Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
NerdKing
Gaining Momentum

Default Activating a Hobby Phone anonymously?

The last prepaid phone I used required activation from a working phone number and that phone number got lots of calls when my minutes were nearly up. Are there any that avoid this? Thought about a pay phone, but haven't seen one of those in a long while.

Suggestions? I don't want anything to be tied back to me.
NerdKing is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Probably an 800 # to call. Go to a hotel. Ask the desk if you can use the lobby house phone...they should say yes and connect you to an outside line or dial the 800 # for you.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
guest040711-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 60

I'm trying to get a google voice invitation.
guest040711-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Guest121212
Account Disabled

User ID: 6416
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Hunter View Post
I'm trying to get a google voice invitation.
Sent.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Guest121212 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Dstorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Some prepaids can be activated different ways with differing amounts of info provided.
Which brand did you use?
Tracphone and Virgin Mobile had options where you did not have to have a working number, in fact at Wal-Mart, you could have the electronic counter clerk call and activate the phone for you if you bought it there. That was about a year ago and things change fast.
You could google the various phone suppliers and they should have activiation info available online.
Dstorm is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
NerdKing
Gaining Momentum

It was a Verizon prepaid. I think I'll try a tracfone.
NerdKing is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
guest040711-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie@sintropolis View Post
Sent.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Sweet...........THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL
guest040711-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
boo-boo bear
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 24

With cash, go to Walmart and purchase a prepaid phone. My choice was NET10. Paid with cash, no problems or questions. Went to a pay phone, called the number and activated it with cheesy micky mouse answers to the questions. When the time is about to expire, I go back to Walmart, purchase another card with cash, go to a different pay phone and add the minutes. Very easy, quick and convenient.
boo-boo bear is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
bodyofagodbudha
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

yeah i am the same as boo bear. also to answer the no payphones. waffle house always have one stashed at their locations. the only prob is that net10 mintues are expensive and they expire quickly. hope this helps.
bodyofagodbudha is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyofagodbudha View Post
yeah i am the same as boo bear. also to answer the no payphones. waffle house always have one stashed at their locations. the only prob is that net10 mintues are expensive and they expire quickly. hope this helps.
With AT&T and probably others, you can get a rechargeable card for refills at 7-11 or Walmart. Text the card number from your phone the first time. Take the card back where you bought it, add money with cash and the refill happens without any further action.

The AT&T phones can be activated over the internet. Find a wireless hotspot somewhere and use a laptop.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
Dstorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
With AT&T and probably others, you can get a rechargeable card for refills at 7-11 or Walmart. Text the card number from your phone the first time. Take the card back where you bought it, add money with cash and the refill happens without any further action.

The AT&T phones can be activated over the internet. Find a wireless hotspot somewhere and use a laptop.
for better security, use an internet cafe, or sometimes higher end car dealerships have open computers for customers waiting for repairs.
No logins etc required, just go in like you are getting your car worked on and jump on real quick.

Using a laptop from a hotspot requires you to either 1) use you existing ISP, in which case the fact that you where at a hotspot is mute, or, 2) use an account setup with that hotspot provider, in which case you have usually paid with a CC or given up personal info.
Dstorm is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #12
rgvpapi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

find a local Pocket Wireless place, preferrably a hole in the wall type place on the bad side of town where you can make your payments also.

Guarantee they aint asking for ID...
rgvpapi is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstorm View Post
for better security, use an internet cafe, or sometimes higher end car dealerships have open computers for customers waiting for repairs.
No logins etc required, just go in like you are getting your car worked on and jump on real quick.

Using a laptop from a hotspot requires you to either 1) use you existing ISP, in which case the fact that you where at a hotspot is mute, or, 2) use an account setup with that hotspot provider, in which case you have usually paid with a CC or given up personal info.
There are many free wireless hotspots that require no ID of any kind.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
Busterflywheel
Gaining Momentum

Boost Mobile...They will accept any name giving..They let you choose your own Area Code..No address questions asked...$50.00 month Unlimited everything..Calls, Text etc...
Busterflywheel is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
Logan
Father Stripper Slide

Encounters: 45

Always purchase your hobby phone with cash and refuse to purchase from an establishment that requires any form of ID for a prepaid phone purchase. You should activate your phone at a payphone. You can find these in lower income areas or in tourist areas. You will only have to use a payphone once.....

....When registering, do not give your real name or real info, but you can create a fake name and I would recommend something really common and generic. Importantly, purchase your refill minutes with cash and at establishments that don't require ID. You can easily do this at RaceTrac, stores in lower income areas or stores in predominately Hispanic neighborhoods....

....Once you get your pin # for more minutes, no need to call a number to add them...your prepaid phone should have an option for inputting your Pin # directly into the phone, which will then receive the new prepaid minutes in a matter of seconds. This keeps you from having to use a payphone again....

...Lastly, only use your hobby phone for hobby related activities...that means do not use it for calling or texting anyone in your "real" life that you can be connected to. Never link it to your real identity or people that you know. If you follow all of these recommendations, you won't have any problems with your hobby phone and anonymity. Good luck!
Logan is offline   Quote