Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70440
biomed160779
Yssup Rider60136
gman4452954
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47648
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35500
Mojojo33117

Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
pickupkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 77
Cool does any of your friends or family know you hobby?

did your life change when they found out?
pickupkid is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Tom Terrific
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

No and so, no again.
Tom Terrific is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32

Please see:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=414487

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

No
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
Guest041413-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31

Okay, I'll respond...my 'member' of family knows(so to speak). That's 'bout it! My DICK knows. LMAO!
Guest041413-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
Luna Syn
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 127450
My ECCIE Reviews

I have some close friends who know, but they are involved in the fetish lifestyle. My aunt knows what I do simply b/c I don't want to turn up missing and noone know what was going on. I was raised in a very liberal family.. We say "to each his own"
Luna Syn is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
NIKKILOVE
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 112639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

None of my family knows. My SO knows. My close girl friends know. But I do not openly really discuss it around many.
NIKKILOVE is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
Ms. Athena
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 78702
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

My close friends and family are aware. They dont all approve, but they understand and support me in what I choose to do with my life.
Ms. Athena is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
BustyShelly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 121603
My ECCIE Reviews

Every adult in my family knows and sometimes I have to remind them no one is perfect (without pointing fingers, but I do give that look!) My childhood was not stable or safe so they know I am happy now and that's what really matters! No one has the right to judge when they have no clue what you've been through.
BustyShelly is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
alluringava
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 67814
My ECCIE Reviews

I've asked some clients this question and the answers range from 'other hobbyists know' ( from get-togethers and meet and greets) to 'no, no one else knows'.
alluringava is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

I tell anyone I live with, and I only live with people I know will be cool with it. My current roommate couldn't care less and actually acts as my safe call which is nice, because I don't have to bug another provider! I have a few friends who know, one found me on accident (reading TER for his own purposes hahahah...) and a few others I've told. The number of people who know though, I can count on one hand.

I tried to hide it once, the person found out, stole a lot of money and ran back to our hometown, and that was that. In the end karma got him (stealing the money, losing all of his lifelong friends, etc caused his life to downward spiral) and he's rotting in jail for something like 3-5 but my lesson was learned: honesty pays. If the person I'm living with isn't cool with what I do, I probably shouldn't be living with them or associated with them in the first place.

Honestly, for the most part I just don't have friends anymore. It's hard to make friends when you have to hide/lie about something as basic as your job until you're sure they won't freak out over it.
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
alluringava
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 67814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Mariposa View Post
I tell anyone I live with, and I only live with people I know will be cool with it. My current roommate couldn't care less and actually acts as my safe call which is nice, because I don't have to bug another provider! I have a few friends who know, one found me on accident (reading TER for his own purposes hahahah...) and a few others I've told. The number of people who know though, I can count on one hand.

I tried to hide it once, the person found out, stole a lot of money and ran back to our hometown, and that was that. In the end karma got him (stealing the money, losing all of his lifelong friends, etc caused his life to downward spiral) and he's rotting in jail for something like 3-5 but my lesson was learned: honesty pays. If the person I'm living with isn't cool with what I do, I probably shouldn't be living with them or associated with them in the first place.

Honestly, for the most part I just don't have friends anymore. It's hard to make friends when you have to hide/lie about something as basic as your job until you're sure they won't freak out over it.

Missy...the part about 'having friends' speaks volumes to me because it's hard to keep it a secret, and in the past, when I made the mistake of revealing what I did, I KNOW these people placed judgement on me or started avoiding me. Of course, with 'friends like those' who needs enemies. A true friend would never judge. But inevitably because society has such deeply-ingrained notions of prostitution and all that, even my most liberal friends can't help but make snide comments or roll their eyes whenever the topic comes up. The few good friends I do have...I have chosen not to let one know, and the other two friends, like sisters to me, are also providers. Only another provider can know what a provider goes through on a day to day basis. My neighbors and other relatives don't know. Thankfully I do have another job to 'cover my bases' but I often wonder if people find my lifestyle believable and in sync with the income of a part-time trainer. I've had people say " Well if you work part-time how can you afford to buy that house...etc..." To which I say " Oh I'm smart about my money...investments!"

But travelling entails a whole new level of secrecy. Especially when you're at the hotel. You have to be really private and discreet.
alluringava is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
Sexy Latina Vanessa
SLV

User ID: 103878
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

No, none of my family know, my brother is very religious. He goes to church 4 times a week.
Sexy Latina Vanessa is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Liliana
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 110314
My ECCIE Reviews

My dad and step mother "know" [They have their assumptions but I don't confirm it as they are liable to freak out.] One or two of my friends do and they couldn't care less. The rest of my friends will never find out. They're all judgmental.
Liliana is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
cumalot
Registered Member

Encounters: 14

Nobody I that I know knows...
cumalot is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women