Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Mozilla Firefox 3.5 released - with private browsing feature!

I think they figured out that adult sites are going to be browsed. So they built in a feature that I think is very handy for surfing adult sites without leaving a footprint on your PC.

You can read more about Firefox 3.5's Private Browsing here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...mode=inproduct

download it here:
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/

note: If you are on a corporate network or use a dialup provided by your company, the company may still be able to monitor your web browsing. Some companies are furnished usage reports on their corporate ISP accounts.
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpi3000 View Post
note: If you are on a corporate network or use a dialup provided by your company, the company may still be able to monitor your web browsing. Some companies are furnished usage reports on their corporate ISP accounts.
To add to what cpi wrote, most companies have monitoring software in place where even if you are on a VPN into the corporate network, you will be seen going to different places or prevented from doing so with a report being made for the access attempt.

Number one rule in this day and time is not to surf the adult sites from your company's network or using any access they provide as a record of where you go is held in a variety of places that are beyond your control to remove unless you are the network admin who can clear syslogs of your wanderings. This is beyond the ISP level and is found at the corporate level.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
houstonguide
Registered Member

Default More privacy features in Firefox 3.5

Here's a neat feature - if you go to History - Show All History, you get a popup window with the sites you've visited. If you right-click on a site name and chose "Forget About This Site" then everything from that site will be erased. Everywhere else you visited will still be there - not as suspicious as a totally cleared history.

If you go to Tools - Clear Recent History, you can clear everywhere you've been for the last 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, Today, or Everything.

And of course, you can still set it to clear your private data every time you close the program.
houstonguide is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonguide View Post
Here's a neat feature - if you go to History - Show All History, you get a popup window with the sites you've visited. If you right-click on a site name and chose "Forget About This Site" then everything from that site will be erased. Everywhere else you visited will still be there - not as suspicious as a totally cleared history.

If you go to Tools - Clear Recent History, you can clear everywhere you've been for the last 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, Today, or Everything.

And of course, you can still set it to clear your private data every time you close the program.

SWEET!!!
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
sunnysideup
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest101209 View Post
To add to what cpi wrote, most companies have monitoring software in place where even if you are on a VPN into the corporate network, you will be seen going to different places or prevented from doing so with a report being made for the access attempt.

Number one rule in this day and time is not to surf the adult sites from your company's network or using any access they provide as a record of where you go is held in a variety of places that are beyond your control to remove unless you are the network admin who can clear syslogs of your wanderings. This is beyond the ISP level and is found at the corporate level.
Most corporate networks block adult oriented and other "inappropriate" sites anyway. But yeah, better not do it at all at your work computer.

Just use your phone instead
sunnysideup is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #6
Guest121212
Account Disabled

User ID: 6416
My ECCIE Reviews

Google Chrome has a smaller footprint than even Mozilla (Firefox) and has a better private browsing feature, IMHO, it will even detect local keylogging programs and some USB keylogging devices and alert you to their presence.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Guest121212 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
rgvpapi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie@sintropolis View Post
Google Chrome has a smaller footprint than even Mozilla (Firefox) and has a better private browsing feature, IMHO, it will even detect local keylogging programs and some USB keylogging devices and alert you to their presence.

Kisses,

- Jackie
I enjoy using Google Chrome as well...
rgvpapi is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Firefox is up to 3.6 now. Lots of things including the privacy stuff have been improved.

The best just keeps on getting better!
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
Jennatexas23
Account Disabled

User ID: 5483
Default Firefox for me

I love the firefox it is so much faster and better
Look who I am under
Jennatexas23 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Katerina
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12295
Location: Denver, CO-- visit Austin, San Diego, Las Vegas regularly
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks to all you techies for sharing this--needed an update! ;-)
Katerina is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #11
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Actually 3.6 with personas came out!!!!!

It seemed to take care of the site glitches, which is even better!
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #12
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

If any of you who do not have Firefox and are interested in it...

Firefox 3.6 Download

If you already have Firefox these may interest you...

Firefox Tips & Tricks

Firefox Personas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennatexas23 View Post
I love the firefox it is so much faster and better
Look who I am under
It is wonderful to see you too, my dear.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
AustinBusinessTraveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

This is by no means directed at cpi as he is simply pointing out how to minimize tracks on the system, not protect privacy. That said, people are already saying this is a private browsing feature.

One more time for the security impaired - your browser cannot create privacy. Period. End of case. Point, set match.

There is no case of your browser creating any type of privacy. Please do not fall into this faulty thinking. If you have true privacy concerns (and we all do, its just that some people do something about it), talk to an expert and be willing to do what you need in order to have true privacy.
AustinBusinessTraveler is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #14
Guest021213
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

Well, Safari 5.0 for Mac can run in Private Browsing mode, so no history, cookies or cache stored at computer ... IMHO it runs much faster than Mozilla Firefox
Guest021213 is offline   Quote