Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #31
newalhobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Tracfone/Net10 cards are sold at Walmart, and various convenience stores, though often not a card put a printed receipt with PIN. I would just get a new card/slip with PIN each time.
newalhobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #32
rgvpapi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I found a local Pocket Wireless place that didnt ask for ID.

bought a nice phone for $80, including first month of service, and my plan is unlimited talk text for $25/month. I can walk in and pay my fee every month for an extra $3...

the cheaper phones ran $50 with first month of service paid (ie, $25 for the phone)
rgvpapi is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #33
BOING936
Registered Member

Encounters: 6

another vote for google voice just remember to go too settings and turn the ringer off, I learned that the hard way.
BOING936 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #34
Kathmandu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28
Default Good Advice

Lots of good advice. I managed to buy a STI Mobile phone from Staples some time ago. Rates are very good but it's hard to find the recharge cards in local stores.

Kathmandu
Kathmandu is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #35
grtrader
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

If you used a credit card to pay for any part of it you wasted your money. Be it the phone, the minutes, the activation anything that ties your card to the phone means you wasted your money.

Even if you filled up a prepaid card then used it to pay for it. You wasted your money.

Credit card companies keep all that data. They even compile info on you such as did you buy medication, what is your favorite things to purchase and so on. They even sell it off to other companies usually the info at that point doesn't have your name attached and is compiled with a lot more peoples info. You have to understand that kind of info is potential for discovery. Think law enforcement, PI, divorce...

Your credit card can even say where you been fairly well. Such as did you fill up for gas when you went to X place. Just the extra fill up on the credit card may show an unexplained trip you have to answer for.
grtrader is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #36
Razor
Registered Member

New hobbyist in the DFW area. First post and asking for a favor already: Can someone send me a Google Voice invite via PM? I'd appreciate it.

Interesting information here, thanks.
Razor is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #37
sleepy
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Me too if anyone has one
sleepy is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #38
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrader View Post
Your credit card can even say where you been fairly well. Such as did you fill up for gas when you went to X place. Just the extra fill up on the credit card may show an unexplained trip you have to answer for.
I have always been paranoid about that and fill up before and after trips that wander far from the Rockwall Rock Star Retirement Center.

I would love to hear grtrader's opinion on Google Voice or any precautionary wisdom that might make it "safer" for hobbyists.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #39
juicystrawberry
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13129
My ECCIE Reviews

VIRGIN MOBILE HAS PLANS STARTING AT 39.99 I HAVE TWO!
juicystrawberry is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #40
WetVelvetSAT
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12217
My ECCIE Reviews
Default ***Just Curious!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
I'm a fan of Google Voice. No physical device to worry about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaMoore View Post
I, too, use Google Voice. It's great and it's free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Diamond View Post
I signed up for google voice but have not heard back from them it's been about two weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvpapi View Post
looks like Google Voice is not accepting new sign ups at this time nor is Gizmo, who were acquired by Google since they managed to offer free outgoing calls using Google Voice via their program, Gizmo5.

I guess I was a little late to this party. Nevertheless, I still learned something today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie@sintropolis View Post
Every Google Voice subscriber has three active invites they can use . . . some corporate customers have hundreds - if not thousands. You can purchase a valid Google Voice invite from a reputable seller for as little as a dollar (or less) on eBay, I purchased from one seller and received 20 for $5.00 - all were forwarded to friends of mine in this business and all worked beautifully.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOING936 View Post
another vote for google voice just remember to go too settings and turn the ringer off, I learned that the hard way.
Hi,

I WAS a supporter of google voice, myself, it's original application was grand central but then google revised it.

About 3 weeks ago, I saw a CNN report about google becoming so powerful because of the information it gathers from our IP addresses (has more information than the CIA and FBI). I deleted my account as quickly as I could! I had been using it over 2 years.

They KEEP records of our address book, phone calls, text messages, searches and emails for 18 months (which link our IP addresses to this information) and have been subpoena'd over 20,000 times within the past year for those records! Be careful!

I went back to using my tracfone!

Sincerely,
Velvet
WetVelvetSAT is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #41
guest041110
Account Disabled

Exclamation

Folks, this is real simple. Stay away from Google just like WetVelvetSAT wrote. They are very intrusive in their IT operations and cannot be trusted. Follow the KISS principal by using the simplest form of a hobby phone if you don't want a plan. Use Tracfone, Cricket Wireless, Vumber or a pre-paid phone such as is offered by T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint by using a prepaid credit card.

As Chef Tell used to say, "Very simple, very easy... see you later. Bye-bye."
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #42
BossyWillson
Valued Poster

Go phone (ATT)
10 cents a minute
Costs me about $10 a month to hobby
BossyWillson is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #43
einszweidrei
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcoursenot View Post
I also like the T-Mobile pay-as-you-go setup. Get the basic Nokia phone from Target for $17 (comes with 200-300 minutes as I recall), then buy 1000 minutes refill from CallingMart.com for $94.00 (or $88 when they have a special) once a year. If you blow past the 1000 minutes before the year is up you'll have to refill sooner, but I've never had to. Conversely, if you have minutes left at the end of the year, you keep them so long as you add a 1000 minute refill once a year.
actually you can add a $10 card on the 364'th day and it will still roll over all the minutes... Its a very sweet deal for the hobbyist...
einszweidrei is offline   Quote