Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160204
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452833
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
PSP
Registered Member

Encounters: 4
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Hobby Phones - Where do you hide them?

I know hobby phones are common these days to protect privacy and anonymity. What are some of the better hiding places to keep the SO from discovering them? If your SO is already a little suspicious, finding a hobby phone would send her over the deep end. TIA.

psp
PSP is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
guest123009
Account Disabled

That is a tough one. I also think about "If I die, what do I want them to NOT find". Hate for the family to discover my shenanigans postmortem. So far, I have used my own phone for those I that are well-known and Google voice for new people.
guest123009 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
Maxx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

That's a good question PSP. I guess that would depend upon some things. Do you work in an office? Are you a daytime hobbyist? Do you have seperate cars? I can think of some places to hide the hobby phone but most would definately be as far away from the s/o as possible. Is she a mechanic? hide it under the hood in a box. Good question!

FMH - After your gone and they find out you were a hobbyist it'll answer the questions your s/o never could quite lay her hands on and you really won't care anyway!
Maxx is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
guest123009
Account Disabled

I don't care what might wife would learn, but I prefer my children not have to try to understand.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Kelly TNT
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12
My ECCIE Reviews
Default LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManHobbyist View Post
That is a tough one. I also think about "If I die, what do I want them to NOT find". Hate for the family to discover my shenanigans postmortem. So far, I have used my own phone for those I that are well-known and Google voice for new people.

"Shenanigans"

You make me happy.

~Kelly TNT
Kelly TNT is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
guest123009
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly TNT View Post
"Shenanigans"

You make me happy.
That's what my shenanigans are for.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
travelling_man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

If you don't share a car there should be some obscure hidden panel in almost any car that the wife would never look. Just don't hide it under the spare tire because my SO has borrowed my car before and had a flat. Glad nothing was hidden there.
travelling_man is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #8
guest123009
Account Disabled

My next phone will be an iPhone and I will use a VOIP solution with it... either Skype or Google Voice. If the iPhone is anything like the iPod Touch, you can set it so if someone enters the lock code incorrectly ten times, it erases all the data on the phone. Nice. I am still waiting for a service similar to www.deathswitch.com but more extensive like canceling subscriptions, deleting accounts, and erasing files.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
easily_amused
wookin' pa nub

Encounters: 2

Mine happens to be the same make & model as my normal phone except it's older and kinda scratched up...

I keep it in my laptop bag, even keep it charged up, and "it's my spare from work in case I drop my normal phone" (which has happened too often). I keep it turned off in my laptop bag with the SIM chip in another compartment of the bag, so some assembly is required when I need to use it (only when out of town). I'm by no means a "frequent flyer" so that might be too much work. But I don't think there's any chance that rogue SIM chip would cause me a problem, because 'it must have fallen out of that old spare phone from work'
easily_amused is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
Guest020119-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 789
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
Is she a mechanic? hide it under the hood in a box.
OMG! Thats sooo funny, cause I'd never check under the hood of a car! LoL
You Guys are soo sneeky. See... Thats I can't Trust my boyfriend, because I know how sneeky guys can be. LMFAO
Guest020119-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #11
guest123009
Account Disabled

Might get a bit toasty under the hood.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #12
npita
Lifetime Premium Access

I just did a search on google for briefcases with false bottoms and it appears there are also laptop cases with false bottoms. It's not something I need to worry about, so I have not checked to see how obvious the false compartment would be, but it might be worth checking. Some are quite expensive, so I would guess the concealment is done fairly well and the briefcase itself would be of good quality.

Quote:
Is she a mechanic? hide it under the hood in a box.
Or better, put it in the air intake where the air filter goes.
npita is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #13
elpocitopolloloco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Thumbs up Lose the 2nd Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManHobbyist View Post
My next phone will be an iPhone and I will use a VOIP solution with it... either Skype or Google Voice.
I've been experimenting with Skype for an entrepreneurial venture and I must say it works very well. Since you can have a phone number and voice mail for Skype, I would say it's the best option. It provides Caller ID for the providers to identify you and a callback#/voicemail in case they need to dial you back.

The most important thing about Skype is that it takes you off the grid. The LE won't be able to triangulate your calls since they are routed over the Internet and not from your cellphone carrier. Those calls will appear as if you are just surfing the net. If you are a business person, you already have the sunk cost in your data plan for email. Your only expense will be the Skype annual fees.

The other good part is more providers should get on Skype. This would allow folks to IM versus sending TXT. TXT can be traced, tracked, and read. I dread any provider sending me a TXT. It's a like a detailed digital fingerprint. It is never truly erased even though its no longer on your phone. A simple court order could reveal everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sexy Hollywood View Post
You Guys are soo sneeky. See... Thats I can't Trust my boyfriend, because I know how sneeky guys can be. LMFAO
Miss Hollywood, I would encourage you to trust your boyfriend until he gives you reason to believe otherwise. I don't believe we are being sneaky. Think of it this way, we are protecting the sanctity of our brotherhood/sisterhood and the community. One person caught slipping can unravel a whole community and unintentionally injure others in the life and not just at home.

Phones with Windows Mobile OS are great phones for Skype. They are available on every carrier and you are not locked into to AT&T with the iPhone. iPhones are great. AT&T has questionable service.

The best thing about Skype is you can put the headset mic on your computer and dial-out without using your phone at all.

I've noticed that this new bulletin board software also has a field for Skype in the profile. Once I update my phone in the coming months, I know I'll be adding Skype to my profile as well.

In the end, there's no second phone that needs to be hidden or discovered. Furthermore, there are no children left trying to figure out what the fuck dad was doing on Father's Day.

Great discussion.
elpocitopolloloco is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
rylstone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 50

Very useful information. Thanks
rylstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #15
thabear
Account Disabled

elopXXXXXXXXXXX,

From a techno challenged member would you mind walking me through a skype set up for an iPhone, Where to start and how to get there.

thabear
thabear is offline   Quote