Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40276
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #166
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Your counter-factual opinion flies in the face of informed expert analysis.

was it really necessary to censor the article?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #167
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern2814 View Post
People there WANT a wall. All your lying and crying and meltdowns don't change FACTS.
Any proof at all to back up your statement that people on the border want a wall?

"Most Texans along the border don't want Trump's wall"

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article152402734.html

"On the Border: Little Enthusiasm for a Wall"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/u...exico-usa.html
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #168
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

the cartel article makes a good case for the wall. I knew the cartel was ruthless, but I didn't think they were that ruthless to corner the coyote market at the border. pay up or die. that's brutal.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #169
Lantern2814
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Any proof at all to back up your statement that people on the border want a wall?

The New York Slimes? Try getting a CREDIBLE source speedy. Or just try watching newscasts or actually reading REAL reporters. The actual workers want this and so do the people who suffer daly from this crap. Deny it all you want. Not my fault you refuse to see reality.
Lantern2814 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #170
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
was it really necessary to censor the article?
Yes. I previously, within the last year, received a warning for using the four letter word I censored. Four of the words I censored would certainly have drawn points and a fifth -- who knows how the mod gods would have ruled!?!?! From previous experience, the assigned forum mod isn't the only mod that issues points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
the cartel article makes a good case for the wall. I knew the cartel was ruthless, but I didn't think they were that ruthless to corner the coyote market at the border. pay up or die. that's brutal.
Quote:
A Few [1.5] Hours From Where Acosta Said There's No Crisis: 21 Bodies, Some Burned, Found In Mexican Border Town

On the same day that CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta posted his report from McAllen, Texas assuring Americans that there wasn't "anything resembling a national emergency situation," at least not there, very different reports were coming out of a Mexican border town just a few hours northwest: Authorities found 21 bodies, some burned, after what appears to be yet another clash between rival ____ cartel gangs.

"Mexican authorities said Thursday that 21 bodies, some burned, have been found in the northern Mexico border state of Tamaulipas in what appears to have been a clash between ____ gangs. The bodies were found near the remains of seven burned-out vehicles near the border town of Miguel Aleman," CBS News reports.

The city of Miguel Aleman is located in the northwestern border state of Tamaulipas, Mexico. The city is about 1.5 hours [56 miles] northwest of McAllen and borders the southern edge of Texas. Below is a screenshots from Google Maps showing Miguel Aleman and McAllen, which are about 180 miles apart:

While Acosta made sure to note that he saw no evidence of a crisis "at least in McAllen," the reality, of course, is that multiple towns on both the north and south edge of the border are seeing not only the humanitarian crises that necessarily result from illegal immigration, but the additional, often deadly violence of the ____ cartels.

CBS notes that newly elected Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has responded to the discovery of the 21 bodies, saying evidence indicates they are the results of brutal gang violence.

The Zetas ____ cartel is currently locked in a battle with the Gulf cartel for control of the Rio Grande Valley. The recent splintering of the Zetas cartel has resulted in even more skirmishes, this one reportedly between the Northeast Zetas splinter group and the Gulf gang. In 2017 alone, the war between the rival groups left nearly 29,000 dead, CBS reports.

President Trump addressed the dangers posed by ____ traffickers in his first national address from the Oval Office Tuesday, stressing the loss of innocent lives due to these criminal operations. Mexican border states, particularly Tamaulipas, as CBS notes, have become "conduits" for ____ shipments and, as a result, hubs of violence.

But from Acosta's view down in McAllen, there's nothing to see at the southern border. Here's his much-criticized report in which he declares there isn't "anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area":

(The Daily Wire)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #171
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

I was there when Trump came to McAllen on Thursday. Surprisingly, I saw just as many pro-Trump signs in the crowds that were congregated near the airport as there were anti-Trump signs. The pro-Trump signs said "Build the wall" and "I support President Trump". And many of these pro-Trump signs were held by Hispanics.
NiceGuy53 is online now   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #172
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
I was there when Trump came to McAllen on Thursday. Surprisingly, I saw just as many pro-Trump signs as there was anti-Trump signs in the crowds that were congregated near the airport. The pro-Trump signs said "Build the wall" and "I support President Trump". And many of these pro-Trump signs were held by Hispanics.
So it was 50/50 Pro and Against? How many people would you guess were there?
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #173
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
I was there when Trump came to McAllen on Thursday. Surprisingly, I saw just as many pro-Trump signs in the crowds that were congregated near the airport as there were anti-Trump signs. The pro-Trump signs said "Build the wall" and "I support President Trump". And many of these pro-Trump signs were held by Hispanics.
Btw. Here is what the mayor of McAllen said. You were just there not me so I Im not discounting your view. Of course many of the signs were held by Hispanics. They are 85% Hispanic population

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLGBoL9BWQ4
Old 01-13-2019, 03:53 PM   #174
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

It was a pretty even split between supporters and haters in the crowds that I saw. I would estimate there were several thousand people there in the general area around the airport.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #175
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
It was a pretty even split between supporters and haters in the crowds that I saw. I would estimate there were several thousand people there in the general area around the airport.
Thanks. That makes sense
Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #176
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Mayor Darling is a politician. His job is to sell McAllen so businesses and tourists will want to come there. And he does a good job. I have no real issues with him. But when it comes to the issue of whether to build the wall there, I will take the judgement of the immigration enforcement professionals (the Border Patrol) over the judgement of a local politician any day of the week.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #177
bamscram
Valued Poster

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-oppose-any-e/
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #178
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post

“[A]ny immigration solution must recognize that we must do as much as we can to gain operational control of our borders as soon as possible.”

Lil Chucky Schumer, 6th Annual Immigration Law and Policy Conference, Migration Policy Institute, June 24, 2009
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #179
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

“[A]ny immigration solution must recognize that we must do as much as we can to gain operational control of our borders as soon as possible.”

Lil Chucky Schumer, 6th Annual Immigration Law and Policy Conference, Migration Policy Institute, June 24, 2009

You are aware this is 2019?
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #180
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Mayor Darling is a politician. His job is to sell McAllen so businesses and tourists will want to come there. And he does a good job. I have no real issues with him. But when it comes to the issue of whether to build the wall there, I will take the judgement of the immigration enforcement professionals (the Border Patrol) over the word of a local politician any day of the week.
Fair enough. I disagree but I see your point. At least its rational

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women