Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 04-04-2021, 01:16 PM   #16
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
It's illegal to give someone a drink of water or some food while standing in line for 2 plus hours to vote? Republicans will stoop to anything to win an election. I am surprised the reputard georgia legislature didn't put in you have to be able to explain Einstein's theory of relativity before you can vote.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Georgia Secretary of State's office was on CNN the other day. Like you and me, he thinks massive election fraud in Georgia is a fantasy dreamed up by Donald Trump, Lin Wood, and Sydney Powell.

He went through the list of Democratic Party criticisms of the Georgia election law one by one. They're mostly bogus. He thinks overall it's a good bill.

About food and water, there's a law that's been in place for years, that you can't campaign within 150 feet of a polling place. Apparently political operatives were able to use water and food as an excuse to electioneer. Election workers are allowed and do give water to people in line. One of the items in the new Georgia election law is that if people have to wait over an hour to vote, then next election they have to add a new precinct or polling place to shorten the wait to under an hour. So people shouldn't be dying of thirst or hunger while waiting to vote.

The one item in the bill that the COO disagreed with is that it gives more power over elections to the Georgia legislature and less to the Secretary of State's office, where he works.

Anyway, the main reason you're hearing a lot about this bill is because it gives Democratic Party politicians a chance to get their base fighting mad. This can translate to better Democratic Party turnout in the next election and more campaign contributions. There's a parallel between what they're doing and what Trump was doing in claiming massive election fraud, and using this to raise money for his political action committee. Unfortunately, they're both destroying confidence in our election system and dividing the country.

Quote:
Odd thing is, it was TRUMP who wanted a second $2,000 stimulus check from the beginning. That would only happen if the democrats won both Georgia Senate elections in Jan 2021 (which they did).
Yeah, like I wrote back in December, "I don't understand why most of the esteemed left-of-center posters here hate Trump. Donald Trump is a great friend to the Democratic Party, and his latest antics appear to be a ploy to lose the Georgia Senate elections and turn all the levers of the federal government over to Biden, Schumer and Pelosi." He single handedly caused Republicans to loose one of the Georgia Senate runoffs, maybe both of them.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:25 PM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Many years ago, politicians bought votes with booze and barbecue. Do today's Democratic Party politicians think that's a good thing?
Old 04-04-2021, 02:35 PM   #18
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
It's illegal to give someone a drink of water or some food while standing in line for 2 plus hours to vote?
this is misleading.

just party workers would not be allowed to give water/food to voters in line. GA govt. say its electioneering. I call that an "in-kind" bribe. its coorrupt. poll works are allowed to food/water to voters standing in line for over 1 hour.

you need to stop parroting democrats fake news.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #19
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Many years ago, politicians bought votes with booze and barbecue. Do today's Democratic Party politicians think that's a good thing?
apparently so.

its one thing to do that during the campaign stumping which all candidates do.

but its another thing to do that on election day.

dems do the samething with transportation on election dday, its in-kind bribe when they do that. they have no qualms doing it.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:59 PM   #20
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Old 04-04-2021, 03:05 PM   #21
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
About food and water, there's a law that's been in place for years, that you can't campaign within 150 feet of a polling place. Apparently political operatives were able to use water and food as an excuse to electioneer. Election workers are allowed and do give water to people in line.
Saw the same thing here in TX when I went to vote, two gals who were working for the local Dem state rep candidate were giving out bottles of water and trying to solicit people. They saw my "Make Austin Texas Again" shirt and passed me by.
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:46 PM   #22
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post

just party workers would not be allowed to give water/food to voters in line. GA govt. say its electioneering. I call that an "in-kind" bribe. its coorrupt.
Trump lost Georgia because party workers got people to change their vote by offering them water?

Trump lost Georgia because the Demographics of the voting population changed. More educated people moved into the area. These people tend to vote democrat instead of republican.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #23
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Trump lost Georgia because party workers got people to change their vote by offering them water?

Trump lost Georgia because the Demographics of the voting population changed. More educated people moved into the area. These people tend to vote democrat instead of republican.
I think it was more about Trump and less about the demographics than what you're thinking. More Democrats voted than would have otherwise because they hated Trump. Trump turned Arizona and Georgia purple, and if he continues to be the leader of the Republican Party they'll stay purple.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:05 PM   #24
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonGlock View Post
Saw the same thing here in TX when I went to vote, two gals who were working for the local Dem state rep candidate were giving out bottles of water and trying to solicit people. They saw my "Make Austin Texas Again" shirt and passed me by.
So they were using the water as an excuse to campaign? And not handing out water to people who they figured would vote Republican?
Old 04-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #25
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
So they were using the water as an excuse to campaign? And not handing out water to people who they figured would vote Republican?
yup, in line to the poll, which was city hall, next door to the police station
Old 04-04-2021, 05:53 PM   #26
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
this is misleading.

just party workers would not be allowed to give water/food to voters in line. GA govt. say its electioneering. I call that an "in-kind" bribe. its coorrupt. poll works are allowed to food/water to voters standing in line for over 1 hour.

you need to stop parroting democrats fake news.
adav is not having a good weekend with all the corrections of his posts. Its been embarrassing
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:09 PM   #27
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
The twenty largest cities in the USA have more people than the state of Alaska.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities

Mayors of large cities are leading more people that Palin lead when she was govenor of Alaska. LOL.

You're missing the point. LL is trying to say Harris wasn't qualified to be a Vice President. Besides being Attorney General of Calif, she was also a two term Senator in California. If a republican had a resume like that he/she would be perfectly acceptable.
You can say that about several states. You're not making any sense.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:17 PM   #28
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
You can say that about several states.
Can you explain to me with a straight face how S. Palin was more qualified to be vice president than K. Harris. LL, Johnny Reb, Bambino and Dilbert can't. I'll give you a chance. LOL
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:27 PM   #29
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
The twenty largest cities in the USA have more people than the state of Alaska.
this is one of the things that has me really curious regarding the DC statehood thing. Let's say it creates a precedent that "City States" can be made for every city over 700K people, that makes for 20 new states:

Old 04-04-2021, 09:36 PM   #30
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Today One would have to have a lot of Booze in his system among other things to vote for a Democrat. Probably the reason why Democrats push for open Borders.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women