Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452861
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47424
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 10-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
dvldog2111
Gaining Momentum

So how did they get everyone's email address?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
GinaXXX
ECCIE Sponsor

User ID: 216

The email list is not an accurate list of P411 emails. Which means that the list was compiled via other methods. Which methods, I'm not exactly sure.... but what I do know is that there had been a breech of the P411 database the list would have been accurate.

Always,
Gina
Old 10-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
SENSATiONAL TRiSH
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 112855
My ECCIE Reviews

Ty Hun!! I had a guy call me from therenand gave me one room number and thenna guy in the hallway tried to act like him (i think) and brought me to wron room so i decided to leave.. Will be screening even more carefully now..
Old 10-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #19
Exotic Beauty
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 11213
My ECCIE Reviews

How sad somebody used that much negative energy for no reason
Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
Lunytunz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I find it interesting that the site goes down, then a few days later an email is sent out to several, if not hundreds, of providers and hobbiests. Gina, I do appreciate you trying to get to the bottom of things. However, the fact still remains that this email was sent out to a lot of people that have the same "interest". It appears that this is not a random spam message. This information had to be compiled from a source. I, too, deleted the email and did not respond. I am not too concerned, however there seems to have been a breach of security somewhere. Compiling information from various sources and "ads" would be a lot of work with minimal reward. Hackers and programmers are inherently lazy, however clever. Someone or something "mined" the data from a specific source. I hope p411 has not been compromised. I will be following this story closely. However, I am concerned, as I am sure others are. There are a lot of folks that are very "private" and this kind of breech is upsetting.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
GinaXXX
ECCIE Sponsor

User ID: 216

The email addresses didn't come from P411.... I know this because the list is not an accurate list of P411 members email addresses. There is no way for you to know that what I'm saying is true, but it IS true.

While I don't know exactly how the emails were gathered, I assure you that it would take all of 6 hours to get 200 clients emails if you put up an ad as a "20 year old blonde hottie" on BP.... and if you did that in Dallas, 100 of those clients would be P411 members.

Please also note that a similar "spoofed" alert was posted about P411 on the ripoff reports a couple of years ago. This is unfortunately not a new problem, it's something we've dealt with in different forms many times over the years.

I understand everyone's concern, I'm doing my best to be as transparent as possible.

Always,
Gina
Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
Jannisary
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

It would be interesting to do a correlation between people who got the spoofed email from P-411 and those who got the spoofed email when ECCIE was down last month. Then to also compare what other hobby related websites those people have used the same email addresses to join. Of course the person or persons may be using multiple ways to harvest email addresses.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Every time I see organized crime and investigation in an email my ass cheeks tighten up.. A lot.. Goddamn RICO isn't a joke...

But great to see it was a fake. Annoying but hey.... What can you do..
Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #24
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114
Default face-palm

The email is not real!! It was fake!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #25
little_lexi
Account Disabled

User ID: 105005
My ECCIE Reviews

another topic on here under "Kansas city Alerts" says that le is doing a sting op and one girl posted saying she was even arrested. Client gave her a reference for some girl on p411. and this was just posted- today or yesterday. PLEASE GO READ THE POSTING!!!!
the kc vice even asked her if they could use her login information for the site she uses i guess in exchange for a deal. now even tho she didnt say anything and asked for her lawyer, she makes a really good point in saying that not everyone is that tough and its highly possible that a member gave up there login info meaning its very likey le could be what caused the site-p411 to crash and sent the emails as a set up.
i also know that around election time le activity increases as well so yes, please be careful- LOT OF WEIRD SHIT GOING ON IF YOU ASK ME!! JUST SAYIN'
Old 10-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #26
little_lexi
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

And just to add- if somehow it is connected then it could be they added other email addresses to make you think it was something else happening.
Does anyone agree with me or see the pattern im starting to see???
Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #27
little_lexi
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannisary View Post
It would be interesting to do a correlation between people who got the spoofed email from P-411 and those who got the spoofed email when ECCIE was down last month. Then to also compare what other hobby related websites those people have used the same email addresses to join. Of course the person or persons may be using multiple ways to harvest email addresses.
YET ANOTHER GOOD POINT TO LOOK AT AND TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION
Old 10-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
Guest041413-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannisary View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_lexi View Post
YET ANOTHER GOOD POINT TO LOOK AT AND TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION
Exactly, as I received neither. I keep my shit tight! And, I don't mess with other sites. It takes A LOT for me to even use sights. I have extremely paranoid standards! And, they work every single time! Now, I'm not innocent as I've used other sites before (but never revealing RL info on them except well P411 but oh well, again, they passed my 'paranoia' standardized testing):

EROS - Hell no
Craigslist - Been there, some scary stuff
BP - some gems there but not worth the risk
ECCIE - MODs can be a pain in the arsh but well-worth the trade off (jk MODs ) - pointed my ass through the end of 2013...kinda shit is that...ija (just a Q so don't point me anymore, it's a technical question - maybe an error you can kindly look into so I can get back to my 'Rudeness')
P411 - trade-off is RL info, but, oh well, don't use a fucking RL email address Excellent features for the hobbyist
RS2K - depends on the area, not highly used by fems
Datecheck - too redundant and I'm NOT providing RL info to them, not happening
Hobby email - Do not use RL info, although LE can find what the fuck they want to find
TER - they require too much work and no real benefit for me not here having ECCIE and P411
Streetwalkers - you are CRAY for doing that shit but some do it for the $
StripClubs - not happening/PROFESSIONAL scam artists - theee BEST in the world
AMPs - not worth the risk of an LE raid
MPs - ditto
Newbies on ECCIE - not chancing it!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #29
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

There's been at least one purloined list of hobbyist e-mail addresses floating around for a while.

It's unclear where it came from, but it had quite a few "private" hobby e-mail addresses.

There's a few things to be learned here.

1) It's pretty easy to fake the return address on e-mail. It would be real easy to send out an e-mail with a return address of "barack.obama@whitehouse.g ov" or any other name you want.

Don't believe the e-mail actually came from where it says it did.

2) There's all kinds of ways for e-mails to "leak" out. Sometimes via hacking of some sort. Sometimes by someone making a mistake. Assume any e-mail you give to anyone in the hobby may get leaked out as a hobby e-mail at some time.

The computers, programs, e-mail systems, and web sites we use are not designed to protect our privacy. Even without malice, security and privacy for the end users is an afterthought.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #30
Chillax
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I for one am very cautious and always questioning things to protect myself, but this just played out last week in the San Antonio alerts, and may clarify this situation:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=578316

Drama on an epic scale IMHO

As far as p411 being down, this is what Ive gathered:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=577820

Seems like separate incidences, but if somebody is as irate as the indicated in the first thread I guess its not that hard or far fetched to pay some hacker to blow somebody's server like we see in the tech issue thread.

What we as a community should remember.

1. We are all playing with fire being in this hobby plain and simple, in the end only you are capable of protecting you

2. Just like the real world this community has a very diverse selection of animals, some cute and cuddly, some dangerous and deadly and some that are so damn retarded and useless we either ignore them or sit back and laugh.

My personal request is that some of our resident lawyers please add your input to the validity of said threats that were brought forth in the first thread by the iRate Person.

And to ms Gina thank you for workin hard and Tryin to respond to all issues.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women