Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59930
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47549
pyramider46370
bambino40323
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #151
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
I dated a girl who was a Yoga/Zenologist, passed down from her parents. I really enjoyed listening to her. Cant say I remember enough to quote her, she had the propensity to smoke a bud, fold her legs in a figure 8 and extrapolate for a couple of hours

snick
Eastern philosophy always makes more sense when you're completely baked. Thats probably why I liked it so much in college.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #152
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Good job IB. You stated--without substance--that I am wrong. And you pointed out my spelling errors.

Well done. That's better than normal for you so I had to applaud you.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #153
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaldevil View Post
Essence you from the UK mate? London I reckon yea? If so good to have another English mate around!

Right, back to watch Spurs. Wonder if Harry will really leave? Can't see anyone else being England manager really?

Okay, now you lot can carry on fighting...
A Spurs fan too? No we don;t mean anything from SA.

I have supported them since they won the fairs cup back in the 60's. But I am an armchair supporter.

I guess it makes sense from your jewish heritage, for me it was just random.

Remember how Chivers used to score all his goals with his knee?

Hoddle was the Gower of football, on the playing field. When they both got it right it took your breath away.

I can barely bring myself to see the scores - one day we were on the way to win the title, next day we were staring at 5th place.

Back to the potty training class.

ps. I didn;t get your pm, my in box was full, I have emptied it now.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #154
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Good job IB. You stated--without substance--that I am wrong. And you pointed out my spelling errors. No, Old-goaT. Your 'wrongness' was illustrated as posted by Little Blind Boy in his favorite 'Purple Passion Type'. The only thing that is 'without substance' is Old-goaT's empty cranium.

Well done. That's better than normal for you so I had to applaud you.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #155
sfb
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Good call on the "than", I apologize for my typo.

As for the purpose of the post. I came across this thread by accident and honestly after the first 3 pages I could not keep reading. I felt sad to listen to a debate that involved so much hatred on both sides, yet gets muddled by people attacking each other over punctuation, spelling, and beliefs which will typically not be changed by an angry post in a thread.

I wrote the haiku first (#138) because it felt right, and I still think it fits this 11 page thread pretty well. It makes no sense to me to classify an entire 2 billion people based on one person's interpretation of a religion, regardless of whether or not that person was published. It also makes no sense to me to attack someone for stating an opposite view and in that attack make reference to attacks being low and stupid.

I was feeling inspired, and I felt like writing. I typically write for myself, and have honestly not shared anything that I have put to paper since my undergrad days, but felt like giving it a try today so I went for it. I appreciate the feedback whether it be positive or negative.

I did not mean any offense to anyone, but was only trying to call attention to the one aspect that made the least sense to me. Nevergaveitathought you mentioned that the short answer was that logic does not dictate that music equals death, and I for one agree with you, though let everyone have their own answer. I included it here because it reminds me of the original argument being thrown around the thread that I completely disagree with:

"We believe that Islam is a violent hateful religion, you believe in Islam therefore you are a violent hateful person"

I know I simplified it, but that was the impression I was getting from a number of posters. To me that generalization does not make sense, and I guess I need to go back over the middle posts, because it sounds very judgemental though my understanding was that it was meant to be insightful. This world has already seen too much lumping together by shared traits in order to share atrocities; spirituality can not always be so easily defined. This does not even take into account the possibility that the initial statement summarizing an entire religion as violent is false as well.

I must say I hate these little boxes for replies... makes it hard to read back over.
sfb is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #156
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Well, it's obvious, sfb, that you are too rational to play here. If you stay here just a short time, you will find that intelligent discussion is never the goal here. The goal is to call those who disagree with you a homosexual in the most creative terms. Some like to use different colored fonts or sizes, orboth, to prove their superiority.

But rational discussion? Fuggedaboudit. Rationality or thoughtfulness are not found here. If you get too out of line, they will start wishing for your death. But it's ok, no one really knows who you are, except the NSA, CIA, FBI, DHS etc. and they know this is a SHMB, so who cares?

Thanks for your input. It was a nice try, but others have tried and failed to carry on an intelligent discussion. You just have to enjoy the idiocy, then this place is a lot of fun.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #157
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Oh, and sfb, if you look below the quick reply box, you will see a button that says "Go Advanced". Click that and you will have more room for your reply. Faggot.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #158
sfb
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Now that sounds like good advice! Thank you CuteOldGuy!

But... I must admit, I think your point would have had far more impact if the colors in your final word had gone red blue green... I mean seriously, green blue red? Are you an amateur? A simple hisabetsu buraku shusshin-sha?

Next thing you know we will be ordering colors Green Eggshelll Lavender Blue...
sfb is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #159
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default welcome to the sturm und drang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfb View Post
Good call on the "than", I apologize for my typo.
they will castigate their own mother over a typo

Quote:
I felt sad to listen to a debate that involved so much hatred on both sides.
histrionics, hyperbole, testosterone (well on the part of some), and good ol overbearing loutishness coupled with anonymity tends to create fever pitches

Quote:
I did not mean any offense to anyone
its like mentioning something about your foot and then finding that you excited at least one person's perv, if you type in here, you will offend someone.

Quote:
Nevergaveitathought you mentioned that the short answer was that logic does not dictate that music equals death, and I for one agree with you, though let everyone have their own answer.
now i love you
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #160
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Well alrghty then... That settles it!! I'm converting to the people of the blue spaghetti monster that live in devine peace on the planet zenue.

LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #161
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
Well alrghty then... That settles it!! I'm converting to the people of the blue spaghetti monster that live in devine peace on the planet zenue.

let me have one session wif you first
Old 03-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #162
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post

We welcome you happily!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #163
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
Ahem, my only comment in this thread will be this:

As an atheist, I thank you to not stereotype me as a hater of religion or the religious. My conversion to atheism was personal and does not affect my views of those who believe in a deity of any kind. I have no agenda other than to raise my children as valuable contributors to society and ensure that I have a legacy once I'm gone.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #164
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomidis View Post
Ahem, my only comment in this thread will be this:

As an atheist, I thank you to not stereotype me as a hater of religion or the religious. My conversion to atheism was personal and does not affect my views of those who believe in a deity of any kind. I have no agenda other than to raise my children as valuable contributors to society and ensure that I have a legacy once I'm gone.
everyone has a belief in something and a disbelief in another thing. thats no reason to not accept them as a person

faith is reliance on what we dont know as a fact and a hope in what makes the most sense to us. no one knows with absolute certainty one thing

sometimes we might go with what we see as empirically creating the best result for society and family coupled with reason and what has worked for us. sometimes people fight against a thing they may feel is best because they might feel it would intrude on what they wish to do. it just all depends
Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #165
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Just checking in lads! Seems this debate is still going lol. Right, off to watch Liverpool hopefully lose!
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women