST like TM/YR doing extolling this bastion of capitalism - even though it is capitalism of rich boys toys.
Get a grip - YR/TM - bring in AOC to advocate for the abolition of of these capitalistic menaces.

bring in the Bible - Das Kapital - justify the means to the ends.

Time to get rid of those evil capitalist Players!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #58
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Actually Texas at one time had 10 pro HOCKEY teams on various level.

Don’t forget the NHL in Dallas (won the sc) and MLS in Houston and Dallas (both have won that championship)

Texas has so much professional baseball that a top AA minor league is called the Texas League.

Austin has an MLS franchise and AAA baseball, basketball and hockey. AND A 103,000 seat stadium.

Not to mention the one sport that Bambino loves the most — SPLASH DAY AT HIPPIE HOLLOW.

Bambino will never bring that up either. But he’s been. And bragged about it.
You brought up splash day. Because you know all about it. I had no idea about it until you brought it up in this forum. Go enjoy your minor league sports in Austin. BTW, you were banned recently for your behavior. It seems you didn’t get the message.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:01 AM   #59
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Pirates drew no one back then. We did go to some games after the 7th inning for free. The Steelers sucked while I was in Pittsburgh. And as a college student I hardly had the money to go to games like that. Drinking age was 21 and they were rather strict on enforcing those laws. Could not really afford to go to restaurants when eating on campus was already paid for.

Maybe I was unaware of on-goings off campus. I do know that after transferring to another college I had a great time socially. Actually too good of a time. lol.
You could see a Pirate game at Forbes field for a dollar back then. They were a very competitive team not to mention all the greats from visiting teams. The best players in history played at Forbes. The Steelers did stink in the 60’s. But you could go cheap and see other greats from visiting teams. I’ve known many people who went to school at Pitt and Carnegie Mellon. No complaints from them
Old 02-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #60
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
You could see a Pirate game at Forbes field for a dollar back then. They were a very competitive team not to mention all the greats from visiting teams. The best players in history played at Forbes. The Steelers did stink in the 60’s. But you could go cheap and see other greats from visiting teams. I’ve known many people who went to school at Pitt and Carnegie Mellon. No complaints from them
It's simply my opinion. I did not enjoy my 2 years in Pittsburgh. I found that if you were not in a fraternity there was little social life to be found. And I found the fraternities to be very prejudiced. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

I was not a fan of either the Pirates or Steelers so even though I am a sports fan of both sports, I saw little reason to go to their games. Plus, the baseball season barely overlapped with the school trimesters. I was lucky enough to see Roberto Clemente a few times and he was one of the best ballplayers of all time. Incredible talent!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women