Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
shadowjack69
Registered Member

Encounters: 4
Default Texts and the ablility to obtain them (Question)

Ok so, from what I understand it is possible to obtain the actual content of text messages that are sent to and from two phones. My question is how easy is it really to obtain this ? and would you only be able to if you had a court order to obtain it ?

Thanks

Fawkesfire2003
shadowjack69 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

You would have to get a court order with some sort of evidence a crime has been commited to access the files of the cell service providers. That is the case in most states, but there can always be an exception. The court order for access should be the case in most every state.

topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
shadowjack69
Registered Member

ok, but say some guy was threatening you that he would do that. Albiet without a court order he is just saying, " I can access your texts and put them on the internet!" That possible ? No he does not work for any cell phone company but has a lot of money.
shadowjack69 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I would assume many folks could be bought for a price and if they worked for the cell provider they might run the risk of losing their job for a fee as well as possible prosecution for providing the information. It is against the law in most states to give out this type of information without a court order. I would think it very foolish to give up a job for a one time payment, but some folks don't reason things out. From that standpoint it could happen, but i would find it highly unlikely.

Personally, I do not think it would happen, but then again never say never.
topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
MisterBills
Registered Member

Encounters: 2

Some cell phone companies offer a service that will copy all text messages received on one line to the parent phone. It's mostly for parents to monitor their kids or to keep tabs on a spouse. It also may be possible for someone one the account to request a history of numbers texted. Cell companies keep that info for billing purposes. Otherwise, court order only.
MisterBills is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawkesfire2003 View Post
Ok so, from what I understand it is possible to obtain the actual content of text messages that are sent to and from two phones. My question is how easy is it really to obtain this ? and would you only be able to if you had a court order to obtain it ?

Thanks

Fawkesfire2003
The Court order is one way. I have heard that some corporate cell plans allow the company to see the the text messages.

Most often all one see's is the phone #'s of calls and texts both incoming and outgoing.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
amusemeant
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 47607
My ECCIE Reviews

There are pieces of software you can install on the phone behind the user's back, and there are monitoring services you can hire to have all the content sent to you - you just have to prove that you own that number, ie that your name is on the bill. It's pretty easy actually.
amusemeant is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

I have a piece of software on my android phone that moves all SMS texts from the SIM card to the Micro SD memory card. thus they can be moved to a pc. Does not always mean they are safer but it does put them in a place where they not normally looked at.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
amusemeant
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 47607
My ECCIE Reviews

I really don't know who you are worried about seeing them. If it's the law, I'm sure it's more complicated. If it's ur spouse or SO and their name is also on ur cell phone bill, it's pretty easy. If it's ur spouse or SO and their name is not on the bill, make sure you keep ur phone locked and you should be good.
amusemeant is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Some people are over paranoid....
To quote the words of my friend Barry " NEver do anything you would have to explain to Paramedics"
Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
instfixer
Valued Poster

Without a court order...
To even locate some techno geek in a cell phone outfit would be a miracle...
Yet even this techno geek just cannot access stuff for kicks because there is monitoring software that tracks HIS work. Some account get accessed to and there is a complaint..., the higher ups can figure who accessed that account.
Even now and then there are storys how people are fired in hospitals for accessing without permission some celebrity's electronic medical records
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by instfixer View Post
Without a court order...
To even locate some techno geek in a cell phone outfit would be a miracle...
Yet even this techno geek just cannot access stuff for kicks because there is monitoring software that tracks HIS work. Some account get accessed to and there is a complaint..., the higher ups can figure who accessed that account.
Even now and then there are storys how people are fired in hospitals for accessing without permission some celebrity's electronic medical records

I will concur on this. The techno geeks have access to your stuff, but they are monitored more closely than you would think.

They have to get your spoken permission before they can look at the info.

Yahoo for example has the AMT tool or Account Management Tool ( I used to work for Yahoo, so I know)

This tool can look at your emails without the need of a password.. however Yahoo logs every agent who even opens the tool. Everything they do with this tool is logged and a few Yahoo agents lost their jobs for spying on their spouses, SO's etc.

I like to offload my texts from my phone's Sim card to the Micro SD card, where it can be moved to a protected area on my home network. I can still access them via FTP on a pc or my phone so I am not without them.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Update on that application, I vacuumed all the texts off my phone dating back to when I got it (August of 2010), stored them into a .txt file that I gave a name (it will set a name but you can change it) and stored them onto the microSd card on phone in about 1 minute. Then I cut/pasted it from phone via USB cable to computer.

history of texts are now in an area of my technical world that no-one would think to look and can be locked out.

PS... the file was about 350k I don't text a lot but considering how quick this app is, you could effectively move all texts to pc on a monthly basis.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
OklahomaSooner
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Get a toss-away and I always get the number in some other city since you can choose the area code.
OklahomaSooner is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #15
Dallas Dynamite
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 40510
My ECCIE Reviews

Why save the text messages?
Are they that good??

Read and delete works for me.
Dallas Dynamite is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies