Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40246
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #16
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

User ID: 244249
My ECCIE Reviews

I'd still love to visit Kansas City. If I ever do, I'll be sure to check out the Nelson-Atkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_Gleet View Post
The Nelson-Atkins in KC has a very well rounded collection and is always free.
and, speaking of well- rounded ....

When I was younger, I was thoroughly obsessed with ancient Greek and Roman mythology. You're blessed to have had the opportunity to see such vast ruins and architectural sites up close.

I can see why museums might not be impressive to you. Still, what I appreciate about them is that they allow people who may not be able to travel all over a glimpse into other eras and places. Also, in addition to classical works I really appreciate art throughout various stages of history. If anything, I find myself gravitating more towards contemporary or modern art because Western classical art can seem homogeneous... or like I've already seen it countless times in a history book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner View Post
..In Naples on the horizon, you can see Mount Vesuvius and on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius are Pompeii and the Herculaneum. That is a neat place to explore. I have been there many times..

Near Naples is Apollo's oracle, the Cumaean Sibyl from when it was a Greek colony.

We took a car ferry over to Greece and drove around over there for a week. The ancient site of the original Olympic games is a neat place to be.

We spent a day exploring the ancient Greek city-state of Mycenae. Everyone we met was very friendly.

We enjoyed ancient Corinth, the museum there is loaded with fantastic stone statues.

One time I took a month of personal leave and went to Egypt with a tourist group. We spent much of our time on a paddleboat going up the Nile River, stopping at each of the archeological dig sites. The Valley of the Kings, each of the Pyramids, etc. That was a lot of fun until every one of us in the group all got sick from food poisoning..
Lena Duvall is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #17
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Breathtaking is the best word I can think of. It was a really formative experience for me, and to this day I can recall the feeling of just being in awe standing in front of her ornate, massive pieces. Her trajectory and process really fascinates me. Earlier in her career, she would stage and photograph portraits with models posed in lush settings. More recently, she'd rework a photograph by blowing it up and converting it into a mixed-media collage painting. Above are two of her pieces I saw which really resonated with me. Below is a great example of one of her photos which she then reworked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBarsett View Post
@ Lena, tell me, how was the Mickalene Thomas: Origin of the Universe? Oh, that sounds beautiful. Space, the last frontier. I have a small collection of wall art, nothing fancy, stuff I've gotten from second hand shops, thrift stores, you name it. I've started collecting a light gathering of Chinese/Japanese art and decor to fill my walls..

Not to be confused with Monet, I'm similarly excited to see an Édouard Manet exhibition at the Art Institute in Chicago. Recently I've been learning about him and his cohort of French Impressionist painters and I can't wait to see his works in-person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairspud View Post
I for one am looking forward to my trip to the Kimble in Ft.Worth for the Monet exhibit.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #18
RetiredSubmariner
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBarsett View Post
... I wish I could find someone who would enjoy going to these things with me.
I will keep this in mind, 'mia bella'.

Someday, one day, stars will align and I will take you to a museum.

Clair Bare just keep that twinkle in your eye.
RetiredSubmariner is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #19
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMDOK View Post
Glad there are ladies out there that are interested in intelligence as well. I find an intelligent woman very sexy and stimulating!
There are many levels of intelligence. The knowledge we acquire continues throughout our lives. Visits to a museum is a quiet, enjoyable way to reach outside yourselve and add to your wealth of knowledge.

A visit to Washington DC becomes an adventure when you look at the opportunities to visit the museums.

A visit to Chicago is not complete without a visit to the Museum of Science & Indust.
A visit to Kansas City is not complete without a visit to the Rockhill Nelson.

Sadness in life is the missed opportunity to explore something new.
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #20
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up

Thanks for your recommendations. You raise a great point. Usually, I stick with art museums. But there are so many great science and natural history museums worth checking out. I've been meaning to go see the Field Museum which is also off South Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. I'll report back if I do.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #21
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena Duvall View Post
Thanks for your recommendations. You raise a great point. Usually, I stick with art museums. But there are so many great science and natural history museums worth checking out. I've been meaning to go see the Field Museum which is also off South Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. I'll report back if I do.
In the 60's I was stationed at Quantico, VA just south of Washington, DC. Most weekends we would drive up for the day to Washington to visit the Smithsonian: with many visits, we never did see everything.

I had a visit to DC two years ago, things have changed at the Smithsonian. I wish I could go back more often.
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #22
rico7
Premium Access

Encounters: 47
Default Smithsonian

Besides the fact all of the Smithsonian Museums are world class, they are also free! However, you don't need to be in DC, NYC, SF, etc to enjoy a great museum, sometimes the small, more obscure venues provide big surprises and high value. I imagine most folks going to Las Vegas aren't thinking about museums, but there are a number of really cool places for alternative museum experiences, i.e.:

https://www.neonmuseum.org/

http://pinballmuseum.org/

https://nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/

https://themobmuseum.org/

And given the nature of this forum we have to include...

https://www.eroticmuseumvegas.com/

https://www.burlesquehall.com/
rico7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #23
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I adore Michael Parks. His art is so whimsical,light and airy. When I look at his work I am transported into his world of whimsical mischeif and naughtiness.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #24
Tiffany Champagne
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 53425
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

If you love art, these collections are the most impressive I have seen so far. While there are many artists in this world, you will know why these are the most widely known.

GALERIE MICHAEL 
224 North Rodeo Drive 
Beverly Hills, CA 90210 
Tel: (310) 273-3377
VIEW WEBSITE
One of the most impressive collections of t Pablo Picasso exhibition of graphic works in the U.S. taking place at the famed Galerie Michael. It even featured 60 newly discovered visual art pieces.
Never before seen. The exciting fact about Picasso is he drew a lot of the ladies he was in armored with. I was impressed by this exhibit.

Andy Warhol Museum 117 Sandusky St, Pittsburgh, PA 152
The Andy Warhol Museum n the North Shore of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in the United States. It is the largest museum in North America dedicated to a single artist. The museum holds an extensive permanent collection of art and archives from the Pittsburgh-born pop art icon Andy Warhol. If you like modern art, it is the most captivating contemporary art exhibit I have seen.

The Norton Simon Museum--Pasadena, California

The famous Norton Simon Museum is known for one of the largest collections of Renaissance 20 century Art.

Over 30 years, the industrialist Norton Simon (1907–1993) amassed an impressive group of European masterworks from the Renaissance to the 20th century and a stellar collection of South and Modern works from Europe and the United States. This collection will fascinate you.
Tiffany Champagne is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:52 AM   #25
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

On a few occasions, I've visited SoCal and I got to explore Los Angeles and San Diego. I've never been to Pasadena though. If I do, I'll definitely check out the Norton Simon Museum.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:27 AM   #26
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up

His paintings remind me of Dali's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
...When I look at his work I am transported into his world of whimsical mischeif and naughtiness.

Great list! And I wholeheartedly agree. I'm dying to see the Mob Museum in Vegas. And while I didn't get around to visiting the Erotic Museum there, I have gone to the WEAM in Miami which is jam packed with art and artifacts from centuries ago through modern times. It was definitely a valuable experience. Getting to see the Clockwork Orange cock was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico7 View Post
...sometimes the small, more obscure venues provide big surprises and high value. I imagine most folks going to Las Vegas aren't thinking about museums, but there are a number of really cool places for alternative museum experiences..
Old 09-25-2019, 06:11 AM   #27
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Default Traveling for art

Considering adding trips to Kansas City, Missouri and Minneapolis, Minnesota to see these.
  • Hew Locke: Here's the Thing at Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art

• Theaster Gates: Assembly Hall at Walker Art Center

Earlier this year I became aware of Gates after watching a riveting talk he gave on the topics of urban development and reclaiming spaces. Since then, I've been keeping an eye out for when there'd be a major exhibition of his work. And I only just learned about Hew Locke this week but I'm intrigued.

"Fusing historical source material with a keen interest in current affairs, often through the juxtaposition or modification of existing artifacts, Locke focuses attention especially on the UK, the monarchy and his home of the then newly independent Guyana.

Through appropriating coats of arms and trophies, weaponry, naval warships, public statuary and the costumes and regalia of state, Locke subtly critiques governmental authority, its iconographies and legacies.."
Old 12-20-2019, 01:55 AM   #28
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Arrow

Considering myself truly blessed to have seen a second exhibition of Jean-Michel Basquiat's work. The subject matter was solemn. Still there were a few uplifting pieces.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women