Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
Vikki Simone
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 66796

Thanks for the info guys.
Vikki Simone is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
gigi_gypsy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 29457
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow, this is scary stuff!!! Thank you for posting this information and how to take it off the pictures!!!
gigi_gypsy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
jframe2
Valued Poster

Default A little more information on "Geo-Tagging" and how to stop it

Here is a link that will give information to a couple of free programs that will strip Meta/EXIF data from existing photographs. And gives a brief tutorial on how to get it done.

Link is- http://ask.metafilter.com/126587/How...a-from-a-photo

The story goes something like, after a bunch of robberies in SF and NYC could not be solved, it was determined by several digital forensic scientists and the FBI that the Meta/EXIF data was being read off the photos uploaded to social networking sites; FB, MS, etc.

Several years go by and eventually it was determined that the Russian mob had figured out a way to read the EXIF/Meta data on social networking sites; FB, MS, etc on photos that were posted.

For example, look at the cute photo of little Johnnies birthday party and notice the 50" flat screen in the background. And notice that Johnnies mom commented how busy she was getting little Johnny to soccer practice on Wednesdays at 4pm.

Guess what?? During soccer practice on Wednesday, the house was cleaned out.

All the major social networking sites were told of this but refused to acknowledge that it was their fault. Within the last 18 months or so, all the social networking sites enacted, as part of their photo upload program, a script that automatically strips the Meta/EXIF data. But do not rely on their promises. And they barely acknowledged this in public.

As to smartphones, each unit is different, but basically "geotagging" is tied to the GPS app on the phone that is primarily used for Maps and GPS. On the phone, turn off the GPS function and only turn it on when you need it for maps and directions, then turn it off again. Turning off the GPS will also increase the battery life.

Hope this is helpful to anyone that is curious.

Stuck here in the GREAT WHITE Midwest in the middle of this "Snow-nami"!
Best to all,
jframe2
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #19
JohnnyPool
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Good thread folks. I've been telling people about this for a while.

I've done a lot of searching on my friend's FB pics and they're all clean. Even my niece's that were posted straight from her iPhone. Now don't quote me on this because it'll probably change, but it looks like FB accidentally got it right this time. (BP was the same) And what they're doing with the info that comes in before they reformat it ? I don't know about that.

You're ~safe if the site changes the size or image name. But in Emails and on this site, it goes up there with all the meta data still embedded.
JohnnyPool is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #20
Kitten
One wild ride

User ID: 23075
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I had a Ex-boyfriend who loved to stalk... This is one thing i learned from him the hard way . MY hobby phone is not internet capable and will not send out pics. It is just a basic phone .

The GPS units embedded in modern cell phones use satellites in geosynchronous orbit to provide precise locations. Ordinarily, people use this to get turn-by-turn directions or figure out where they are. Cell phone GPS can also be used to locate someone if you have the right information. Here's how to keep track of people using cell phone GPS.Ensure the person has a GPS-enabled cell phone. Older cell phones can be tracked by other methods, but it is more difficult and less reliable than GPS methods. Some cell phone companies are making this service easier to get and may offer it the next time you get a new cell phone.

Register the phone with a site like AccuTracking.com. The site allows you to locate a teen's cell phone and even monitor how fast he is driving. You'll have to install the AccuTracking software on your cell phone before the site will be able to give you this information. From the phone you want to track, download the software from the AccuTracking website. From there, you may log into the system and view information about the phone's whereabouts within 100 yards.

Read more: How to Use Cell Phone GPS to Locate Someone | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4478735_use-...#ixzz1CqFceMYa

I learned that you can find out A LOT off just a phone number.
Kisses & be safe
Kitten is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #21
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

I keep the GPS in my phone turned off... saves battery.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women